King Of Fighters XIV General Discussion

For the diehards! :)
Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...
Re: King Of Fighters XIV

Post by Yuki Yagami » Tue Oct 27, 2015 19:49

http://www.orochinagi.com/2015/10/inter ... k-free-pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the forum lurkers. :)

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Yuki Yagami » Wed Nov 04, 2015 05:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6nCwq9RuI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another Vid, sadly, graphics are still eh...

Hand me your gun, Jigen.

At least Chang is back....

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:45

The game doesn't feel 3d . Characters do but game play still 2d. Leona proves that point.

IM IN!

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Yuki Yagami » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:04

It seems first, Kyo and later Leona probably have a change in voice actors.

Makes me think that they most likely replaced most of the cast. For the characters confirmed so far, only Iori keeps his original VA (Kunihiko Yasui). While we haven't heard Chang's voice in XIV yet, but most likely he'll have a different VA as well.

Most likely KOF XIV gets a re-cast except for the following characters...
Iori - Kunihiko Yasui
K' - Yuuki Matsuda
Kula - Yumi Kakazu
Maxima - Katsuyuki Konishi
Andy - Keiichi Nanba (might be replaced with a younger seiyuu)
Joe - Nobuyuki Hiyama
Mai - Ami Koshimizu
Athena - Haruna Ikezawa
Chin - Takashi "Matsuo" Matsuo

If they ever return...
Shingo - Takehito Koyasu
Ramon - Eiji Takemoto
Nameless - Daisuke Ono
Jhun - Kazuya Ichijou
Hinako - Ayako Kawasumi
Lin or Ron - Takaya Kuroda
Angel - Mayumi Shintani

May Lee and Seth will get new voice actors, Raiden/Big Bear a new Japanese voice (if they give him a Japanese Voice again) due to their actors passing.

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Yuki Yagami » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5s-Ad4e6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy Bogard Added... (may have a different seiyuu this time?)

Ryth
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:B.I.G. Get it? Biggie!
Currently Playing:Europa Universalis IV

Post by Ryth » Sat Nov 28, 2015 02:10

The game looks "less worse" after the trailer. I'm allowing myself to get hyped. Not so much with the game itself, but with the possibility of SNK getting back to its own thing.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Tue Dec 01, 2015 17:45

With all the talks about model recycling and barbie dolls (except Chang) and whatnot…

I'm just going to ask what everyone is thinking about but nobody wants to say.

Is Athena going to be fat again?

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Yuki Yagami » Sun Dec 06, 2015 19:03

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/06094695.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Famitsu Interview

Translation: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s561/sh/ ... 2d826be219" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On December 6, 2015, we had the opportunity to speak with the producer of the new King of Fighters At the Sony Experience in Sanfransisco, USA

Famitsu: The booth is a big hit this year. How are you feeling about it?

Mr. Oda: Ahhh, I'm relieved. The KOF series is really popular among people from both Central and Couth America, and there are a lot of those people came to see.

Famitsu: This time around there are 16 teams, with 50 characters in total.
Of course, this includes some new characters as well?

Oda: That's right. Between the old characters and new characters, there will be 16 teams.

Famitsu: About how many new characters will there be?

Oda: Sorry but I can't answer that right now. Please wait for more information later on.

Famitsu: At this year's PSX build Kyo, Iori, Andy, Leona, Chang, and Kula are included as playable characters. In addition you revealed Billy, King, and Angel in the new trailer. It really gives you the sense that this is a real "KOF" lineup. What are your thoughts on this?

Oda: That's true, isn't it. We wanted to release the more staple "KOF" for this game. Having said that, the KOF series has a lot of characters so it's hard to say who is a "staple" and who isn't haha. Keeping that in mind we also want to make some interesting character lineup choices.

Famitsu: In this new version, we only see one power gauge on the bottom of the screen. The drive gauge from KOF XIII seems to be gone.

Oda: Yes, that's right. This time around there's just a simple, single power gauge. EX special moves can be used through MAX mode, which costs 1 bar to activate.

Famitsu: The drive gauge from XIII is gone?

Oda: In the last game, players could use both EX moves and drive cancels freely, and XIII kind of became known as a "combo game." There were many people who liked that style of game, but on the other hand there quite a few people started to say "ah, I'm bad at long combos." That's why we decided to strike a balance between those two opinions in this new game.

Famitsu: I see. That's why EX specials are only available in max mode isn't it? Has the Desperation Move (Translator's note: supers and ex supers) system changed as well?

Oda: This time there are 3 types of DM's: DM's, MAX DM's, and Climax DM's. MAX DM's do more damage than their regular counterparts. You can activate MAX DM's by pressing two of the same button types together (note: same as XIII's EXDM's).

Famitsu: What are Climax DM's?

Oda: These are DM's that use up 3 stocks of the power gauge, and are the most powerful moves in the game. In XIII there were NEOMAX supers, but they didn't always suit the character. This time, we've made each Climax DM more appropriate for every single character.

Famitsu: Furthermore, guard blowbacks have changed this time too, haven't they?

Oda: In KOFXIV, when you use a blowback attack it will wall-stick the opponent; you can follow up for an attack afterwards.

Famitsu: I got the impression that the fighting system has been fully implemented. Are we going to see any changes to the system mechanics until the game is released?

Oda: We're going to be making some minute adjustments, but I don't want any major changes to occur.

Famitsu: The mindset was an "easy to understand" system, right?

Oda: Yes. Recently, more so than at arcades, the home version and netplay is where people spend the majority of their time playing; this includes players from wide range of skill levels. That's why we decided it would be good to use a simpler system that allows for people to find a lot of intricate fighting strategies.

Famitsu: By the way, how much of the game is completed at the moment?

Oda: Hmmm....I'd say it's mainly 70% complete.

Famitsu: Ah, I guess it's mostly finished then. Finally, is there a message you would like to leave for the fans?

Oda: For the Japanese fans, I guess you are probably thnking "the first playable version was in America?" However, I want to give the Japanese fans a chance to try a playable build sometime in the future. Please wait for further news about this.
tl;dr
- The Game's development is about 70% complete. :lol: (good luck with that)
- HD gauge removed because they want to "simplify" the gameplay. EX Moves are only done in MAX Mode.
- Some of the XIII characters' Climax DM (formerly NeoMAX) are altered/changed to suit the character more.
- SDMs works like '98 somewhat. (DMs become SDMs during MAX Mode)
- XIII was a so-called "combo game" because of the drive cancel and EX special systems. There were people that liked it, but also those who didn't. This time, we decided to take a step somewhere inbetween those two kinds of players.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Dec 08, 2015 23:32

I see the direction where they want to go with the system, but I hope that it still holds solid and hold players interest.

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Re: King Of Fighters XIV General Discussion

Post by Mature » Thu Dec 10, 2015 13:33

I haven't got a tweeter account but can someone suggest to Oda to add dialogue between characters like old school kof before going into battle?

It would be ace!

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 23:37

Does he even have a twitter account?

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:21

There was a picture going around where oda Liked it must of been Facebook then lok

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Yuki Yagami » Wed Jan 27, 2016 07:54

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/692231060076302336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benimaru... New Trailer Soon...

Robert, K' and Benimaru...

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:02

Q and A with Oda

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Wed Apr 13, 2016 16:01

Damage comparison between 13 and 14 (using the 9 character build).