MvC3 vs MK9: Decisions...

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
IsshunSengeki
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:#HAMLORD
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, BlazBlue Chronophantasma
PSN:IsshunSengeki
MvC3 vs MK9: Decisions...

Post by IsshunSengeki » Thu Jan 20, 2011 17:53

Guys, I have no idea what to pre-order. Unless KOF XIII comes out REAL soon, then I'm stuck between Mortal Kombat 2011 and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
I initially would've gone straight for MvC3 because MK games are renowned for the less than ergonomic button layout. But, according to sources...
"Unlike previous Mortal Kombat fighting games, there are four attack buttons that each represent a corresponding limb, a concept better known for its existence in the Tekken franchise."
That said, my 'sources' is just one 'source', and it is Wikipedia. But, if this combat system is what is being used, I'd totally get it.

So, what do I get? MvC3? MK? Or neither, and just wait over 9000 years for a KOF XIII home port? (because there sure as hell aren't any cabs in my general area)

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Re: MvC3 vs MK9: Decisions...

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:01

There's a lower chance that MvC3 will be a POS compared to MK, so I'd go for that. Then again I've never liked MK for some reason.

IsshunSengeki
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by IsshunSengeki » Fri Jan 21, 2011 03:01

I suppose that is true. But the MK series is going in a direction that most want it to go, and word down the grape vine is that WB Games/Netherrealm Studios actually got some professional fighting game players to help make the game competition-viable.
Then again, we all know that MvC3 is going to be all kinds of awesome. I'll just get MvC3 and wait for the MK 2011 reviews to come in.

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Sat Jan 22, 2011 19:41

I'm getting both..but the main reason for that is I can't choose between the two.

I like both for different reasons. MvC III has a lot of characters that look fun to play and as of now, is not as broken as MvC II. I'm sure that will change. But until the Holy Trinity of MvC III is found and abused to high hell, I see myself playing this a lot. Mainly for Ammy & Skrull.

The word is that this MK is the 'MK we have all been waiting for'. This reboot supposedly deals with a lot of the issues that most had with the franchise. As a fan of the first 5 MKs (MK, 2, 3, Ultimate, Trilogy) and a hater of all else since then, I am liking what I see in the form of gameplay videos.

But I suppose the best bet is MvC III. It is coming out 2 months before MK anyway and is destined to be a hit. MK could get the same notoriety, but they have a reputation to fix (or at least in my eyes).

Anti-K'
Neomaxxing
Currently Playing:JoJo All Star Battle, Vampire Savior
PSN:Anti-KDash

Post by Anti-K' » Sun Jan 23, 2011 09:50

I'm gonna try them both out first. I liked Mortal Kombat Ultimate 3 when I was a kid, and MK9 is supposed to be similar. I'm glad they got rid of the run button, but I'm still not a fan of fighers with a block button.

For MvC3, I like X-23 and Deadpool and TvC was a fun game. I already know people are going to just reuse their teams from MvC2 or just use the OP characters(once they're revealed) and suck the fun out of the game.

IsshunSengeki
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by IsshunSengeki » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37

Well, I've pre-ordered MvC3, but I still intend to get MK9. If it's really going to use that Tekken-esque layout that they've been talking about, then that sells it for me. The block button doesn't really bother me, as I played a lot of Soul Calibur 2 when I was younger. :-P Of course, I'm all for the abolition of the ungodly Run button.