A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
[Regulation A] Ash

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Sep 08, 2007 18:57

He feels....weird to use.

New moves:
b_f + K: The finisher to his KOFXI LDM followup. Launches for juggle.

QCB,HCF + P: Ranbu DM (gah) that ends in a launcher. I *think* it's 2 stocks.

He has only one stylish art that lets you charge (and it's kind of slow), so I have no idea how you're supposed to play him...

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Mon Sep 10, 2007 05:36

f A: Is actually more than just an overhead now. The full string is f A-C-b D-(A-taunt) but you should just end it at C since it juggles.

b B: Same old as his 2D one.

b D: Same old but has an extra attack at the end if you press b D again. It's an aerial move so his aerial specials can be chained from it.

-

b~f A: Same old. SCable.

b~f C: Same old. SCable.

d~u K: Same as XI where the B version comes out quicker than the D version. As for priority, no idea.

jump qcb B: A flip kick like Makoto's jump qcb K in SF3 third Strike. Can be used after a jump attack. When hit deep enough, can continue combo on ground.

jump qcb D: A downward drill kick like Benimaru's jump d D. Can be used after a jump attack. Easier to continue ground combo than the B version.

b~f K: Same as Kain's b~f K special in Garou MOTW. D version juggles.

rdp K: Counter that switches sides with opponent for free combo (like Seth's counter). Can followup for a free juggle with b~f D. SCable (but why SC when you get a free juggle?).

close hcf P: A version pushes them back for a SC. C version juggles just like his 2D version. C version can be juggled into his qcb-hcf K super. SCable.

-

qcfx2 P: A version comes out quicker but less hits. C is slower but more hits. Damage looks the same to me. 1 stock.

qcfx2 K: Same old. 1 stock.

A>B>C>D: His 2D LDM. 1 stock but runs out quickest. Around 75% less damage on all attacks.1 stock.

A>C>B>D: His 2D LDM. Lasts as long as 1 stock but what makes it different is that all attacks do around 50% less damage compared to 1 stock's 75% less damage. 2 stocks.

qcb-hcf K: Ranbu with random enders. Not sure if you can control the ender but there's his d~u K ender, qcfx2 K ender and a free juggle. 2 stocks.

A>B>A>C: His 2D LDM. Lasts longer than his lower stock versions. 3 stocks. All attacks do around 50% less damage but lasts 2-3 times longer than 1 and 2 stock version.

qcb-hcf C during his 3 stock super: Does an explosion with his flames instead of his XI version where he dashes forward. 2 stocks.

-

Can cancel his b C before it hits. Best would be his close hcf P special since the opponent will likely block.

His f B string hits low.

When doing his close hcf C at wall, can connect with qcfx2 K when opponent is near ground for full hits.

syxx222
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by syxx222 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:13

Ash is extremely easy to play and very strong, the main thing you want to go for are his strings into charge back, forward D, and then into lvl 1 fireball super (with the A button), into charge back, foward D into fireball super. Of course there are variations to this depending on the stocks you have plus the starter, because of the maximum number of hits you can do but some things you'll want to try are

jumping D into A,A,C is easy to link

if any of the hits of B,B,D hit, A,A,C is guaranteed as long as they are not ducking and far away from you

jumping D into B,B,D works, so j.D, B,B,D, A,A,C

you can connect his C version of his lvl 1 fireball after A,A,C and still do charge back, forward D, into fireball super, then whatever you want, either his lvl 2 ranbu or just jumping C+D, which you can get after his fireball super if you are juggling after doing his charge back, forward D.

Other followups you can do after his juggling fireball super are sidestep D, charge back forward+D, and C,b+D,C, charge back, forward+D, among other things.

Also after blocked A,A,C (which is really what you are trying to connect with him most of the time) charge back, forward C is great, because his charge back,forward B/D is unsafe on block.

Just some basics to get you started...

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 13:35

The qcb,hcf+C finisher for the A>B>A>C Sans-Cullotes scales horribly in combos. Which probably means it was intended purely as a defensive move and not as a finisher for your combo.

qcf,qcf+A disappears after travelling some distance.

charge b,f+C is pretty darned overpowered here. Launches fast and works like an anti-air Double Reppu Ken, plus it knocks down.

Not sure about his charge d,u+K, but it seems to have some invincibility, since I've never been knocked out of it on wakeup.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 09:01

Here's a list of Ash's Stylish Combos in regards to mr. crimson's request. The A input at the end is a taunt.

A > A > C > C > A
f+A > C > b+D > A
B > B > D > D > A
B > B > D > b+D > A
f+B > D > D
B > d+D
C > C > D > C
C > C > D > D > D
C > C > D > d+D
b+C > b+D > C > D
b+C > b+D > C > b+D (faint)
D > D > D > D
D > D > D > b+D > A
d+D> d+D > b+D
b+D > b+D

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by mr crimson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 20:41

Thanks a ton for the combos.

I have one question. I was looking at AlbaMeira's videos on youtube, and there's this insane trick where the characters get juggled in the air thanks to charge b, F+B (seems like B due to its range and speed). How in the living heck is that possible?

Also, one very effective combo that seems guaranteed is D>D>D>b+D>F+B/F+D/F+C (Any of the last three are interchangeable, and it seems like F+C seems to do the most damage)

Still, can anyone explain to me the b>F+B combo, because I'm either very incompetent, or it's a bit more complex than the thing that I'm attempting.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Apr 30, 2008 21:05

A link to the video might help :)

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Thu May 01, 2008 03:57

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8BLu5am4JxY - here, this one's by Lordcrimson. This video boggles my mind... :P
I've seen other people's videos do it too, so I'm not sure how it's done exactly.

And sorry, I guess I thought the video was by AlbaMeira, because he/she does a ton of Regulation A stuff so...

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu May 01, 2008 04:17

This might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but what I think he's doing is using the no-charge max mode induced by Ash' level 3 DM to cancel his flash kick into his dashing fire attack repeatedly.

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Thu May 01, 2008 04:57

SonicTempest wrote:This might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but what I think he's doing is using the no-charge max mode induced by Ash' level 3 DM to cancel his flash kick into his dashing fire attack repeatedly.
Euhm, :oops: Sorry, I don't mean to sound stupid but do you think you can try and explain the button imput for me? So, does his level 3 DM work the same way that Sans Cullotes worked in XI where there is no charge time, or am I not understanding right? (I'm guessing it's the latter...)

Sorry for how stupid I sound with all this, I'm just extremely new to the terminology and the way things work in King of Fighters. Also thank you for patiently explaining this stuff for me, I really appreciate it!

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu May 01, 2008 06:15

Yes, that's exactly how it works: your specials become cancellable into one another and there are no charge times.

At least, I think so. I never played Regulation A all that much...

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Thu May 01, 2008 07:21

SonicTempest wrote:Yes, that's exactly how it works: your specials become cancellable into one another and there are no charge times.

At least, I think so. I never played Regulation A all that much...
I try it, and in times it seems to work, and others it doesn't. When exactly should I cancel them? Think you can give me any tips? I was only able to (through sheer luck) to get the C version 3 times in a row, but I cannot do the speed that the video's at. That's just ridiculous....

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu May 01, 2008 07:50

Hmm, b,f+B, d,u+B, b,f+B, d,u+B ad infinitum?

Like I said though I don't play Regulation A so I'm not sure if that even works - it's just a guess from watching the video.
The trick seems to be that the b,f+B doesn't hit - it just moves you into position for the flash kick to hit.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu May 01, 2008 16:45

It should be b,f+D, as the B version is a hard knockdown. And that was a lvl-1 Sans-Cullotes in the first combo from the video. The higher the level used, the bigger the flames at startup are. The first combo isn't applicable in an actual match anyway, since he used a lvl-1, then a lvl-3 and then finished with his lvl-2 autocombo DM.

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Thu May 01, 2008 21:46

Tel wrote:It should be b,f+D, as the B version is a hard knockdown. And that was a lvl-1 Sans-Cullotes in the first combo from the video. The higher the level used, the bigger the flames at startup are. The first combo isn't applicable in an actual match anyway, since he used a lvl-1, then a lvl-3 and then finished with his lvl-2 autocombo DM.

Thanks, I'll try to keep that in mind. I play casual anyway, so I don't need to worry about official match applications. :)

I've been finding out a ton of new combos that can be done with Ash. Nothing tremendously complicated, but it's still cool.