King of Fighters Love Letter Series: A KOF Story Guide

Chat about whatever
Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
King of Fighters Love Letter Series: A KOF Story Guide

Post by Wry Guy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 09:23

This series was featured on the front page of the website so I felt it couldn't hurt to continue showing its progress off in the forums. Some of you may have read my KOF 97 entry for the King of Fighters Love Letter, which is basically a series where I speak fondly of SNK as a company while recapping the story and doing bios on the characters. The main thing I take pride in is the amount of research I put into the series. I haven't looked at a Wikipedia page for weeks while editing my series and rewriting it. I've only been referring to official information in any case possible so as to avoid mixing up facts and giving people the wrong idea about the KOF series.

Sources I've been using include the games themselves, old instruction manual excerpts, the official KOF website, character profile data, and on occasion wiki-entries that are supposed to contain translations of things like the Drama CDs. I just recently rewrote the KOF 94 entry of the series to bring it up to the same level of polish as the later entries. After rewriting the KOF 95 entry and making edits to the KOF 96 and 97 ones I'll consider the Orochi Saga portion of my series complete and move on to the NESTS saga. You can find all the entries as they currently are linked to the right on the page.

Just figured I'd show it off and ask around if anyone sees things wrong I can correct. If you can provide a source to back up the fact that I'm wrong I'll totally look into it. The storyguide made by K_Lantis on gamefaqs is something I've sent him an E-Mail about asking his sources already, but for now I'm not really trusting it. One correction to make myself, though. Gunsmith said the website was mine, but I just have a blog on the site. Destructoid.com is in no way my website. The biggest claim to fame I have on that site is a few of my articles have been promoted to the front page.
Last edited by Wry Guy on Sat Jan 30, 2010 08:09, edited 1 time in total.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Re: King of Fighters Love Letter Series: A KOF Story Guide

Post by PenPen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 03:56

Seems like the link's wrong. Could you fix that?

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 08:09

Figures my clip board would get to me at just the right time. Sure, I'll fix the link.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:22

I read the article and most of the things I see are pretty solid, but I think Lucky's originality was based on the NeoGeo basketball game Street Hoop. There was this talk of the USA sports team being inspired by their respective SNK sports games a loooong time ago but I don't know where or how Heavy D! and Brian came to be. But I think your Heavy D! information is pretty nice and it definitely puts some weight to how he came to be. Brian is just...generic.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:50

A double post but I see that you also made 95-97 as well. If you don't mind I'll have the links as below.

KOF95
KOF96
KOF97

All are great articles even though I do admit I read them really fast. But so far nothing I found to be missing, however I had to say that 96 is viewed as the KOF with the best music in general - a lot of characters' memorable tunes come from this game (eg. ESAKA? which gets reused ad infinum).

Will you be covering the NESTS saga? I'd say 99 and 2k's storyline would be more manageable but 2k1 is the one which didn't make sense to me at the least (except Igniz wants to be lovable).

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 21:37

I'm currently running a community tournament on Destructoid.com for King of Fighters 98. The idea is I write story articles for all the KOFs then help teach people how to play some SNK games because most people there never have. It's on its way to being done and I am currently doing a little preliminary research on KOF 99. I'm considering checking out some of the KOF 99 comic books to help get a grasp on the story, but all in all it looks like KOF 99 has a much simpler plot than I remembered. As for Lucky Glauber's origins it's possible that his roots are from older SNK games but it says right on SNK's website that he's inspired by the black guy from Game of Death: AKA the famous Basketball player who was a student of Bruce Lee's.

I'll go look into some of SNK's older sports titles like Street Hoop and see if I can find any links.

KOF 2001 is going to be a confusing one to cover: Mostly because it isn't even made by SNK and I don't know if it should be considered valid. I was one told that a lot of SNK staff was hired on for the games, or they might have had an old script lying around to use. I wonder if it will be possible at all to figure out if KOF 2001 ended like it was supposed to.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Jan 31, 2010 13:07

Brian is from Football Frenzy. KOF 94 was a combination of every SNK game they could think of.

Not sure about Heavy D though wikis say he's inspired by a rapper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_D_%26_the_Boyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I've never heard that before today)

Keep up the good work, I'll always post on the front page when you update!

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 00:26

Thanks, Gunsmith. I'm actually aware of the Heavy D Rapper thing. I even have a link to one of his songs in the KOF 94 article. As of right now I'm sprucing up my old articles and making the images prettier and updating the information. I'm just about finished polishing up the Orochi Saga. I'd appreciate you posting the series on the front page but I'd recommend you only put up the KOF 94 article for now. It's the only "complete" article. All the others are still being edited and re-written.

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 22:31

I'll be looking into all those old SNK sports games later. Just a little while ago I finished the new KOF 95 article. Mostly just has a little new information and a lot more polish. This is another one that you could consider "complete."

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Feb 13, 2010 16:11

Found this in my old files -it's the 97 drama cd translations by Chika!
Prologue

The curtains fo the KOF '96 tournament closed with an unexpecting event at the
finals match.
The reason for the "incident" was reported publicly as a terrorist movement,
and accidents that were caused by them, but the "who", the "why",
and the "where" (the supsect has run off to) were left unexplained.
However, despite the accident, "KOF '96" was thought of as a great success.
Later that year, with the help of the increasing boom of Martial Arts,
Many Large Companies and Enterprises showed great interest in sponsoring the
event.
This trend gradually covered the world,
and the announcement of "KOF '97" was made internationally the beginning of this
year.

Shortly after the announcement, many fighter flocked to the preliminary tournaments
held around the world.
Some fought for "fame and wealth", and others fought to "test their limits".
With many desires, fighters came to the KOF rings.
Through the growing multi media webs, Martial Arts fans all over the world watched this
international event.
And as the preliminary rounds progressed, several KOF arenas were created in several
countries.
Naturally, the expectations towards "KOF '97" became enormous, and this tournament,
like last year's,
Was expected to be a great excitement in everyone's eyes.

Which team will it be that will win
the King of Fighters and claim the glory?
And is an "accident" like last year's waiting in this tournament as well?
The world is watching, listening, feeling the heat of the King of Fighters.

The Hero Team

Benimaru Nikaidou, Kyo Kusanagi, Goro Daimon
This is the story on how the Hero Team ended up entering the KOF '97
Tournament.
I got the storyline directly from the KOF '97 Soundtrack CD, so I believe it's as
accurate as one can get.
Again, translations are all done by me.
ENJOY!

The Story

In the Judo dojo of Daimon. Folding his hand across his broad chest, Goro looked a the man
in front of him.

Goro: "Master...please raise you head from the floor."
man: "No, not until you say yes to my plea! Japan's Judo will corrupt at this rate without you.
Please! Come back to us. And
help the Japan Judo world!!"
Goro: "Master...!"

Goro tried to pull the man back to his feet, but he wouldn't dare to budge. Goro sat back
down with in deep thoughts.

Goro: "I understand..."
The man jerked his head back and looked into Goro's face.

man: "Really?"
Goro: "Though I left the Judo world because I felt limits in this fighting style, but I never
thought of Judo in a lesser way than
before. Without Judo, I wouldn't be here. If that Judo is in danger, I can't ignoer the pleas. I
don't know if I can be of great
assistance, but please let me help."
man: "Thank you...thank you very much, Daimon-kun!"

Goro: "But I have one favor."
man: "?...What is that?"
Goro: "I believe you are aware of this, but the King of Fighters tournaments begin tomorrow.
I don't want to finish anything
without starting, so this agreement we came to today will be after the tournaments, if that's
OK..."
man: "I knew you will say that. I know. Fight your best."
Goro: "Thank you very much, master."

At the docks. With no focus, Benimaru blankly stared into the horizon. He lighted a cigarette.
Turning the lighter on and off,
Benimaru watched the rapid flickering. His past slowly flashes back in the sparks.

Beni: "It's since that day that I've never won or lost against him..."

The shadow he saw in the sparks was of Kyo. The last brawl he had with him long ago. The
scene where Kyo knocked him
out...

Beni: "I've forgotten the fact that I was beaten by him for a while..."

A streak of smoke rose into the night.

Beni: "I can't stay as just buddies for ever...maybe we're at the crossroads, Kusanagi Kyo...."

Echoing breaths. Kyo assumes his fighting stance. He's fighting with someone...

Kyo: "Damn...!"

In the slight moves of his opponent, Kyo finds an opening.

Kyo: "I can win!"

Fire envelops his hand momentarily

Kyo: "Eat this!!"

Fire dances in the air. His fire dimishes as the shadow grows. The shadow merges with the
opponent, and surrounds Kyo.

Kyo: "K...! Ha....! .....!!!"

His body, Kyo's voice, Kyo's breath, all engulfed by the shadows around him. Only darkness
was in his vision. Shreiks
pounded in his ears. Kyo clasped his hands over his ears, but the sounds remained in his head.
A familiar sound...

Kyo: "This is....a crowd??"

His vision suddenly clears as the noise increase. A stadium. The words "KOF" in the
distance...

Kyo: "....!!"

Kyo suddenly wakes up in a pool of his sweat.

Kyo: "A dream? When did I fall asleep...?"
He glances at his desk. The King of Fighters invitation laid there.

Kyo: "King of Fighters...what am I to expect....?"

The dojo.
Goro folding his dogi.

The dock.
Benimaru throws the cigarette into the sea.

Kyo takes the invitation into his hand.

Kyo, Beni, Goro: "Tomorrow..."

END
The Garou (Hungry Wolf) Team

Joe Higashi, Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard
This is the story on how the Garou Team ended up entering the KOF '97
Tournament.
I got the storyline directly from the KOF '97 Soundtrack CD, so I believe it's as
accurate as one can get.
ENJOY!

The Story

The episode begins in an international flight to Japan. An overly excited Joe sat by Andy, who
looked distressed in contrast
to his companion.

Joe: "Hm? What's wrong, wearing that pathetic expression of yours..?"
Andy: "What's wrong, you ask...I'm fine. I have a reason for this trip called visiting my father's
grave. But what about you? Why
are you following me around with no reason?"
Joe: "What reason? Such cold words! Let's enter the King of Fighters together, pal!"
Andy: "Don't think so. Last time I saw you, you were buffing that you were gonna make a
single entry in the tournament to
show your 'superior skills' as I recall. What was that all about?"
Joe: "Well, well, that wasn't a lie, you see!? I wanted to do that. BUt in the world, things
don't always go as you plan, you
know? This time just happened to be such a situation. For me, what can I call it? Destiny?
Well, what ever. Anyway, I try not
to go up against such forces. But being a MAN like me, I just can't give up something before
even starting it. That wouldn't be
optimistic, don't you think?"

Andy sighed deeply.
Andy: "I agree with every little thing you say. That's fine with me. But how do you use that
'optimism' to come to the conclusion
that I have to team up with you again?"
Joe: "I can't enter the tournament without a team. A single entry is prohibited. But I want to
enter! With a feeling like that and
my optimism, such a conclusion was natural, you know? I'm not say you HAVE to fight...I'll
take care of them myself anyway.
But I need a team, don't you see?"
Andy: "I haven't said 'yes' yet! Neither has brother Terry. Besides...!!"
Covering Andy's babbling mouth, Joe started to fasten his seatbelt.
Andy: "Hey....Joe!"
Joe: "Be quiet. It's almost time for landing. Think of how much you're annoying the other
people."
Andy turned around. The other passengers all focused on the duo. Andy crouched in his seat
as if to hide and mumbled:
Andy: "Look who's talking..."

The cemetary. Terry kneeled in front of Jeff Bogard's grave and was praying. Footsteps
approached him, then stopped. A
familiar voice.
Mary: "What are you doing in such a place?"
Terry: "Oh, it's you...long time no see. What are you doing her youself?"
Mary: "Just passed by. When I looked this way, I saw a familiar face. So I came to say Hi.
Visiting someone?"
Terry: "Yeah, today's my dad's memorial day. When did you come over here? Work?"
Mary: "Last night. Today I came over here for a job."
Terry: "A job in Japan, huh? Being busy is good."
Mary: "Being busy, yes...well, not really."
Terry: "What? It the next assignment a little dangerous for you?"
Mary: "Maybe. Did you get this already?"

Mary handed Terry an envelope.
Terry: "'The King of Fighters'? No, mine hasn't got to me yet. You're entering?"
Mary: "Yes. But entering isn't my motive. My assignment this time is to envestigate one of my
teammates."
Terry: "Sounds pretty simple to me. So who is it?"
Mary: "You'll be suprised."
Terry: "?"
Mary: "Yamazaki Ryuji..."
Terry: "Yamazaki!? What the hell?"
Mary: "He's the type that's hard to locate, blending into any kind of society. Just thinking of
looking for such a target gives me a
headache. Then I got some info from my client that he might be entering the KOF with Billy."
Terry: "Billy!? You mean, Billy Kane?"
Mary: "Yes, Billy Kane. If that info's true, I figured it might be alot easier for me to carry out
the assignment being their
teammate."
Terry: "And they let you into the team?"
Mary: "Quite easily."
Terry: "Yamazaki and Billy, eh? Sounds fishy..."
Mary: "Yes, that's it! I can't get it either. It just doesn't sound right. I usually don't hold
interest in the client, but this time seems
to be an exception. I have a feeling that there's a big plan behind this. Like..."
Terry: "Geese!"

Mary silently nodded.
Terry: "Is Geese entering, too?"
Mary: "No, not this time. Maybe he's sending Billy into the tournament in his place?"
Terry: "And their motive?"
Mary: "I have no clue yet."
Terry: "If Geese's involved in this, maybe I should do my own investigating.... ?"

Mary wasn't there. Terry turned around to find her turning on the engine of her motorcycle.
Mary: "I think I'll watch them for a while until the tournament. Well, I guess, I'll see you at
the tournament?"
Terry: "Yeah, probably. Don't strain yourself in this one. He's dangerous, you know."
Mary: "Thanks. You too, don't lose in the preliminary rounds or something, OK?"

And so, Mary sped off on her motorcycle. Terry stood up to leave as well when he heard
more familiar voices.
Joe: "Ah! He~y! Terry!!"
Terry: "Joe!? What a suprise!"
Andy closed in on the running Joe.
Andy: "Brother! Don't listen to that fool!!"
The two finally arrive at Terry's side. Joe began to speak before Andy could catch his breath.
Joe: "Terry, let's go enter the KOF again!"
Andy: "No. You're motive's a bit too personal to involve us!"
Joe: "Don't be so bitchy, man! Mai won't like you anymore..."
Andy: "Don't talk about Mai at a time like this!"
Joe: "What do you say, Terry, bud??"
Andy: "Don't spoil him, bro!"

Terry: "I'm in with ya, Joe."
Joe, Andy: "Eh!?"
Terry: "The King of Fighters. Let's do it."
Joe: "Ossha! No wonder you're the 'big' bro, man!"
Andy: "What the....brother?"
Terry: "Don't fret, Andy. By the way, aren't you two hungry? Let's dine out at Paopao-Cafe.
I'll talk to you about the details
there...."
Joe: "Yoshi, let's go, let's go! Here, Andy, let's go!"
Andy: "These two are crazy..."

END

Return to Story Menu
Return to Main Menu

"Joe Higashi", "Terry Bogard", "Andy Bogard", "Blue Mary", "Mai Shiranui"
"Jeff Bogard", "Ryuji Yamazaki", "Billy Kane", "Geese Howard", and "the King of
Fighters '97" are products of SNK.
All Rights Reserved!!
The Fist of the Dragon and Tiger
(a.k.a "Art of Fighting") Team

Ryo Sakazaki, Yuri Sakazaki, Rpbert Garcia
This is the story on how the Ryouko no Ken Team ended up entering the KOF '97
Tournament.
I got the storyline directly from the KOF '97 Soundtrack CD,
so I believe it's as accurate as one can get.
ENJOY!

The Story

On a bright afternoon in SouthTown, Takuma was heading towards his Dojo.
Takuma: (There's so many people out here today....I think I'll go through the ally way...)
Then suddenly, and abrupt burst of "ki (an aura of energy emitted by fighters)" engulfed the
area, approaching him.
Takuma: (What the....this is undoubtly...the "ki" of death!)
Takuma carefully scanned the area, but couldn't distinguish the direction from where the "ki"
came from. The "ki" gradually
diminished.
Takuma: (So, he's receeding...)
When he was to loosen his tense conscience, another blow of bloody "ki" surrounded
Takuma.
Takuma: "Hmm!"
Takuma raised his fists into a fighting stance, unconsciencely. A man swiftly passes by
Takuma....the man from where the
deadly "ki" came from....
Takuma: "!!!"
Without the strength to move, Takuma stood there in his fighting pose. As if he was
hypnotized. When he regained his
conscience and looked towards the man, he just melted into the crowd.

Takuma: "I lost sight of him....who is he? I haven't seen a man with such a 'ki' in a long
time..."

The Kyokugen-Ryu Dojo. Robert parks his car by the enterance and walks towards the
building.
Robert: "Hmm...I think I should teach the students something for a change...nn? It's so quiet
in there. I wonder if they're not
here yet..."
The dojo, which usually bustles with the chatting of the students, was disturbingly quiet that
day. Without really wondering
further, Robert put his hand on the door to enter, when the Dojo sign next to him began to
creak.
Robert: "N? What was that?"
Just as Robert turned to see the sign, it shattered into dust and splinters.
Robert: "!!"
Robert burst into the Dojo hall. He was greeted by the distinct smell of blood. The students,
all wounded, lay on the floor.
Robert: "What is this!? What the hell happened!!?"
Robert shook one of the laying students. He wasn't dead, but there was no responce. Then,
Takuma enters.

Takuma: "!!! Robert! What happened!?"
Robert: "Master! Well...I have no idea...I just came, and they were all like this..."
Takuma: "Who in the world...! Wait, this smell!"
The image of the mysterious man loomed in Takuma's mind.
Takuma: "Can it be HIM!?"
Robert: 'Him'? Master, who are you talking about?"
Without responding to Robert's question, Takuma stood in deep thought...

A couple of days later at the Dojo. Ryo sat in front of Robert and Yuri, facing them.
Yuri: "Hey, brother, where's daddy?"
With his eyes closed, Ryo calmly answered.
Ryo: "He left the Dojo. This morning."
Robert: "Left the Dojo? Where'd he go?"
Ryo: "I don't know. I think he's going to look for the mystery man by himself."
Robert: "Alone? Ryo, so you heard that from Master, and just let him go?"
Yuri: "Yeah, that's mean that you didn't tell us before he left!"
Ryo finally opened his eyes.
Ryo: "I didn't let him go quietly. But you know how he is. But I did hear what we're supposed
to do next."
Robert: "What we need to do?"
Ryo: "Yes."

With that, Ryo handed them an envelope.
Yuri: "This is..."
Robert: "Invitations for the King of Fighters!"
Ryo: "That's right. The three of us that he left behind are to enter the tournament and win in
order to recover this disgrace.
That's father's orders for us."
Yuri: "Recover the pride of the Kyokugen-ryu Karate?"
Robert: "I see. But, I wonder if he's alright, Master's out there looking for God-knows-who,
right? Does he have any clue how
hard that is?"
Ryo: "He didn't tell me the details, but he said he saw a strange man before the incident. He's
probably checking out things in
the downtown area."
Yuri: "I hope he's OK..."
Ryo: "He'll be fine. It's our dad we're talking about. But we have to think about ourselves for
now. What do you say about the
entry?"
Yuri: "I don't mind."
Robert: "I'm fine with the idea too. Especially if it's the Master's orders!"

Ryo: "Yoshi, I'll repeat the plan one more time. Sakazaki Ryo, Robert Garcia, and Sakazaki
Yuri, under the orders of the
Kyokugen-Ryu Dojo Master Sakazaki Takuma, will enter the King of Fighters '97, will win,
and will show the world once
again the strength of Kyokugen-ryu karate. And during the period of Sakazaki Takuma's
absence, Sakazaki Ryo and Robert
Garcia will be appointed as Co-Masters of the Dojo. You understand!?"
Robert, Yuri: "Osu!!"

ENDRalf Jones, Leona, Clark Styll
This is the story on how the Ikari Team ended up entering the KOF '97
Tournament.
accurate as one can get.
ENJOY!

The Story

Ralf, Clark, and Leona are executing a top secret mission in the combat fields of an
anonymous country.

Ralf: "How much longer to the target location!?"
Clark: "30 more seconds."
Ralf: "How About Leona? Can we meet her in time?"
Clark: "I don't think that'll be a problem."
Ralf: "Just checking."
Leona stood alone at the appointed location, waiting for her team mates. She slowly examined
her environment.
Leona: "...!"
A boy lying by a crumbled home.
Leona: "There's still survivors...?"
Leona dashed to the boy, and held him in her arms.
Leona: "Are you OK?"
With diminishing breaths, the boy opened his glazed eyes. Looking at Leona, he shuddered in
fear.
boy: "N...No! Please...Don't kill me...!"
Leona: "!!!"
Leona suddenly felt her conscience blur. The boy's voice rung in her head.

"Please..don't kill me! Don't.Kill.Me!!"
The pitch of the voice began to distort. Leona grasped her head in confusion.
Leona: "KILL? Who...is....killing..who?"
Her blurring conscience finally stabalize. But, a different environment surrounded her. The
face of the "new" voice becomes
clearer.

voice: "Do...n't.....kill..us....LEONA!!"
A woman covered with warm blood jumps into Leona's focus.
Leona: "...! Mo, Mother!? Why...!!"
Leona felt the warmth of the blood through her thigh. Her view suddenly widens.
Leona: "Father...!!!"
Leona's father grasped her leg. He slowly opens his mouth, trying to speak.
Leona: "This can't be...!!"
A firm hand grasped Leona's shoulder. It was Goenitz.

Goenitz: "Now...kill your father like you did your mother, child..."
Leona: "No! It wasn't me!"
Goenitz: "But it is you. You KILLED them..."
Leona: "It's not me...this is all wrong..."
The warmth of the blood seeps into Leona's heart.
Goenitz: "It's not wrong! Look at yourself! Your hands!!"
Leona lifted her hands in front of her eyes. Bloody. And beyond her scarlet fingers laid her
limp father.
Leona: "Ah....aaaa...!"

Ralf and Clark rush into the opening, finding Leona standing blankly.
Ralf: "...? What is she standing there for?"
Clark: "Thing's aren't looking good behind us, sir!"
With a large BOOM, a cannon was fired in their direction.
Ralf: "Holy shit...! Leona, run!!"
The two men quicken their pace, but Leona remained inanimate.
Ralf: "Run, Leona! RUN!"
Leona finally looks up at the two rushing towards her. The battlefield she stood in. The
cannons booming in the distance.
Leona: "I....I...!"
Ralf: "LEONA-----!!!"
The last Leona remembers of the scene is Ralf jumping towards her, the approaching cannons.
Pain. And her conscience left
her again...
Heidern's office. The one-eyed man sat facing a window, his back towards Ralf. Ralf's right
hand was bandaged.
Heidern: "What do you want to talk to me in person about?"
Ralf: "Yes, sir. I would like to hear of the punishment we are to receive for our failure..."
Heidern slowly faces Ralf.
Heidern: "Failure? I know about the accident during your mission. But the mission itself was
complete...?"
Ralf: "As a result, yes, sir. But one of us has witnessed a death among a potential survivor.
This is too un-professional to be
called success, sir."
Heidern: "Hard on yourself as usual, eh? But the potential survivor you're talking about, his
body isn't found yet. Even with our
man power. Plus, the only witness to the survivor was Leona alone. And even her....well, I
see. And, what are you expecting
for your punishment?"
Ralf: "I would like to receive a temporary detension, sir."
Heidern: "Does that mean...?"
Ralf: "It means what ever you would like to think of it, sir."
Heidern: "....I see...but under one condition. The detension will be effective on you unit, not
you alone. If you can tolerate that, I
will grant you that for your punishment."
Ralf: "As a group responsibility, sir?"
Heidern: "That's right. I will tell you the span of time the detension will be effective later."
Ralf: "Thank you, sir!"
After a swift bow, Ralf exited the office. Heidern slowly turned back to face the window.
Heidern: "Hmph, you don't think I can't read your mind, Ralf?"
He pulls out an envelope from a drawer.
Heidern: "The King of Fighters, eh...?"
Ralf approaches a conference room, while Clark, leaning against the wall, sees him.
Clark: "How'd it go, Sargent?"
Ralf started to take the fake bandage off.
Ralf: "Great."
Clark: "That's good...bur are you sure you wanna do this? Why are wer going to enter the
KOF tournaments without
permission anyway?"
Ralf: "It'll be good rehab for Leona."
Clark: "Rehab? For Leona? You think so much of her, Sarge..."
Ralf: "Dont' get me wrong. If she keeps on zoning out like that, I will really lose my arms
pretty soon. That, I don't want. That's
all."
Clark: "That's all...sure..."
Ralf: "What?"
Clark: "Nothing...."
Clark couldn't help smiling at his boss.

They enter the conference room, where Leona waited them.
Ralf: "I recieved our punishment from the Boss. We're off duty as a unit."
Leona: "I see..."
Ralf: "But! That doesn't mean we're gonna sit around the whole time. I've decided our
personal project during the detension."
Clark: "He says we're entering the King of Fighters tournament."
Leona: "....?"
Ralf: "I don't want to get toned down from the detension, you know. Clark, show her the
documents."
Leona opens the manilla envelope.
Ralf: "It's the data of the fighters that are entering this year. We're not on there yet, but we
received an invitation."
She skims through the papers. Her eyes stop at a young boy that she's never seen before.
Leona: "Who's this?"
Clark: "Ah, a new face, indeed. And he's still a kid...are you interested?"
The face of the boy int he battlefield appeared in Leona's mind for a moment.
Leona: "...No, it's nothing..."
Ralf: "We don't have time to waste, so we'll depart right away. Is that clear?"
Clark: "Yes, sir!"
Ralf looks into Leona's face, who was in deep thoughts.
Ralf: "Leona? You got that?"
Leona: "Yes, sir."
Leona answered as if nothing happened. Ralf looked at Clark and shrugged.

ENDKing, Mai Shiranui, Chizuru Kagura
This is the story on how the New Heroine Team ended up entering the KOF '97
Tournament.
accurate as one can get.
ENJOY!

The Story

On the TV at Illusion, King's bar in England, Chizuru Kagura was having a conference with
the media.

Chizuru: "...I believe many of you are already aware of this through the mass media, but I
would like to announce, formally, that
the King of Fighters '97 will be held."
reporter: "How large do you expect the tournament to be?"
Chizuru: "The tourament itself will be a lot larger than last year's."
reporter: "If the scale of the event becomes larger, I think it might be more difficult to react to
accidents like that of last year's,
but do you have any plans to solve that?"
Chizuru: "We are thinking of reinforcing the security for safety."
reporter: "Didn't Miss Kagura enter the Final rounds of the last tournament? People are saying
you might enter this tournament
as well, but do you have any plans?"
reporter: "And the reason of your entering is?"
Chizuru: "Well, I am a Martial Artist myself, and I wanted to test my limits."
reporter: "You've mentioned that you haven't decided on team mates yet. Do you have any
idea?"
Chizuru: "Yes, I can't say any names yet, but I'm thinking of asking some fighters that are
quite famous..."

King: "Hmm...so Kagura's entering too...well, this has got nothing to do with me.."
King was watching the TV from the counter. Sally, one of the waitresses, came up to King
with an envelope in hand.
Sally: "Miss King, here's a letter for you. Here."
King: "Ah, thanks."
The airmail letter for King was from "Mai Shiranui".
King: "A letter from Mai? I wonder what it could be..."
King carefully opened the envelope.
King: "A plane ticket?"
There was a letter and a plane ticket to Japan in the envelope. The letter read "I need to talk
to you abou the KOF. Please
meet me in Japan."
King: "...This is strange. Oh, well, I need to talk to her anyway..."

A few days later, King was in Japan. The tiny map that was included in the letter led her to a
small coffee shop. She saw
Mai waiting for her in the window.
Mai: "Ah, long time no see, King."
King: "It's been a while."
Mai: "By the way, was it OK to leave your bar?"
King: "Yeah, I left the store up to Sally and Elizabeth."
Mai: "The twin waitresses. Really. Anyway, about the KOF...I don' think I can get another
member."
King: "What about Kasumi?"
Mai: "I tried to contact Kasumi-chan, but it seems that she went out again to look for her
father."
King: "Huh, really..."
Mai: "Yuri-chan's teaming up with someone else again, and I tried some other poeple, but they
all declined."
King: "I see."
Mai: "So I decided not to enter the tournament this year."
King: "It's suprising to see you give up. You're so enthusiastic about this stuff."
Mai: "I do want to enter. But I can't find any team mates. Andy's gonna team up as the three
stooges again, so I'll go watch
them."
King: "I see. That was good timing for me, though. I was thinking of retiring from the KOF
rings this year too."
Mai: "Really?"
King: "As a matter of fact, I had a plan to take a vacation this summer to travel with Jean. I've
never taken him out, come to
think of it. And because of all the publicity from last year's tournament, my store's been pretty
busy lately, you know? Even
though he's well now, I haven't spent time with him that much, so..."
Mai: "I understand...Jean must be excited."
King: "Well, I haven't told him yet. I'm still thinking about it."
Mai: "Okay...but if our decision was gonna be this quick, maybe we should've just talked on
the phone about it."
King: "Yeah. Sorry to have you send a plane ticket for this."
Mai: "Wha? Ticket? What are you talking about??"
King: "It was in the letter you sent me."
Mai: "Letter? I got one from you, but.."
King: "I haven't sent a letter..."
Voice: "I was the one to send the letter."
King,Mai: "!?"

King and Mary turned towards the direction of the voice to find the woman who was
surrounded by reporters a few days
ago.
Voice: "Long time no see, Miss King, Miss Shiranui."
King: "Kagura...Chizuru...I see now. So that's what it is..."
King showed Mai the letter she received in England.
Mai: "This is..."
King: "A flight ticket to Japan was enclosed with the letter...I knew something was wrong. I
suspect you got something like this
too from 'me' too, Mai?"
Mai: "Yes. I though this was unusual, too."
Chizuru: "I'm sorry. I thought you two wouldn't come if I did something else."
Mai: "Well, last tournament was kind of a chaos..."
King: "If I saw your name on the letter instead of Mai's, I agree that I might've not come. I
don't want to get involved in another
confusion like that again. But nonetheless, we're here with you...it's about that conference on
TV, right?"
Mai: "Ah, about the team mates?"
Chizuru: "Yes it is. I've seen your strengths from the last tournament and want to have you
two as team mates. Please, will you
enter the KOF with me?"
Mai: "Hmm....well...I don't care, sure. What about you, King?"

Being asked the expected question, King thought deeply.
King: "...Can you ask someone else? I do want to enter with you two, but I want to spend
time with Jean this year."
Mai: "If King's not entering, I'm not entering too."
King: "Mai..."
Chizuru: "I understand...I was going to prepare 4 tickets for our travelling during the matches,
but..."
King: "4?"
Chizuru: "Us, and for your younger brother."
King: "For Jean?"
Mai: "Oh, I see. You can travel the world with Jean while participating in the tournament!"
King: "But...I'm not sure if Jean would be happy of seeing me fighting..."
Mai: "Of course he would. Didn't he tell you that he felt pride in having such a strong sister?
Then, I think he will be happy
actually seeing you fight."
Chizuru: "Would you enter the tournament with me, Miss King?"
King: "......."
Mai: "King..."
King: "Ok, ok, I'll enter. But I hope we win a lot so I can show Jean the world."
Mai: "Leave it up to us! With a team like this, we're sure to win!"
King: "Yeah...well, Chizuru, let's fight our best together."
Mai: "We can do it together."
Chizuru: "Yes, let's do our best, as fighters.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Feb 13, 2010 16:12

The Bizzare Korean Team

Choi Bonge, Kim Kapphan,Chan Kohan
This is the story on how the Korean Team ended up entering the KOF '97
Tournament.
accurate as one can get.
ENJOY!

The Story

Chan: ".........yeah, Mista Kim's a real good guy. He thinks seriously of guys like us..."
Choi: "Yes, yes. It's hard to find men like Mista Kim these days..."

In front of a TV camera, the massive Chan and petit Choi seemed uncharacteristically tense.
Behind the camera stood their
master.

What happened to them after last year's tournament is as follows. Kim decided that they
haven't been taught well enough,
and the light of freedom quickly diminished into the distance for the two convicts.
And one day while they were going through their daily training, the story begins.

Choi: "Fu...how long has it been since we came here, Mista Chan?"
Chan: "I remember you saying that last year, too, Choi..."
Chan, Choi: "Fu~...."

The two sighed heavily while going through the hard training menu they have been repeatedly
practiced this past few years.

Choi: "First of all, this is all because of you, Mista Chan...if you didn't say that right before we
were free..."

Chan: "I didn't think Kim would hear us, and you agreed and laughed with me, too!"
Choi: "That was..."
Kim: "Hey, quit babbling, you two, and do your training! ....I'm sorry, and where were we...?"

Kim was talking with an unfamiliar man while his students toiled.

Chan: "Who's that dude talkin' with Kim anyway?"
Choi: "I have no idea."
Chan: "It's so unusual to have visitors around, ya know..."
Choi: "Yes it is."

The two resumed their work out thinking the conversation between the man and their master
has nothing to do with them.
But Kim called out to them unexpectedly.

Kim: "Hey, Chan, Choi, come here for a minute!"
Chan: "Wha..?"
Choi: "What?"
Having no idea why they were summoned, the students ran to Kim's side.

Chan: "What is it, Mista Kim?"
Choi: "What is it??"
Kim: "Let me introduce you to our visitor. He's from the national TV studios."

The man bowed lightly to the two puzzled students.

Chan, Choi: "?"
man: "Nice to meet you. I assume you're Mister Chan and Mister Choi?"
Chan, Choi: "Uh, yeah..."
man: "We examined you two, who entered the King of Fighters arena as the warriors of our
country and showing the strength
of Tae Kwon Do to the world. we were thinking of doing a documentary program on
'Reform', and with the help of Mister
Kim here, we are going to tape and document you two for the next two months for a TV
show."
Chan, Choi: "Wha...WHA~~~~T!?"
Kim: "I thought of declining to offer too, but he has convinced me that perhapse by being on
national TV, we might possitively
infuence the people by setting an example. I can also show how magnificent Tae Kwon Do is
at the same time."

Chan: "But Mista Kim...."
Kim: "Hm!?"

Chan tried to debate, but was greeted only by Kim's glare.

Choi: "No matter what we protest, there's no use."
Chan: "But.."
Choi: "If Mista Kim gets in a bad mood, it's hard to work with him, you know..."
Kim: "What are you two mumbling about?"
Choi: "No, nothing, sir."

Kim: "Also, the King of Fighters will be held this year again, and because of the nature of the
TV program, we will be entering."
Chan, Choi: "Huh..."

As if they gave up, the two was no longer suprised at anything.

man: "As the result of your training, we would like to tape your matches in the tournament."
Kim: "So that's the story. Try not to be rude to them, alright?"
Chan, Choi: "Y, yes sir."

And so, this strange trio was surrounded by TV staff personnel now.

Kim: "Yes, that's right. There's no person that's evil from the beginning. That's what I want
people to understand...."
After the brief interview of Chan and Choi, Kim took their place, and now is making a
passionate speech about his
phylosophy.
Chan and Choi, by this time, were sitting a distance away, in the corner of the room.
Choi: "Hey, Mista Chan, I've been thinkin' about this for a while, but this might be our
chance."
Chan: "Which means?"
Choi: "Even Mista Kim wouldn't be able to say 'I couldn't reform them' after being on TV."
Chan: "Yeah?"
Choi: "Plus, if we actually win the King of Fighters..."
Chan: "If we win, we can get our freedom for sure."
Choi: "Well, that's the normal solution that people will come up with. Plus, since we're
'reformed', we have the bonus of walking
in broad day light without disgrace."
Chan: "Hmm...but ya know, we can't do bad things if that happens..."
Choi: "So, this is what I came up. After winning, we'll tell Mista Kim that 'we need some
money to start fresh', and get all the
prize money. And with that money, we can get out to another country."
Chan: "Havin' fun internationally, huh?"
Choi: "Yup. Of course, this is under the assumption that he doesn't find out, but..."
Chan: "I know. I'll never mess up again."
Choi: "And if things get a little too messy in one country, we can alway go to the next. It'll be
a bit hard to catch us like that."
Chan: "I see. And we'll NEVER have to see Kim's face again!"
Chan, Choi: "Hmm...fufufufufu..."

It seems like Kim has finished his speech, and the staff were bustling.

Kim: "Hey, Chan, Choi! We'll begin our training now, so get ready and come over here!"
Chan: "Mista Kim's callin' us."
Choi: "Then, let's do our best!"
Chan: "Yeah, until we win!"

Leona answered as if nothing happened. Ralf looked at Clark and shrugged.

END
Ryuji Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Billy Kane
This is the story on how the '97 Special Team ended up entering the KOF '97
Tournament.
accurate as one can get.
ENJOY!

The Story

The story begins at Geese Tower, where South Town could be seen in 1 view. Geese stared
out the window that pictured
the familiar landscape, sitting deeply in his chair. Knocks interupted his meditation.

Geese: "Come in."
Billy: "Yes, sir."

Geese slowly turned towards Billy Kane, who walked in.

Billy: "Did you call for me, sir?"
Geese pulled out an envelope from his desk and threw it to Billy.
Geese: "Read this."
Billy examined the content.
Billy: "Hmm, so there's gonna be another King of Fighters this year, I see."
Geese: "So it is. Though there was some 'accidents' during the finals of the last tournament,
the KOF did end in success. I see
the sponsors want the 'nectar' that came with the tournament again."
Billy: "You're entering, sir?"
Geese: "I'm thinking of declining this time. I'm not that bored, you know."
Billy: "Then..."
Geese: "I think you've figured things out by now. I want you to enter the King of Fighters in
my place this year. There's a man
I'm interested among the contestants..."
Billy: "Of course, sir. I will gladly accept this offer. And, the man is? Terry Bogard?"
Geese: "No. It's Iori Yagami. To be more accurate, I'm interested in the powers that lie within
him."

The painful flashbacks sparked in Billy's mind. He barely manages to kill his burning hatred
from showing.
Billy: "Yagami....Iori! But the power he possesses is that of the Orochi....and a very abnormal
one! Why be interested in such a
thing now? I though you've given up on the Orochi powers."
Geese: "The power he possess, it may be said it's abnormal. But the strength he showed in his
lunacy last year, that surpasses
the Orochi power I've been looking for! The man that openly accepts the overwhelming power
of the Orochi...he might be of
some use."
Billy: "Because of his mixed blood...I understand now. But I hope you understand the little
grudge I have against that bastard.
Did you have that in mind when you assigned this mission to me? If that's so...I'll kill him."
Geese: "Do as you like. If he dies here, that's all he was worth in the first place."
Billy: "Thank you sir. And who shall I team up with?"
Geese's eyes gleamed at Billy.

Geese: "The first one is Yamazaki Ryuji. The other will be Blue Mary."
Billy: "Yamazaki and Blue Mary? That's kind of...."
Geese: "I have some interests in Yamazaki, too...but you don't have to worry about him. I've
told Blue Mary to do that part
through a dummy company. She'll do the dirty work for you. All you have to do is
concentrate on Yagami."
Billy: "What does Yamazaki interests you for...?"
Geese: "Hmph, you'll see when you meet him. We know where he is now. Before you leave,
ask Hopper for the details."
Billy: "Yes, sir. I'm on my way..."
With that, Billy exited the room. Geese shifted his focus back to the window.
Geese: "This tournament's gonna be interesting, too..."

The scene shifts to a Dojo. A man stood at the center of the building, surrounded by men in
the Dogi uniforms. Billy calmly
watched them from outside.

Billy: (They've started already..)
At once, the men rushed towards the mand at the center.
Billy: (That's not good...with moves like that, they'll fall into the trap...)
Two of the men are tossed into the air.
Billy: (Of the Serpent Keeper, that is...)
Painful sounds fill the room. The dogi-men are piled into a stack as the man that was at the
center emerges unharmed.
Billy: (Yamazaki Ryuji, eh? I still don't know what attracts Master Geese's attention to him.)
Billy Stared hard at the pimp. A man pulls himself from the pile, and jumped onto Yamazaki.
man: "What is your purpose for this assault...wha!??"
A grin crawled from Yamazaki's lips. A knife was drilled into the man's torso. Billy silently
watched.
Billy: (No matter how I look at him, he's just an abnoxious punk!)
man: "...that's..un.fair...."
Yamazaki continued to smile with glee.
Yamazaki: "Unfair? Hey, we're not playing sports, ya know. I was in for a brawl from the
beginning..."
Yamazaki twisted the knife to drive it further into the man's body. The man moaned under his
breath.
Yamazaki: "....game over."

The man collapsed to the floor. Yamazaki clicked the blade back into the handle, and shoved
the knife back into his jacket.
He suddenly feels someone entering the Dojo.
Yamazaki: "Well, if it isn't one of Geese's dogs! What do you want?"
Billy: "Seems like you had a party in here. You must be pretty bored or something."
Yamazaki: "I have no idea what you're talkin' about. Are you saying you wanna be like this
too?"
Billy: "Ha! Don't be joking around, chap! Me, losing to you? THAT will never happen.
Wanna bet on it?"
Yamazaki: "So you're really here to pick a fight with me?"
Billy: "Well, just listen to me then. I'm not here for a good ol' brawl. It's business I'm here
for."
Yamazaki: "Business? With you?"
Billy: "You've heard about the King of Fighters. Enter it and win. That's all."
Yamazaki: "King of Fighters? Hmph, that fighting tournament for wimps? Not interested, pal.
Go ask someone el..!?"

Something tangled around Yamazaki's legs. The man, covered in his own blood, was grabbing
Yamazaki. Yamazaki's face
twisted into a cruel smile.
Yamazaki: "Hahaha....That's.what.I.like.in.a.fight!!"
A spray of blood splashed the room the next moment. Yamazaki howled with laughter,
seemingly on the ferge of insanity. A
cols sensation crawled down Billy's spine.
Billy: (What!? A "ki" that I've never felt from Yamazaki before!?)
The lines of Geese ring in his head.
Geese:"Hmph, you'll see when you meet him...."
Billy: (Now I see...!)
Yamazaki: "How much is it."
Billy was caugh off guard by Yamazaki's sudden reply.
Billy: "Huh?"
Yamazaki: "How much is this job of yours? I've changed my mind...I'll enter the KOF!"
Billy: "Double the amount of the prize money."
Yamazaki: "You've got a deal. Just don't forget it..."

Yamazaki leaves the Dojo. A woman entered the room as Billy stood in thoughts.
Mary: "Sound like fun. Mind if I join?"
Billy: "You. What are you up to?"
Mary: "Nothing...just had my net out to see if I could kill time..."
Billy: "And we got caught in that net, I see?"
Mary: "That's right."
Billy: "Hmph, why not. Now there's three, and we can be eligible for the entry anyway. Do as
you please..."
Billy walked towards the doorway. Mary whispered into his ear as he walked passed her.
Mary: "Thanks. I'll do that."
As Billy came to the streets, a car stopped in front of him. The door opened, and Billy slid
into the car. Sitting on the velvet
rear seat, Billy closed his eyes.
Billy: "Hmph, all is going well. I can't believe this...I'm getting excited! Wait for me, Yagami.
I'll get you, no matter what!!"

Back at the Dojo. Mary stared at the pile of men.
Mary: "Quite impressive....any how, I've made contact with the target. But something's
strange about this assignment. I think I
should check out the client before Yamazaki...!"

END

Return to Story Menu
Return to Main Menu
The Story

The scene opens at a Live House. A group of youths are practicing their instruments. During
the intermission of the song, the
tallest man's guitar solo comes to a climax. Then suddenly, he abruptly stops his guitar.

Yashiro: "Stop, stop."

"Not again," one of the band members whispered, and some of them walk off the stage. After
watching them walk out the
door, a boy fixes his eyes on Yashiro.

Chris: "I thought that was pretty good. But I guess YOU didn't like it...Argh!"

A girl walks up from behind, and scrunches Chris' soft hair.

Shermie: "Something's missing. Right, leader?"

Without answering to Shermie's sarcastic question, Yashiro sits heavily on the counter.

Chris: "I don't understand what's missing. That was decent."
Shermie: "If you only consider the song, yes. But I don't that's what is bothering him."
Chris: "Something else?"
Shermie: "Don't you remember? You know, a couple of days ago..."
Chris: "A couple of days ago??"
Shermie: "About the other Live House..."
Chris: "Ah, that they cancelled our performance?"
Shermie: "Yeah. He's acting pretty strangely since that. I've heard that it's possible that when
similar-style bands come to book
for a date close to each other, the place'll take the one that's more well known. But being
ousted out by the same band so often
as this? This is strange."
Chris: "Uh, what was his name? That..."
Shermie: "Yeah, I forgot the name too, the one with the red hair..."
Chris: "Uh-huh, something like that. But we do't have tow months 'til our Live Concert."
Shermie: "Yes, you're right."

Sitting on the counter next to Yashiro, who's staring into space, Shermie turns on the TV. A
commercial for the King of
Fighters Tournament comes to the screen.

Shermie: "K.O.F? King of Fighters..."

Shifting his attention to the TV, Yashiro looks up.

Yashiro: "What's this?"
Shermie: "I have no clue. Hey, what's this?"

Shermie passes the question to Chris, who is now scarffing down some ice cream. Without
looking up at the two, Chris
continues at the ice cream.

Chris: "I heard it's a Martial Arts tournament. They had the preliminary rounds on last week."
Yashiro: "So, can anyone enter this Martial Arts tournament?"
Chris: "I guess whoever is confident enough can..."
Yashiro: "Really...!"

The introduction to each of the entering fighters begin. Kusanagi Kyo, and then a young man
with red hair appears on the
screen.

Shermie: "!..Hey, Chris!"

Chris approaches the counter with his pint of ice cream.

Chris: "Ah, it's him! Heh, he's entering the tournament, too."
Shermie: "I wonder if it's really him?"
Chris: "I guess so. There's not that many of one of these. (gesturing at the man on the screen)"

Glaring at the TV, Yashiro bites his finger nail.

Yashiro: "So there's that bastard!"
Shermie: "Guess he's more than just a band member. Really, you can't judge a person by his
looks!"
Yashiro: "...Let's enter this."
ChrisShermie: "Huh?"
Yashiro: "Well, I thought we could enter."
Shermie: "Enter? THIS??"
Yashiro: "Sure, it sound...fun. Let's enter this tournament."
Shermie: "Are you serious?"

With a confused expression, Shermie stared at Yashiro.

Yashiro: "Dead serious. I'm gonna give back all the humiliation we've experienced to him at
the tournament."

Realizing what's on his mind, Shermie's confused face is now caked with an enlightened smile.

Shermie: "This...might actually be fun."
Chris: "Yeah, but the preliminaries are over now. We can't."

"That's right", Shermie thinks as she shrugs. Staring hard at the monitor, Yashiro slowly
speaks.

Yashiro: "I have a plan."

Again confused, Shermie looks at Chris for an explaination. Chris shrugs with no answer to
her.
The story moves to the Slums of America. Yashiro is facing a man in an alleyway, towered by
brick walls. It seems to have
been quite a while since this brawl began, but contrary to Yashiro, who is standing casually,
the man has fallen to his knees.
Behind them, Shermie and Chris lean on the walls, watching them.

Chris: "So how'd it go?"
Shermie: "He was kind of scary looking, but...it went pretty good. But who would think of
fighting against a seed-team to get
the invitations, anyway?"
Chris: "Once he says it, there's no way for us to talk him out, you know."
Shermie: "I can't believe him!"
Chris: "But, you though it would be fun, too. Didn't you, Shermie?"
Shermie: "You talk like you know what you're talking about, kid. ...They're almost done."

The man finally stands up. Yashiro stares calmly at him.

Yashiro: "You've had enough...I'll count to 3. Leave your invitation and get out of here."
man: "...why you..."
Yashiro: "One."

Glancing at each other, Chris and Shermie starts giggling.

Yashiro: "Two."

Unfolding his arms from his chest, Yashiro stares down at the man with chilling eyes. The man
cringes.

man: (Come on! I still have a trick up my sleeve...)
Yashiro: "Three!"

Watching Yashiro dashing towards him, the man moves into his special technique gesture.

man: "I got you now! Hellbou...what!?"

Yashiro was already only a couple of feet away from the man. With a crooked smile, he dove
into the the man's chest. The
world seemed to spin around him as Yashiro flung the man high with one hand, efortlessly.

Yashiro: "I can't believe you were actually entering that tournament with pathetic techniques
like that. I guess that was literally
luck."
man: "Who the hell...are you!?"
Yashiro: "Nanakase Style Bushinkan Karate, Nanakase Yashiro. It's not gonna be Kusanagi or
Bogard or Kyokugen-Style
that's gonna prove true strength at this year's King of Fighters. Nanakase Yashiro, it's gonna
be me."
man: "Nanakase..Yashi..ro..."

The man is tossed into the air. He doesn't seem he can get up. Slowly picking up the KOF
invitation on the ground, Yashiro
turns to Chris and Shermie.

Yashiro: "When did you come?"
Shermie: "A minute ago. But you really do thing the hard way, don't you. I can't believe we're
doing this!"
Yashiro: "You know me."
Shermie: "But why America? We could've done this in Japan, you know?"
Yashiro: "If I'm gonna pulverize him anyway, I though I should do in with style.
Internationally. The reason I chose this block is
simply because the fighters here were weak to diserve the invitation. That's all. By the way,
how'd you two do?"

The two pulled out the KOF invitations from their pockets and waved it at him.

Chris: "Now we have all 3."

Yashiro smiled, and started to walk out of the alley. Chris follows.

Shermie: "Hey!"
Yashiro: "?"
Shermie: "Is that Nanakase Style Bushinkan Karate stuff true?"

Yashiro winked and stuck his tongue out at her.

Yashiro: "It's a lie!"
Shermie: ".......!!"

All Shermie could do was shiver her shoulders, trying to kill her laughter.

Iori Yagami
This is the story on how Iori ended up entering the KOF '97 Tournament.
accurate as one can get.
ENJOY!

The Story

In the bustling city in which the rain was pouring with no mercy, a man silently walked,
without an umbrella. Red hair, Red
jeans...any one could see that he was a member of some kind of band. But there was
something to the man that words can not
describe. The aura that envelops him was more different from others. Though he was soaking
wet, the man's eyes gleamed
brightly. What do those eyes, shining so mysteriously, see in the crowd...?
The young man abrupltly stopped in front of a large TV in a show-window.

announce: "The annual King of Fighters 1997 will have the following fighters to battle it
out..."
man: "....."

The heavy feet started to walk away.

announce: "Kusanagi Kyo, Nikaidou Benimaru, and Daimon Goro will make up the Japan
team. And as a special seed fighter,
Yagami Iori will also..."
man: "!?"

Hearing his name unexpectedly announced over national television, the man grinned.

Iori: "Hmph, Kagura, it's that woman's handiwork... So, Kyo...you're entering that
meaningless tournament again..."

Whispering to himself in the cold rain, the man slowly walked into the night...

The chaotic hate within his chest tightens on Iori's heart. Ecstatic pain rush through his body.
Hate Hate Hate....

Iori: "Ungh...."
Iori groaned in the night. Laughter filled his ears, ringing narcoticly.
Iori: "Who is it.."
voice: "It seems you still haven't defeated Kyo yet, Iori..."
Bright eyes gleamed at him from the shadows.
Iori: "Hmph, so it's you."

Something slithered toward Iori, and lingered around his feet.
Two women. Familiar faces. They crawled on the floor naked, curving like serpents.

Iori: "Zombies...."
Mature: "Haha...If you fall so easily, You'll never conquer Kyo..."
Iori: "SHUT UP!!"
Purple flames slid across the ground. But they passed through the female shadows.

Vice: "Hahaha..See you later, Iori, dear...that time will be..."
The mysterious figures melted into the dark.
Iori: "Ha...hahaha...Kyo! Because of you, I can see demons now!"
The lonely man shouted.
Iori: "KYO-----!!!"
The man jumped up from his shallow slumber. Beads of sweat rolled down his face as he
panted heavily. He franticly
looked around. An empty room. The room had nothing but the bed. The vacant space that
occupies him...

Iori: "A dream..? !!"
Iori coughed violently. When he glanced at the hand that covered his dry lips, he found blood.
Not even bothering to wipe
off the blood, Iori sank back into the hard bed. He blankly stared at the ceiling.
Iori: "Hm, Kyo. Yours, and my destiny...who will fall first..."
A twisted grin crawled over his thin lips.
Iori: "Fhahahahahaha!! Kyo! Your voice! Your face! Above anything! That's right, above
anyone in this world! The thing I hate
in this world is YOU!! Kyo!! My dream is one! It is to kill you!! Hahahaha!!!"

The man laughed. His sorrowful laughter overflowed in the dark room, and echoed.

The Story

Shingo: "I bought the sandwiches for you!"

It was lunch break at the highschool. There was a man in the garden by the buildings, where
no one can see. Shingo,
carrying a paperbag full of sandwiches and bread, ran up to the man who was sleeping, leaning
on the tree in the garden whose
leaves had already fallen.

Shingo: "Um, today I bought a Yakisoba-pan (chow-mien sandwich) and a chocolate roll."
Man: "N-n...ok..."
Shingo: "And here's the coffee-milk. I'll set over here."
Man: "Sure..."

It has already been three months since Shingo has visited here with the sandwiches.

Man: "Okay, I told you I'll teach a new move from today..."

The man pulled the yakisoba-pan from the paper bag, and munched on it. He slowly stood up,
and faced the tree he was
leaning on. Backing away from the tree a little, the man shifted into a fighting stance.

Man: "I'm only doing this once..."
Shingo: "Yes, sir!!"

Suddenly, the man thursted a low body blow to the tree.
Man: "Your body's open!"
Booom....!

The tree shook violently. If examined closely, the tree had numerous dents, bend, cuts, and
gouges, and parts of them were
black. As if it was burned. Perhaps the reason why this tree alone stands barren is because it's
been the sandbag for these
abusive lectures.

Shingo: "Ah, this is the move "Aragami", right!?"
Man: "Hmm, so little Shingo's done his studying.."
Shingo: "Sure! I saw this on TV last year! This is the move you used in the semi-finals to
defeat Sie Kensou!"
Man: (Even I don't remember that far...)
Shingo: "Uh..so, it goes like this...then this...."

Shingo tried to recure the man's movements in his mind, and remember it.

Shingo: "But yesterday, I though you said 'next will be the R.E.D (Rainbow Energy
Dynamite) Kick!!', or something like that..."
Man: "Did I say that?"
Shingo: "Of course, I don't mind. So, what 'number' is Aragami?"
Man: "N-, one hundred...fif...teen."
Shingo: "I thought that was Dokukami...?"
Man: "Yeah, you're right. Then it's a hundred and fourteen."
Shingo: "Don't mistake your own moves' names, Kusanagi-san!"

Though Shingo acted upset, he was having the time of his life.

Shingo: "Okay, one..hendred...four..teen. There!"
After jotting the name of his new move in his student handbook, Shingo moved into a fighting
stance, and gestured the
move.

Shingo: "Is it like this?"
Kyo: "O, that's pretty good. Kinda like that."
Shingo: "Ah, really!? Thank you very much, Kusanagi-san!! And of course, I need the flames
at the end, right?"
Kyo: "'Flames', huh..."
Shingo: "I've never got those flames to come out, bur somehow I think I can do it with this
move, unlike the others. I can feel
it!"
Kyo: (I really don't think so.)
Shingo: "So until I can summon the flame like you, I'm gonna practice hard!"
Kyo: "Yup, you can do it. Practice hard. I'm going back to the class rooms now."

Kyo started to chew on the other piece of bread that Shingo brought, and walked towards the
school buildings.
Shingo: "Thank you very much, Kusanagi-san!!"
Bowing his head low, Shingo watched his "teacher" leave.
Kyo: (He remembers well, but...)
Without turning back at Shingo, Kyo waved his hand at him as he turned the corner.
Kyo: "See ya, Keep up the hard work!"

After seeing Kyo disappear from his sight, Shingo began to practice the move he just saw.
Shingo: "Okay!! I'm gonna master the Aragami technique!"
By the way, there was no connection between these two other than being " the upper
classman and lower classman of the
same school". But a couple of months ago, a boy named "Shingo Yabuki" suddenly walked
into Kyo's life....

Shingo: "Are you Mister Kusanagi Kyo?"
Kyo: "Yeah, that's me...but who are you?"
Shingo: "My name is Yabuki Shingo of the junior class. Kusanagi-san! Teach me your fighting
techniques! Please!!"
Kyo: "Wha..??"

That was their first encounter. It seems that he saw Kyo on TV during the "KOF '96", and
became Shingo's role model. At
first, Kyo lightly declined Shingo's requests, but finally gave up and ended up teaching Shingo
the Kusanagi Techniques. But
even if Kyo teaches him, Shingo, who isn't a blood-kin of the Kusanagi Clan, has no chance in
summoning the crimson flames.
So, even the Aragami that Shingo learned today ends up being a normal body blow. But even
so, watching Shingo practice so
diligently, Kyo taught him with amusement (and uses him as a "servant" at school ^_^;).

Shingo: "It went like this...then this..."
Being used to learning the techniques like this, Shingo's moves were deft, despite only
observing the move once.
Shingo: "Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of it...something like this..."
After shifting back into a fighting pose, concentrating on his fists, Shingo thrusted at the old
tree.
Shingo: "Your body's open!!"
It still looks like a normal body blow.

King! Kong! Kang! Kong!
The chime that tells the end of the lunch break fills the school yard. The students that were
scattered throughout the gardens
shuffled into the buildings.

Shingo: "I should go back to classes too..."
After School. After the break the weather gave way, and rain was pouring from the sky.
Students reacted to the rain in
many ways; with umbrellas, without umbrellas, and some simply waited in the buildings for
the rain to go.

Shingo: "Your body's open!!"

In the rain, Shingo was practicing the moves Kyo taught him in the central garden. Practicing
alone in the secluded garden
has been a daily rountine for him now, and he practices all of the moves, no matter what
weather he must tolerate. But lately,
Shingo was feeling the limits in his practices.

Shingo: "Ha...ha...not enough..."
He slams down on the moist ground to rest. He wanders on the ideas that's been swirling in his
mind for a while.
KING OF FIGHTERS Because of this, Shingo had become himself, that idolizes Kyo, and
strives to be like him. And the
tournament is nearing for this year, too.
Shingo: "'King of Fighters...but can I fight in it...me?"
A couple of months ago, he wouldn't have had such an idea, and he didn't learn the techniques
for that reason. But that's a
different story now...

Shingo: "I wanna be like Kusanagi-san! I'm gonna enter the tournament! Yeah, I've got
nothing to lose!"
Promising himself a new goal, Shingo resumed his practice.
Later that month, Shingo safely passed the preliminary rounds and enters the King of Fighters
tournament...

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 17:02

Hmm, skimming the information it looks fairly similar to the story briefs contained on the KOF website right now. It looks like there might be some solid bonus info in here too, though. Were these translations made public somewhere? Thanks a lot if not.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Feb 13, 2010 17:06

It came from here:
Chika's KOF zone
http://members.aol.com/iorin/chika/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As far as I remember, she was a fan who translated stuff and did some fanart.

Of course, it's now shut down.

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 04:55

So I'm in the process of doing some quick proof reading and edits to the KOF 94 article and adding in the information on the sports team that had been shown to me here (primarily checking out those old SNK sports games mentioned like Street Hoop and Football Frenzy.) I've been taking a break from the Love Letter lately as I've focused strictly on it for probably a good month.

Right now I'm focusing on beating the new Miles Edgeworth game and writing a review. When I get back around to doing the edits for the KOF 96 and 97 articles I'll make sure to include the info Gunsmith provided from these drama CDs. If anyone else has translations from this Chika girl I'd be much obliged, though I would like to ask right now on the quality of her translations? Has anyone ever found any particular flaws with the information this person released?

If anyone's interested these were the finals and post-finals matches for the King of Fighters 98 tournament held in honor of the KOF Love Letter series: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Wry+Gu ... 3127.phtml.

We have post finals for me to personally test out the winner of the tournament, since I personally help to train everyone in the tournament and don't actually fight in it. A lot of the entrants had never played a King of Fighters game before, so we're going to be gradually training people in new games they'd never experienced. Next on the list is we're going to do a Mark of the Wolves tournament, then a KOF 2002 one. There's a possibility we'll do a KOF 2003 tournament after that, then maybe a 2000 tournament if I feel people can handle the possibility of 100% striker combos.

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:25

Gunsmith wrote: Not sure about Heavy D though wikis say he's inspired by a rapper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_D_%26_the_Boyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I've never heard that before today)
Didn't know SNK knew of the Overweight Lover.