Got the US version (KOF 2006)

zomg it's THREE D!
Branger
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Too much, or not enough?
XBL:BurningRanger23
PSN:BurningRanger23
Got the US version (KOF 2006)

Post by Branger » Wed Sep 20, 2006 23:32

I picked up the US version of KOF MI2 (known as KOF 2006) today. I was upset that it didn't come with the Another Day DVD it was supposed to come with (it was, wasn't it?). Has anyone else had this problem?

Oh--and the game seems to short? Maybe I need to set the difficulty higher?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Sep 21, 2006 00:30

It was supposed to....but apparently none of the sites where you could preorder it mentioned it afterwards :x

EDIT: An admin at the official SNKPUSA boards says that the Another Day DVD is only available at EBGames/Gamestop.

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Thu Sep 21, 2006 00:56

ShadowSonic wrote:It was supposed to....but apparently none of the sites where you could preorder it mentioned it afterwards :x

EDIT: An admin at the official SNKPUSA boards says that the Another Day DVD is only available at EBGames/Gamestop.
GameCrazy said that you get it when you reserve it. But what do I care? I hated that thing. If I get it, does anybody want it?

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:22

I preordered it at Gamestop and didn't get shit, then again, they also forgot the hat with MI until my brother saw that they had them 2 days later, so maybe the workers are just oblivious.

I don't know if the difficulty is way easier than it was for the Japanese version, or if I am better at the game, but considering I haven't played MI2 in quite a while I'm gonna say that the Normal difficulty level is much easier. That must be it because I can't imagine how else I would have beaten Jivatma with no retries.

Voice acting sucks, it seems worse than MI1, but that's probably just because there is more dialogue. At least there is a Japanese voice option. Seriously, it's like I said in the other thread: It's like a cast made up entirely of Barry Burtons. Egoraptor should find the studio that recorded this because they will apparently hire anybody, and his voice blows all of them out of the water.

Oh well, the game is there in English, so I can at least see the story in it's retarded glory. Dammit, so many costumes to earn again.

Branger
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%
Currently Playing:Too much, or not enough?
XBL:BurningRanger23
PSN:BurningRanger23

Post by Branger » Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:54

Anti-K' wrote:
ShadowSonic wrote:It was supposed to....but apparently none of the sites where you could preorder it mentioned it afterwards :x

GameCrazy said that you get it when you reserve it. But what do I care? I hated that thing. If I get it, does anybody want it?
I want it!

I'm upset because I preordered from EBGames. Then again, some of the people who work there are boneheads.

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Thu Sep 21, 2006 02:09

Well, I've been looking around online, and have yet to see anyone say "yes, I have it". So my guess would be that it just isn't out there, and if it gets shipped to gamestop later they probably won't tell you about it because they are assholes.

KoFFreaK
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by KoFFreaK » Thu Sep 21, 2006 03:59

I too didnt get the DVD. Although I wasnt expecting anything anyway, Ebgames.com or gamestop.com didnt mention the bonus. Maybe if the game costed more...we would have gotten something.

Anti-K'
MOAR

Post by Anti-K' » Thu Oct 05, 2006 19:55

So, is the game worth getting? I was supposed to pick it on Saturday. Should I just get my money back?

And I'm serious. If anyone wants the DVD, and if I get it, I'll mail it to you. No foolin'.

Anti-K'
MOAR

Post by Anti-K' » Mon Oct 09, 2006 17:35

I got it. You didn't say it was only $30! And yeah, it was pretty short. No DVD. It never came in.

Dammit, they kept that old, hideous Kula pic in the game as a loading screen. I cringe every time I see it.

When I play, it doesn't feel like I'm playing a KOF game. It feels more like Tekken mixed with a CAPCOM fighter.

And EVERY female in the game has "bouncy" animation!! Even Kula!! WTF you goddamn pedos at SNK?!