Metal Slug Defense

Chat about whatever
Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%
Re: Metal Slug Defense

Post by Max » Thu Aug 28, 2014 23:43

Well, version 1.6.0 is here.

The free special unit (so far) is Issenmantaro, who, for all intents and purposes, is a red palette swap of Hyakutaro who kicks rather than shoot. His special is almost exactly the same as Andy's Hishoken from '96 - '97.

So basically, he has no range. He takes forever to charge his special, and it also takes forever to send him out again. He costs 100 AP.

I've only tried him a couple of times (I replaced Fat Tarma with him for now) and he has been rather underwhelming. Then again, these new stages aren't exactly easy.

There were some new units added to the store, apparently from MS4. However, I couldn't really check them out, because my game crashes the second the zombie scientist shows up in the screen. I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's a known issue.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Sep 02, 2014 03:02

Hmm, i havent had that issue with the crashing.

I was excited for the new character, but was disappointed with him in the end. Unless you playing low level on VS, there is really no use in keeping him.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Tue Sep 09, 2014 18:23

Yeah. I replaced him back for Fat Tarma after like 2 matches.

After going through the new worlds I'm completely convinced that my lineup needs a serious overhaul. It never occurred to me that I'm helpless against aerial units! Particularly Commanders. Then again I probably just suck.

Here's my current team:

- Sandbag
- Mars People
- Hopper Mecha
- Flying Tara
- Fat Tarma
- Ostrich Slug
- Abul Abbas
- Elephant Slug
- Allen O'Neil
- Morden

Plus every other free unit on standby. I still haven't used any medals, but I really don't want to make a mistake when using them, since I'm in no position to get more.

I know that I have to replace someone or something. The question is, which one?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Sep 16, 2014 01:09

After the latest update, Im finding a rapid change in how to start the matches. Im seeing a combination of
- scientist zombie + Clone Fio
- scientist zombie + Tar man
- Tar man + Claw unit
- zombie

Claw unit is OP IMO. Has high health and can take out most human units in one hit of its special. Incorporate that with zombie attacks and its pretty damn good in the beginning of the match. Clone Fio is being used because she is a cheaper alt to zombie marco and has lesser time to charge for her special, at the cost of lesser health.

I will need to invest in claw unit i think, cos my beginning team gets destroyed so easily. I know that Trevor, ralf have been nerfed a great deal.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Mon Oct 20, 2014 17:31

What would you say is the easiest way to get hidden treasure/POWs?

What I've been doing so far is to stall the enemy (which I hate doing) until I can release Morden, and then I have to protect him until he can use the Hi-Do to bomb the entire stage.

While this is effective, it is also highly inefficient; particularly in small stages (or God forbid that diagonal stage). Not to mention that my stage rankings have plummeted to Cs and Ds.

The other tactic that I've been trying is to place a Sandbag in front of my base, then wait for the enemy and then using Mars Mechas when they're close enough; until I can use the Elephant Slug. The problem with this is that in harder stages, the Mars Mecha doesn't replenish fast enough and I usually get overwhelmed.

By the way, is there an upper limit of things that can be gotten during a stage? I usually get up to 4 things, but during Emergency Stages I've been able to get 5.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:08

The units I use are samurai plane, slug copter, ralf, zombie marco, morden, slug elephant. They all have their uses but they worked the best for me.

hmm, ive gotten 6 or even 7 things but usually it consist of 1 or 2 pows only. I dont think there is an upper limit at all, but it coincidentally seems that whenever I got S rank on that stage, I get more stuff :/