Post by Element_Pollo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 18:51

I played 2K first with a cousin.... he beat the crap out of me

Lupin
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

KOFKOFKOF

Post by Lupin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:08

I started playing "King of Fighters" thanks to my arcade having Fatal Fury in it. Good!

shidoni
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by shidoni » Fri May 26, 2006 17:30

MUGEN. My sister and I played as Rock and Terry, two against one ('cuz we weren't that great). Sis does a little research. "Did you know Terry's from a game called "Fatal Fury?" Snowball.

jigglysama
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by jigglysama » Sat May 27, 2006 02:09

In the beginning I wasn't a fan of figthing games (excluding Smash Bros, right), but one they my friends challenged me to a SvC Chaos match and I picked Kasumi... I enjoyed the gameplay a lot! Then they brought KOF 2002 and 2003, I liked 2003 better because at least in there I was able to perform a DM for the first time in my life. What a lame story, but is a good thing that in Costa Rica nobody plays KOF profesionally. :)

Daigo
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:My bomb is about to go off, let's do it.
Currently Playing:KOF2003, KOFXI, KOF MI 2, Aion, Neo Geo BC, Megaman 2
XBL:RollsOnShabbos
PSN:RollsOnShabbos

Post by Daigo » Tue May 30, 2006 14:56

all you kids rofls.'

im with vice and lupin, started playing waaaay back when all we had was Fatal Fury and AOF...and World heroes :kiss:

then when i saw KOF94 in an EGM i was like OMGWTFBBQ, i must play this. Pure love after that :D

ctrl+awesome
More power! ...34%
More power! ...34%

Post by ctrl+awesome » Tue May 30, 2006 18:46

Capcom vs SNK is what really started it for me. I'm a noob.

I still tihnk those were great games.

Kashi

Post by Kashi » Mon Oct 16, 2006 17:24

Well, when I bought PlayStation several years ago and the shop clerk give me 5 game CDs as bonus,, including KoF '99,,, At first glance, I love the cover's art work, and I'm no fan of ANY fighting game ><

Next thing I know, I sit there for hours trying to beat the last boss with kyo~~~~

VX
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:It's all a distant memory, now.
Currently Playing:Street Fighter Alpha 3

Post by VX » Sat Nov 25, 2006 21:48

Art of Fighting 2 was the first SNK related game I played.

As for KOF, I was given a (bootleg?) compilation GameBoy cart, which had KOF96 on it. I played it and found it to be extremely fun. The music was pretty good too.

So, from then one, I continued to play KOF games. But, I have to say, the GB version of KOF96 continues to be one of my favorites.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Dec 15, 2006 16:07

i played fatal fury and sf, and then every incarnation of each that followed. kof 94 was a big big big big event, we all travelled far to play it.

damn i'm old.

96 gb was the best! you should watch that combo vid...

K-Wave
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by K-Wave » Sun Mar 18, 2007 22:45

I first got KOF 95 on Saturn and was seriously impressed. After that, I got a PlayStation and unfortunately I never did find any KOF games for it.

Eventually KOF 2000 and 2001 got released on PS2 and I instantly got it. Been hooked on KOF since then and been making sure I get every game I can find by SNK.

teoyaomiqui
Is it a bot?

Post by teoyaomiqui » Fri Jul 13, 2007 05:40

I started playing KOF games in mexico way back when, guess Im oldschool, anyways the local arcade if u wana even call it that, was more of an ultra small corner store that had Fatal Fury, and so whenever my family would go to the big city I would go and play pretty much KOF games and all neogeo games, I didnt even know that there was a neogeo console! I was like holy crap! after the summer was over I had to return to the states and start school, as I grew older I just stop going to mexico and pretty much said farewell to SNK games in general until now, cant believe how much I've missed and am now discovering that people actually compete for money, my skills are not wat they use to be so Im having to relearn pretty much everythin all over again.

Greed Sever
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Greed Sever » Tue Apr 08, 2008 13:37

I started with Capcom vs. SNK just to play a new vs. game. Now all I play is KoF and I can barely stand most Capcom games anymore. :LOL:

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 14:36

Ah, now this brings back some fond memories. When I was about 10, I remembered sneaking into the local arcades to play SF2, but my first real introduction to an SNK game was with the original Fatal Fury in some obscure arcade of a sports club (I still remember the awesome 2v1 2 player mode). Then back in 1994 during a friend's birthday party, someone brought an AES console along and I had my first taste of Art of Fighting and Samurai Spirits 2 (which was one of my absolute favourites). Sometime in 1997, I started hitting the arcades after school, and had a friend teach me KOF'94, RBFF and SF Zero. After I got better at 94, I switched over to the (then) more expensive KOF'96 machine. At that time the arcade scene was pretty strong, so I would be playing every new KOF that came along every year, but the 98-99 years were the most memorable for me. I only started being able to hold my own in the arcades from 2k onwards, but I've enjoyed every KOF that I've played except 95, because the game retained the damage system of 94, but was way faster, yet not as responsive as 96 was.

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Thu May 01, 2008 07:33

I originally had only heard of Iori Yagami, but aside from that was completely oblivious to King of Fighters. I bought King of Fighters 2006, sucked horribly at it, and still up to day have not been able to unlock all the stages (only unlocked Grand Mosque and the Chinese one).

I seriously became addicted to the series when I first bought King of Fighters XI, which had "That one guy that I always thought looked phenomenally cool!" (Ash Crimson), and practically played the game until my thumb seriously (No, I mean it) bled due to over 23 hours of gameplay. I started out barelly even knowing how to do a simple move, or even a five string combo, and by the end of it, was actually sub-par! :D I can finally do a few of his good strings, as well as almost being able to do his infinite. I later bought King of Fighters 2002/2003 for the PS2, and played the crap out of Ash there too, and now finally am digging my hungry fangs into Regulation A, seeing my gorgeously 3-D rendered Ash do what he's good at - being his flamboyant, awesome, kickass self while torturing others with cool looking moves! :D

So in a nut-shell, King of Fighters XI was the first time I was actually truly into a KOF game, so you don't get more noob than me. :P