how did u start playin kof?

Chat about whatever
Haz
Is it a bot?

Post by Haz » Mon Aug 08, 2005 03:49

I used to play Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting a little bit.

Then I played CVS and chose the SNK characters a lot.

Got KOF 99 (alright, don't care for the back dash or the music), then 98, and 2002 on the DC. I hope XI is good.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 18:12

Seems like almost all of you started playing kof not to long ago. 99 to be exact. I've been playing kof since the first came out in 1994, I was 12 at the time and I have the fortune to played the game in the arcades throughout the years until 2000, when I finally came to this poorly skill,love for kof country that is United states. Before kof I was a street fighter 2 fan, I just love street fighter 2,at the time I used to play games like mortal kombat,art of fighting,fatal fury but street fighter was still the king, until king of fighters came out and booooooooommmmm!!!!!!. It was love at first sight. So many good things in this game, Great graphics, teams of 3, great music, great characteres(kyo was the shit,best character ever!!!) as well as the fatal fury,art of fighting, ikari team dudes, Great gameplay,backgrounds.
I just can't understand why this game isn't as popular here, I just can't understand it :x

atte: A guy from the SNK NEOGEO's major market and kof fan base, of course I'm talking about M.......E.......X........I.....C....O!

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Vice Vecta » Wed Aug 31, 2005 18:40

LOL, most of you started pretty late! :razz:

The first KOF I played was, actually, Fatal Fury (Garou Densetsu), which was the official KOF tournament made by Geese and whose champ was Mr. Kane. :P

As I've been always big fan of the FF and AoF series since 1992, I was always following up the new games, and one day, in an ad in the EGM, saw Yuri, King and Mai together and announcing KOF '94. Was love at first sight!! :awe:

The later, for about one month, I saw it in the arcades and well, got hooked up till the current time. a Die Hard Fan of KOF for more than 10 years! :smile:

DropDeadEd
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by DropDeadEd » Thu Sep 01, 2005 20:53

First game for me had to be Fatal Fury 2 :) Got to love that game.

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Archedgar » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13

Not that anyone cares but:

-Started in the general franchise since Fatal Fury 1.

-First KoF was KoF 94 in ... uhh 1994, briefly until 1995 and I have never stopped being a fan since then, except briefly in 98 when the GOD AWFUL KoF 98 was released, what a *huge* disappointment that was, huh?

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 06, 2005 18:32

Archedgar wrote:Not that anyone cares but:

-First KoF was KoF 94 in ... uhh 1994, briefly until 1995 and I have never stopped being a fan since then, except briefly in 98 when the GOD AWFUL KoF 98 was released, what a *huge* disappointment that was, huh?
Finally a person who complaints about kof 98 other than me :salute:

att: A guy from the SNK NEOGEO's major market and kof fan base, of course I'm talking about M.......E.......X........I.....C....O!

denieru
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Sempai
XBL:D3NIERU
PSN:DenSempai

Post by denieru » Tue Sep 06, 2005 19:15

Anonymous wrote:

att: A guy from the SNK NEOGEO's major market and kof fan base, of course I'm talking about M.......E.......X........I.....C....O!
Hey, are you FROM Mexico, or living in MExico right now?

-4n'Dant3-
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%

Post by -4n'Dant3- » Wed Sep 07, 2005 06:28

kof 95 on ps1. after that, every year seemed to be a massive improvement imo.... minus a few abusable combos by various characters. but then again, no game is perfect.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 08, 2005 17:17

denieru wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hey, are you FROM Mexico, or living in MExico right now?
I'm from Mexico but I'm living in california right now

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 06:34

I was always aware of SNK(in particular the fatal and SS series)but always prefered capcom to SNK games. It wasnt untill i bought KOF99 on clearnace for 9 bucks(i only had 20 bucks to kill..i figured i should get something)that i was inttoduced into the KOF games. In also being a huge fan of CVS2 when it first came out, i was curious about all the various SNK characters and there backrounds so i went on net and searched for a story faq and later became hooked to the KOF characters. Due to this i bought KOF 00/01 when it released and officially became hooked on the gameplay and thus finally became a fan.

Mole
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Mole » Fri Sep 23, 2005 00:40

Let's see, I played a little bit of Fatal Fury when it was at a Pizza Hut in my old hometown. However, after that, I hadn't really heard much else about SNK games until I saw King of Fighters 99 and tried it out. Later on, I met some friends who play fighters, and they got me into the series quite a bit. Now I play all the time, however, around here, there's certainly no arcade machines (that I know of), and it's hard to find other people who would be willing to play a match.

Mr1337
Charging...85%
Charging...85%
Currently Playing:Demigod (PC), Drakensang (PC), Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Location:In my secret volcano lair, plotting world domination.

Post by Mr1337 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 02:13

The first kof game I ever played was '99 at this pizza place near my home (the first neogeo game I played was SamSho 4). Scary enough, I still remember the first team I made (Athena, Chang, Choi, and Bao (I was only 11 when I picked Bao, I was an idiot back then)).

Wally Domey
Is it a bot?

Post by Wally Domey » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:33

I first played Fatal Fury 2, then KoF 94 and 95. Then I taked a break, and I decided to play again when KoF 98 came out. I never stop since that time.

B.W

Post by B.W » Sat Oct 01, 2005 06:35

My first time with KoF was "King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood" for the GBA. The characters were all unfamiliar to me at the time, but Iori caught my eye and he was the first character I played through the game with. Ever since then, I've been playing various KoF ROMS (I know it's illegal, but I can't find an arcade around here.)
Also, I ordered Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO for the Gamecube from amazon.com last week. It's still not here, and I'm highly anticipating it. >_>

Bear
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Bear » Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:01

Probably after I moved in 2k1. I started with 96, then 99, then 98. Nowadays, it's 2k2, 2k3, 2k, and XI.

Before that, KoF 95 when it was ported onto the PSone.

I did some Fatal Fury at the time and began to love Mai and Terry more than not.

The characters were different and the plot alone was cool. The usual "Tourney from a Hidden Evil" bit. Dem crazy japs.