And I thought anime was dead

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron
Re: And I thought anime was dead

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 19:06

Gunsmith wrote:Actually running out of stuff to watch... is there anything else ?
Another , based on a famous novel is a work that has been hyped a lot. Supposedly is a mystery setting with a bunch of murders and creepy stuff.

Papa no Iu koto wo kikinasai or "listen to what Papa says" it's a slice of life with a cherry mood and hints of drama here and there. It's about a guy younger than us and a young family, it has a kinda of Usagi Drop vibe but it has a bunch of fanservice and panty shots and harem setting that kill the mood and ruins the story. Regardless of that seems kinda fun.

Kill me baby ; brainless comedy to it's finest, I have been largely urged to watch this based on the dance sequences alone usually dubbed "kill me dance". Regular character design is a major turn off, though.

There is also Towa no Kuon , which is an unfinished project and tribute to the late Hellsing & the 8th MS team director Umanosuke Iida

From the 4 series I have only picked up Papa and I have mixed feelings with it, the other ones I need to study more and some of them I haven't even started them :lol: . You can also watch Amagami and see how Konami wastes money in high production values series. There is also Hunter x Hunter and if you didn't picked up Hyouge Mono you need to slice off 3 fingers. Yes, 3.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Sun Jan 29, 2012 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Sheba
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:ALL HAIL OPPAI!!!
Currently Playing:Civilization 5 , BlazBlue: Continuum Shift , Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Minecraft, Magicka
PSN:TigerBalmSniffer

Post by Sheba » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:10

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. Take a genre dominated by Cute Girls Doing Cute Things. Genderbend it with Dumb Guys Doing Dumb Things. What do you get? Cool Story Bro: the Anime. By the director of Gintama, and starring Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki, Kyon), Kenichi Suzumura (Kokuto Rikiya) and Miyu Irino as three friends being total bros.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Mon Jan 30, 2012 01:14

Tried watching Nichijoudan and other than the very last skit I wasn't really finding it funny. But comedy is like that; I have to admit I didn't like Gintama the first time I saw it either.

Other than that all I can say right now is Brave 10 isn't bad, even though it's blatantly targeted at the fujoshi and features yet another interpretation of the sengoku era. Bah, bring on the yaoi I am impervious to smut

IsshunSengeki
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:#HAMLORD
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, BlazBlue Chronophantasma
PSN:IsshunSengeki

Post by IsshunSengeki » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58

Anime that I have started watching but have yet to continue watching.
Seitokai no Ichizon: The introductory scene alone is funny as piss. Pop culture references ahoy. "We totally should have been a drama CD."
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko: "Electrice Wave Woman and Youthful Man". It's about a guy who moves in with relatives, and finds that one of the girls he lives with dresses in a futon and believes she is an alien.
Yep.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Feb 27, 2012 00:41

Sheba wrote:Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. Take a genre dominated by Cute Girls Doing Cute Things. Genderbend it with Dumb Guys Doing Dumb Things. What do you get? Cool Story Bro: the Anime. By the director of Gintama, and starring Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki, Kyon), Kenichi Suzumura (Kokuto Rikiya) and Miyu Irino as three friends being total bros.
I lol d very hard at this. You'll find it titled 'daily lives of high school boys' It's predictable, samey but I laughed, it's a win on the first episode!

Mirai nikki good!

Seitokai no ichizon was too unbelievable for me to like

Denpa onna and mawaru penguin drum is good for watching with the gf.

Baka to test is good!

got a nice stock pile of anime but will be back to check out your recommendations! Thanks to all!

Edit: sad.

http://abandonedfactory.wordpress.com/2 ... ansubbing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watched the first episode and was rather pleased. This appeals to my adult high brow anime needs. And it's amusing.

Going to have try watching it streamed. All torrents are dead. And it's not even licensed.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Apr 09, 2012 06:35

* This post is here solely to continue the long standing tradition of posting pictures that ST shouldn't be seeing during his work hours :lol: *

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia : It's about an 'invisible to everyone but one' ghost girl stalker (picture above) cornering & feeling up a pseudo-smart-looking lucky bastard. Well, not really, but the ghost part is accurate? Basically is about a guy that can see a ghost and tries to find out things about her past since it's interesting and no one else is cares enough to help. The story is simple and what not but the way it's told is pretty interesting; also the source material is clever on it's narrative and that's what makes me have hopes for the anime (for example, there are like 100 female characters and a single guy, however this isn't an harem, there it isn't even a love triangle, also there are virtually no panty shots nor clumsy nude scenes nor walking into someone changing and cheap stuff like that. As I said the author is a "clever" and tries to keep things fresh even though the formula that he is using is not new). The first episode is "hard to follow" because it's an episode where everyone is already together, the next episodes are going to show how the characters get related. I'm a big fan of the manga simply because when you look at a page you can tell that the mangaka worked on it for over 4 hours (it's like an oppai version of Miura *wink ), I don't hope for such magnificent visual representation and obsessive production values to translate into the anime, though; since anime has been about efficiency for a while now.

Uchuu kyodai. To some the big surprise of the season, but I knew from the start that this was going to be good. It's about some brothers that suddenly want to become astronauts. It's a lot more serious and interesting than what I make it sound :lol:

New Eureka Seven = Yes.

Umi no Nadia remastered = Yes.

Accel World : The novel bored me immensely and the only thing that kept me going was the possibility of the main female lead being a schemer and having an evil agenda where she was going to discard the gullible protagonist, that seemed cool, but in for about 150 pages that possibility was cleared up (I dropped the story a few pages later). The anime doesn't even spark that doubt and thus is an utterly simple story about brats fighting in a virtual MMORPG where everyone are friends and happy until the lose too many times in a row and then go to hell (as in, they are forced to drop the game permanently).

Someone told me that I was sure to like Sakamachi no Apollon and Hyou-ka . I'll check them up when they have more episodes.

Arashi ni Yoru ni : I'll check it out, I have a good feeling about this. It's about a wolf and a sheep that become friends and have to work together or something. It reminded me that fable about the scorpion and the frog and even though I'm not even sure that such fable has an english version I'm still having good hopes with this.

Saint Seiya Omega. I wasn't that interested in the 80s, and I'm much less interested now.

Sankerea : Some people compare it with Tasogare Otome x Amnesia due to (in their eyes) slightly similar premise, and that's highly insulting to Amenesia, of course, not only on the premise side but also on how the story unveils itself; this has all of the over used cliches about a teenager romantic comedy that you might want to watch and I don't.

Medaka Box: Don't go near it if you are older than 12, else your brain is going to end in that mental age after this.

There is also the things that everyone is supposed to be watching, like Rurouni Kenshin, Zetman, Fate & probably something good that I'm not mentioning.

edit : Lupin *xx
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Mon Apr 09, 2012 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

Edgey
One stock!
One stock!
A.K.A.:Testaminty Fresh
Currently Playing:Chrono Trigger.... AGAIN
PSN:edgey_berzerker

Post by Edgey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 22:24

I just finished watching the Persona 4 anime. Now I have to wait for the OVA to come out for the 'true' ending. Bastards. *shakes fist*

This anime made me cry to many times... AND I KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN ALSO! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?

D:

International Bastard
More power! ...62%
More power! ...62%

Post by International Bastard » Tue Apr 10, 2012 00:24

lol @ that, i just skipped an episode of one piece that i know ends nasty because if i didn't see it animated then maybe it kind of didn't happen.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Apr 10, 2012 16:44

Gintama is on hiatus again so I need some other way to justify my Crunchyroll subscription. Maybe I'll look into their archives.

Anti-K'
Neomaxxing
Currently Playing:JoJo All Star Battle, Vampire Savior
PSN:Anti-KDash

Post by Anti-K' » Tue Apr 10, 2012 22:07

Started watching Tiger & Bunny. I'm enjoying it so far. I also own the first volume of Madoka, which I should get around to watching soon.

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:For Great JUSTICE!
Currently Playing:KOF 13, Tekken 6
XBL:Vlad Draulea
PSN:NYCYakuzaKyo

Post by The Master » Fri May 04, 2012 02:57

watching Saint SeiyaΩ. loving it so far!

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Sat May 05, 2012 11:13

Just catching up on Fate/Zero. Oh what huge leaps of quality in contrast with Fate/Night.

Also, I'm loving the Mage/Servants in this series more. ^^

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Mon May 07, 2012 00:11

Yeah, Rider/Broskandar is the most epic character Ootsuka has played since Solid Snake.

0style
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:yours truly.
Currently Playing:your butt.
XBL:your xbox.
PSN:callsign_SERAPH

Post by 0style » Wed May 09, 2012 05:06

Finally this thread is useful to me. Since there's no Gintama at present I get my comedy fill by watching Danshi Koukou. (thanks Sheba & Gunsmith!) I totally loved the ep 1 bungaku shoujo mini-ep. Each sunset I try to say the same things to my woman and she tries to say the girl's part w/o cracking up.

Other than that I've been watching the new Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, Ranma 1/2, and Nadia, this past season.

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Wed May 09, 2012 08:17

Monpochi wrote:Also, I'm loving the Mage/Servants in this series more. ^^
What.

But FSN Caster was so moooe~ ;_;

No Anime to watch anymore, got Detroit Metal City from a friend and holy fuck it's as good as what Sheba once said it is (I think it was Sheba), same with Kamen no Maid Guy but the fan service is a little off-putting.

Also just recently finished The Daughter of Twenty Faces as well, surprising good for something that's relatively unknown.

Might pick up Spice and Wolf S2 (though the lack of main plot progression is a bit disheartening, it's like a show made up completely of fillers, this is assuming season 2 is exactly like season 1) and F/Z (though I'm not a big fan of Fate universe so I'm not particularly motivated).

Got any recommendations? Something short and not fan service-heavy? Could do with more stuff like Steins;Gate.

Oh and I also grabbed Kamfer and HOTD off a friend whilst leeching Spice and Wolf/Daughter of Twenty Faces as I was curious... holy fuck, people actually watch and enjoy these crap?

And hi stylu~ <:3