Battle Coliseum dead already? Why?

Dream Match never ends!
Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Feb 13, 2006 14:37

Why NGBC is dead??? Well its simple... Fanboys still complain that this game doesnt play like KOF!!! "OMG how bad is this game... no rolls,ppl just abuse throws, they got no skill BLA BLA BLA.... IMHO this is a solid, well balanced game!! To be honest, I reckon KOF XI is SLIGHTLY better than NGBC,I do not know why ppl still complain abt the lack of depth?? I dont care if previous KOF games have their 100++ hit combos, different flavours of jumps, when it comes to tourneys, ppl dont just waste 3 or more worth of stocks just to do 60% worth of damage, well they go into more of defensive/mind games/poke fest that a lot of people might not enjoy!! Well this game is more of those games.. be realistic u POKE to win u dont do jump ins and do max mode cancels all day! When ppl turtle u throw them... not a typical scene found on those casual KOF matches!! "OMG u threw me u wimp!!"thats more KOF! :D

This game is similar to CvS2! A lot of SNK fanboys were turned off by this game, cuz this game were basically a "SFA3 with a hint of snk on it":? I still remember how those fanboys used to pick kyo/iori/terry and relied heavily on jump-ins while i poked them to death using sagat LMAO. Among KOF-lovers community, CvS2 were a hit--- for the first 3 months, people were playing shitty games like kof2001 by then. The same situation applies to NGBC, ppl abandon this game to play KOFXI,cuz they think KOF XI plays more like "KOF"(but KOF XI is a zillion times better than '01)!!

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 00:43

I don't see why people think this game should play more like KOF.
If you want KOF-style gameplay, well....go play KOF. NGBC is a different kettle of fish entirely.

NGBC relies more on fundamental things like tick/dash-in throwing and well-placed pokes/GCFS. It's more akin to say, SF than KOF. For instance, you can't jump around for free in NGBC like you can in KOF since most characters have some form of reliable anti-air (eg Hanzo dp+P, Mr Big A+C, etc).

I'm actually glad they decided to differentiate the two games to the extent that they did. It'd have been really boring and ultimately pointless if the only differences between KOF and NGBC were the roster.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Tue Feb 14, 2006 01:24

>>I don't see why people think this game should play more like KOF.

You don't remember all the whining around here about NGBC not having hops and etc, do you?

"OMG YOU CAN RUN! NOW I HOPE YOU CAN DO HOPS TOO!"

-_- I'm glad lots of people changed their minds.

>>Hanzo dp+P

<3 :3

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Tue Feb 14, 2006 07:11

NGBC doesnt play like kof very much to me.

I just know from asking numerous kof players that they dont want to play another snk vs crepecom or cvs2....always jumping in and getting hammered by anti airs.

Personally I can live without rolls and counters but not without a good jump system.

Otherwise u might as well play streetfighter. --__--

Its kof rule now bitches!

:D

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 09:11

You make it sound as if it's impossible to get around anti-airs without hops.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Feb 14, 2006 15:32

ShadowSonic wrote:NGBC relies more on fundamental things like tick/dash-in throwing and well-placed pokes/GCFS. It's more akin to say, SF than KOF. For instance, you can't jump around for free in NGBC like you can in KOF since most characters have some form of reliable anti-air (eg Hanzo dp+P, Mr Big A+C, etc).
EXACTLY, this is where the fun begins!! U just dont do 100 hit combos to kill ur opponent u use ur brain to win!! Thats how fighting games should be played!! I still remember how ppl got turned off by CvS2, and they got so "hyped up" by SNKP's own version of the crossover. Now what did snkp deliver? SNKvsCrapcom!! Low quality fighting game that drew 3x end of day takings more than Cvs2 in my local arcade!! NGBC is a great game with a classic gameplay, where u do thick throws,Dragon Punch bait poke etcetc!! Im so pissed off when sum1 who uses Kyo+Iori called me a NOOB when i poked&tick throw him to death using Rock and Hanzo!! I do not know why extreme SNK fanboys want a MORE AGRESSIVE type of games and conclude other more fundemental games being CRAP??? Infact, they hate how i play KOFXI cuz i do normal throws and i rarely jump so that i can kill them with pokes!!! Plz ppl do embrace the root of all fighting games!! SF! NGBC followed the rules defined by SF and took it another notch with the additions of new systems!!

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Tue Feb 14, 2006 17:01

Well okay u expect SNK players or Kof players in particular who all seem to live by the creed....

Aggression/Attack/Hyperhophappytime=GOOD
Sit on your ass,uppercut,poke, fireball,level3,one hit wonder moves=BAD

To suddenly step back in time after playing kof for years and years and play in this outdated style set by streetfighter in ngbc?

Why should Kof players who represent the majority when it comes to supplying snk with truckloads of arcade cash bend to your will?

Your in the minority. :-P

L1r
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
PSN:Pewas

Post by L1r » Wed Feb 15, 2006 02:48

Well..
1. Just because someone's in the minority doesn't make the majority right.
2. It is true that most KOF players are too used to an agressive type of gameplay and it's also true that it's not going to change soon, but people, just because you don't like it is no reason enough to alienate the game. I personally believe that NGBC is an entertaining game and I enjoy playing it against friends and whatever, I also think it's a game worth discussing.
Maybe some KOF players just don't know how to play other kind of fighters, that's fine by me, noone's asking you to choose a side or anything, but keep in mind you shouldn't shun a game just because you don't like the way it plays.
What i'm trying to say with this is that (and I'm stretching it a bit by saying this) most KOF players felt let down by NGBC because they thought they were going to get just another KOF, well boo hoo, sucks to be you, cry me a river, you can't always get what you want, etc etc.
Non the less I still think NGBC is a game worth discussing/playing and I hope at least some people will support me here, we all know SNKP put effort on it ad it's a shame it's not being noticed too much.
It's just too bad that they released so many quality games so soon, KOF XI ended up burrying NGBC, and that's a pity, but it's already been discussed I believe.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Feb 15, 2006 17:07

SnapYak wrote: Aggression/Attack/Hyperhophappytime=GOOD
Sit on your ass,uppercut,poke, fireball,level3,one hit wonder moves=BAD

To suddenly step back in time after playing kof for years and years and play in this outdated style set by streetfighter in ngbc?

Why should Kof players who represent the majority when it comes to supplying snk with truckloads of arcade cash bend to your will?

Your in the minority. :-P
Ahem.. ok Snap u prob a supper agressive type of player i dun complain... What I said is basically what L1R said in his post above ^^^ Ok why u ppl hate games developed by SNKP just because they dont play like KOF?? THATS how NGBC should be played, so why the hate??? This game doesnt have hops so what??? This game doesnt have abuseable sytems so what?? U gotta adjust ur gameplay then! Remember, this game is good and really playable!!

I dun whine about how this game works... i never whine abt Billy/choi pwning everyone in 2k2 nor how agressive Vanessa is... Its ppl like u who is 1 dimentional.. u only like games that play more like "KOF". Hardcore fanboys are the ones that complain abt other fighting games being crap just because they dont play like KOF--whatever they mean??? Dun get me wrong... this is how i play! I never hate how other ppl play if they turtle great u r smart, if u rely on tactics great mind-games mate! Well if ur agressive good u have faster hands than mine... its ppl like u who complain abt how other game systems are built and how other players prefer to play.. and that fact contributes to the demise of NGBC.. spreading a 1 dimensional view on the game---u can see an example just by lookin how u categorise "GOOD" and "BAD"

AND... if u say me being the minority.... ahemm how many SNK fans that have the same point of view as you? How bout you compared to Sammy+Capcom fans? infact, how about you compared to the fighting games fans in the world??? :!: Note:"You" meaning ppl that have the same ideals as yours. :!:
Last edited by Franz Bonaparta on Fri Feb 17, 2006 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:42

recently went to singaporean arcades, and noticed that heaps of them have multiple KOF XI machines, but i only saw 2 ngbc machines in like the 5 arcades i went to. I think since XI came out so soon after ngbc with a more familiar formula, that's why people flocked back to kof

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:48

Just because you can use Doom tactics to play Halo does not necessarily mean you can only use KOF style to play all FGs.

Sheba
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:ALL HAIL OPPAI!!!
Currently Playing:Civilization 5 , BlazBlue: Continuum Shift , Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Minecraft, Magicka
PSN:TigerBalmSniffer

Post by Sheba » Fri Feb 17, 2006 21:36

lol no hop herk herk!

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Wed Jun 28, 2006 18:01

From what I understand too many thnigs have been hindered by the fact that people think the game is "SVC2", as SieClayton said many brush it aside without playing it. I love NGBC to death, and was thrilled to read that a sequel though not in the works is possible and it depends on if we want it bad enough...so we need to start pioneering for the release of NGBC2!!