Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
Re: King of Fighters Love Letter Series: A KOF Story Guide

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Mar 12, 2010 23:25

*due to having fallen to his death in the FF timeline, Gunsmith was unable to respond*

However, in the CVS storyline, Gunsmith had miraculously fallen onto Ryu, who at that moment was bending over to pick up a coin he had spotted in the gutter. Ryu's sturdy physique softened Gunsmith's plummet, saving the maniac webhamster from certain death, while unfortunately he himself exploded upon the impact, causing the legendarily unwashed fighter to suffer a slow and painful death in the process.

Brushing himself down, Gunny called to the heavens:

TRY AGAIN, I JUST UPGRADED YOUR ACCOUNT!

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Wry Guy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 00:31

Many thanks. I've written a quick introduction of myself. Now I just need to learn how to properly use Wordpress.

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 08:33

Well, balls. While doing some experimentation it looks like I can't use the Google Reader MP3 player because of the fact that Wordpress shuts down embeds. Is there any chance you know how to fix this issue, Gunsmith? If not I'll either have to strip the music from the articles or find another music player that works on Wordpress, but either way it may not be that big a deal.

I was planning on using some javascript on these too, looks like there's a lot of fancy stuff that Wordpress doesn't like people getting near.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Mar 13, 2010 13:29

You're actually going to post your stuff here? I thought you were just going to post a snippet and then direct ppl to your site?

There are plugins I can get for you... if you really want that stuff.... but let's clarify what exactly you plan to do- reposts or just news that your blog has been updated?

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 18:58

I intend to repost them here, which would entail some work like finding a way to get the images to look right since this site uses 40 pixels more for width. I'd rather these articles have a more permanent home. It's a KOF storyguide, it belongs on a KOF site. I'll still write them for my personal blog first, but I'll rework them for this site later.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Mar 15, 2010 22:10

sorted. Check your "testing grounds" draft.

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 08:48

Curse mine perfectionism, I really must be destined to become a designer with how OCD I'm becoming. I'm working on adapting the Love Letter to Orochinagi in my testing grounds section of the site right now and just resizing the images completely dissatisfies me. The slight blurriness seems to totally defy the purpose of even using the original pixel art. I think I'm gonna be taking the time to recreate all the images for Orochinagi's page width.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Jul 02, 2010 08:08

http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

may come in very useful!

especially when it gets translated.

Wry Guy
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Wry Guy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 05:48

Certainly it will be. The video itself I am aware of. It's on youtube in a couple places.

Right now I've been swamped with other projects and work. I'm about to roll out a very SNK centric podcast completely separate from Podsumaki. This particular episode will be SNK centric at least. It's going to entail people in the D-Toid community getting free Neo Geo Pocket Colors.

Exodus
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:The God
Currently Playing:XI
XBL:Hootsjay13
PSN:Verbal__Hologram

Post by Exodus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 15:09

Nice topic, very helpfull. Also a great way to kill time inbetween classes straight up.

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:For Great JUSTICE!
Currently Playing:KOF 13, Tekken 6
XBL:Vlad Draulea
PSN:NYCYakuzaKyo

Post by The Master » Tue Sep 21, 2010 15:02

Wry Guy wrote:The Dreamcast manual does indeed say it takes place 10 years after the last Fatal Fury. Real Bout 1 was the last story-based one and that was in 1995, but since RBFF itself doesn't establish that the year is 1995 to my knowledge, we don't really know the exact year Mark of the Wolves takes place in.

The fact that they use MotW Terry's design for KOF 2003 and XI would imply that it's around the same time, but it's absolutely nothing conclusive. Especially considering King of Fighters more often does things like that for fanservice than anything else. Geese being alive in 96 was the same thing. It was just done because it would be cool. Quite clearly nobody from the Fatal Fury team was consulted at the time since both games were being made concurrently.

to what research i have, MoW takes place ten years after KOF 2000 ended as the rebuilt south town(aka second south) is just alittle south west of where the original town is. Hakase-san has a map/timeline of the garou games as well too.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Sep 22, 2010 03:38

The Master wrote: to what research i have, MoW takes place ten years after KOF 2000 ended as the rebuilt south town(aka second south) is just alittle south west of where the original town is. Hakase-san has a map/timeline of the garou games as well too.
Completely wrong.

Garou takes place 10 years after the death of Geese. If RB "date" is the same as the time that was released, that would be 2005 (or 2006? I don't really remember). Garou continuity totally ignores the evens from KoF, you can even confirm this in garou itself, since in the world map you can see how South Town is there, completely intact right next to Second South.

Supposedly FF1, 2 & 3 took place in the same dates that the games where released (it is pointed so in the games). I don't remember if the RB manual properly said "6 months after the battle for the scrolls" or something like that.

Zamora
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%
A.K.A.:Zamo
Currently Playing:MGO, PES 2011, KOF XII(hella rusty)
PSN:acesamora

Post by Zamora » Wed Nov 24, 2010 05:07

so when in the near future can we see the start of the NESTS saga, or are you going to finish editing 97' or make them into a final Orochi Saga article? Im dying for a good read wow

Exodus
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:The God
Currently Playing:XI
XBL:Hootsjay13
PSN:Verbal__Hologram

Post by Exodus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 05:18

^I second this, i'm very much looking forward to the next update whether it be a revision or the nests saga.

Vokkan
Is it a bot?
PSN:Vokkan

Post by Vokkan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 18:12

What a bummer, I just registered so I could bump this and someone beat me to it :D

Really liked the articles. They made me return to and fool around with the classics, and now that I want to fool around with the later ones it just doesn't feel right without Love Letters to go with them.

The one thing I'd like you to add is more mentions of gameplay, like when characters gain or lose significant special moves, or vaguely mentioning characters rise and fall in strength.