Chat about whatever
Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne
Metal Slug Defense

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:29

Anyone else have this?

Since mission mode has specific setups and units to beat the stage, I've compiled vids on how to beat.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... jaSPK9ms7g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone else thoughts on the game?

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Re: Metal Slug Defense

Post by Max » Tue Jul 22, 2014 00:52

I've had it since the first day and I still love it.

I haven't dared to battle PvP since I haven't spent a single cent in the game; I'm afraid the in-game units just won't have a chance.

I currently have 760 unused medals (yeah, I'm kind of a picky buyer) and I don't know if I should just get some units or wait for another update.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Jul 22, 2014 03:01

woah! Wish i had that many medals to spend.

I think the Ikari team are worth it and definitely some of the bosses like jupiter king, iron nokana II and Giant Caterpillar.

Have you unlocked any from the stages? World 2 have some good ones too which I haven't got yet :(

With Wifi, if you play ranked, it goes with someone that similar in rank so it hasnt been too bad. But I have fought players that i think hack since they have all these units and like 2-10 wins :/ . Im waiting to get stage characters unlocked before going into ranked again, even tho i have 60 wins so far

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Tue Jul 22, 2014 03:20

Yeah. Usually, the units you can unlock after clearing an emergency/boss area are better than the ones the game just hands to you. Some are very tricky to use but surprisingly effective (the Martians come to mind).

Then again, the emergency/boss areas are considerably harder. I had to spend a lot of MSP in upgrading everything just to get past the first one. And then you have to rescue all the POWs… well, it's not pretty.

You get the Ostrich Slug on day 15, I believe. It's very fast, but it's not very powerful. You get the Elephant Slug on day 30, and it's very slow, but its special is great. Any small unit will literally get fried.

When I finish the recently added areas, I'm going to try the missions. Maybe something will convince me to buy it…

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Jul 22, 2014 13:38

Yeah I got all those, and done everything on world 1. I wish it had, (even just a small one) hints on how to get the P.O.W. Its really annoying on guessing on what to do.

Can't wait for the next update to drop!

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Wed Jul 23, 2014 01:49

As far as rescuing POWs goes, I'm pretty much convinced that it is completely, 100% random.

Seriously, one time I did poorly at a stage (I believe I got a C ranking) and I released 3 POWs simultaneously, while I've gotten 0 POWs rescued in missions I can get S rankings in a row.

It wasn't an issue back where missions used to cost ~20 AP, but when you're trying to rescue them on missions that cost ~60 AP per try, it becomes frustrating. Then again, for people who wish to spend money, the radars exist.

I've only used 1 free radar so far, and that was only because I was running out of time in one of the emergency missions and it was the very last one that I needed to unlock the unit.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:17

Yeah I believe its random too, but also I think it can be things like using certain units, not using a special ability, no deaths, human only, kill bases with slug etc. Just speculation but yeah I too had the same thing where I did poorly but still rescued a POW.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Mon Jul 28, 2014 17:27

Well, I'm done with all the stages.

Today I'll begin doing the missions. I'll stall for the next update and do only 1 mission per day.

I'm seriously considering using medals, but everything so far is either expensive or useless. Or maybe I'm just being too stingy. Ha ha.

Hopefully this will be fixed. They keep nerfing and buffing units on each update, so we'll see.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:34

So next update on august 6th for android. Ill get those mission up ASAP!

Yeah ture about the nerf and buffs. Sometimes you dont notice them unless you read the log of changes or something.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Fri Aug 08, 2014 17:28

So, the next update is live.

There are a few new units, but really, ~200 medals for an aerial unit that attacks only once and has a slow recharge? No thanks.

The sniper seems interesting, but I'm not buying anything yet. I've heard that the commander is overall useless. I haven't seen him in action yet, to be honest.

Do the new worlds, 3-5 and 3-6, have any unlockable units to pursue? If so, I'll put the daily missions on hold to complete those first.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Aug 09, 2014 22:54

This update is such a welcome as you now physically see the upgrades you get ingame and where you rescued P.O.W's. In saying that, it confirmation that they are hidden within the stage all this time rather than doing anything like "destroy base with slug" or " finish in set time" etc. Now when I play, I use ralf (cos his flame shot goes up) and usually most of the P.O.W's ive missed have been higher than normal firing range. I just unlocked Samurai plane and that seems to get most things too.

There isnt any new units to unlock in world 3. It still only has the "Day" boss unlocks.

Doing all the missions unlocks 15 medals.

2on2 is SOOOOOO much fun and so chaotic! takes awhile to get a game but if everyone has decent units, its just mayhem and so far really enjoyable. Basically both you and your partners units come out of the same base. There was one match where all of us waited until we had enough AP to send out +500AP units, then all of a sudden there was 4x giant catapillers, 2x jupiter kings, 4x allen o'neils and a heap of random ground units. That match basically went nearly to end of the time and we just won.

I wish they would now do something with the excess msp and I wouldnt mind using to exchange for medals, like 1000000 = 3 medals or something. I think thats fair, considering it takes awhile to build a million msp and would only help the players that are right at the end of the game. They should also use it for continues and not use medals for that, what a waste....

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Tue Aug 12, 2014 18:11

Yes. That would be the best.

I've currently so many MSP that having them as reward has become meaningless. I wish they would be more useful.

I really want to try 2vs2. It sounds really fun and different enough to the same old vs matches.

One thing I don't understand. Several people online seem to be enamoured with the Samurai Tanks (and with the Big Snail before the nerf). What's so special about it?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Aug 15, 2014 03:05

I have the samurai tank but not the snail. I find it you get 2 or 3 at once they are pretty tough to beat. Also their special is a 3x shot so a few of those can take out or do decent damage to most middle tier units. It cheap for its output too.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Wed Aug 20, 2014 18:26

I see. That's interesting.

I'm finished with all 20 missions. Now I'll go back to World 3 with my old line-up. It's been a while, so I might struggle for a bit.

I tried 2vs2 once but it gave me an error. I'll try again later.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Aug 26, 2014 00:34

Hmm, i never got an error at all on wifi. Only that it might take a while to connect to a match.

New update coming, cant wait!!

"Breaking news! A special unit character will be offered in the next update of "METAL SLUG DEFENSE" as the 2nd part of the 10 million download commemorative campaign! Stay tuned!"

Not sure if that means free, or to buy... And im not sure who it would be either.