A.K.A.:Turned ON
Neo Dio (NGBC)

Post by Photon » Tue Jun 14, 2005 14:01

WH endboss stuff goes here

soujiro
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:(EX)Hentai Bukkake Master =D
Currently Playing:Blazblue:CS (PS3) & SSF4 (XBOX360)
XBL:TCH soujiro
PSN:JUNHUA

Post by soujiro » Sat Sep 10, 2005 06:49

Well....his a much easier boss than the other 3.You can really fight him with skills and he's not cheap,imo.
I like fighting him alot. (He looks like Blackheart from Marvel :roll: )

Anyway,there's a cheap way to win him but I'm not sure if all characters can use it.
Just trip him,he falls,trip him again and again when he got up...:P

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Sep 10, 2005 07:34

soujiro wrote:He looks like Blackheart from Marvel :roll:
Exactly what I was thinking. WTH did they make him black? He was all pimping in gold. :cry:

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Sep 11, 2005 01:41

soujiro wrote:Well....his a much easier boss than the other 3.You can really fight him with skills and he's not cheap,imo.
Shit... he's still the lame-ass boss from WHP :/

He was sort of broken as a normal char, though :D
Blackheart looks like him :roll:
MUCH BETTER :-P (mainly because Dio > Blackheart).

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Sun Sep 11, 2005 04:00

Well, I fought Neo Dio today. And I could've sworn he yelled, "WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Sep 11, 2005 20:17

Iori E wrote:Well, I fought Neo Dio today. And I could've sworn he yelled, "WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
Does he still do that? :o

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Sun Sep 11, 2005 20:48

Heathens! Neo Dio is obviously Baoh Raihosha!

Cascade
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by Cascade » Tue Sep 13, 2005 05:36

I don't think they know about that parasite guy. XD

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:52

Unlocked today, but next to no-one to play against so sadly most of this info is vs CPU only.

Normals of Note:
j.D: Same as the boss version, multiple hits(4), great meter builder. Not bad air-to-air either. Easy to combo ground hits after.
c.C: Mexican Uppercut, anti-air of choice.
c.B: OMG, a boss that has a comboable low that even links into itself. Good range too.
c.A: Super-fast, super high priority. Links to itself easy.
c.D: Iori's super long range and fast c.D. Except even more range.
s.D: Jumping sobat with a good chunk of range. Sure I jumped over a low with it.
Far s.C: Long range elbow-spike cross slash thingy
j.A: Seemed to be air-to-air of choice.

Command Moves:
f+C: Spikes come from his back and go a fair way forward. Looks like his rib cage is actually trying to grab you. Slowish but pulls a blocking enemy right to you. You don't have the advantage, but can be great when someone turtles up to keep up constant pressure. (Overhead?)
df+B: Slide kick, knocks down when not linked into. A good chunk of range, but maybe not as much as d.D.
df+D: Another slide kick, but this one hits twice. Up to second hit looks identical to B version. Same knockdown properties apply. Also can be comboed by d.B, d.B, df+D for a mudman like combo.

Special Moves:
qcf+A/C: Dashing straight elbow. Hella fast in both execution and recovery. A hits once, C three times. Both combo from crouching lights.
qcf+B/D: Identical to above except an uppercut elbow. Think of ST Balrog's dashing punches and you have these things.
dp+A/C: Spikes on head poke out infront of NeoDio and electricute opponent for a few hits. These are pretty damn slow, but I swear with right spacing and hit timing you actually end up with frame advantage on hit. Probably enough for the dash punches to be guarenteed. Maybe even his lvl 2, but thats a big maybe.
rdp+A/C: His counter/morph behind. They stay stuck for nowhere near as long as the boss version. I think only a c.A is guarenteed (into qcf+C/D). This move comes out really slow as well. Used in anticipation of attacks only, certainly not on reaction.
hcb,f+P: Command grab. Just grabs and does a glowing punch. Like young Geese's but a lot less impressive. No followups but I guess a command grab on a rushdown character is appreciated. Didn't seem to have the kick variation (fire/ice). This thing didn't even look like fire.

Supers:
qcfx2+A/C: Full screen fireball. About Robert size but nowhere near as good. Slow startup low damage.
qcfx2+B/D(Level 2): Dash autocombo attack. Bit of invulnerability at start so you can AA with it. Damage is pretty sad but might be able to get an extra hit at the end.

Of note:

For a character that charges meter so fast he sure doesn't have much way to use it. Chonshu seems like an awesome partner for him just for this reason.
Can't for the life of me find any special thats SCable. Even harder to use that meter.
Couldn't find any projectiles or spikes coming through the ground. Or that Rolling Smash from WH. He gets zoned pretty bad by Marco, believe he really needs something like this.
j.D, d.Bx2, qcf+C/D = 9 hits.
A Default color (Black), B Gold, C Blacker, D Red
Without GCFS and super fast hands/moves he'd probably destroy.
He can kill CPU True King Lion by doing (c.A, qcf+A) x n
QCF+C/D eat up counter switches because of multiple hits.
He seemed to take a damn lot of damage as well.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Nov 02, 2005 14:21

Say, is the usable version of Neo Dio's autocombo DM unblockable? I don't think so, but who knows? :)

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Nov 02, 2005 22:47

Blockable. In WHP had to be blocked crouching I think, this can be blocked either way. Forgot to mention this won't combo off crouching Bs.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Nov 04, 2005 08:54

He has a down up kick as an anti air move and a jump qcf kick move too. I remembered seeing somewhere that he has another grab and another super.

There is like only one way to play him. First character. No stocks on both sides. Rush the opponent. Mix the Qcf P/K 's light and heavy versions since they recover at different speeds. (OMG! 2k3 Shen Woo.)

He is so darn big (although he is the fastest among the 3 bosses.) that he dies to crossups and other misc nonsense if he plays defensive.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:19

Typical second day update... Thanks to Geese for helping out of course.

hcb,f+K grab does exist, freezes on hit giving ample time to do anything (hint, super.) Makes the P version totally redundant. Sadly freeze, pull towards (f+C) actually launches so no interesting tricks available. Just whack'em

The down-up kick is df,db,u+k. That motion works, flash kick super motion works, hcb,u works but 270deg from f to u doesn't. Spins directly upwards, no point when he has the d+C. Suppose the air kick you speak of is the same motion. For some reason I was trying db,df,u when in air so I just suspected it didn't exist.

Forgot to add in the last post that he has a triangle jump. He actually needs that extra air this gives him. Also found the counter is supercancelable very late, supers only seem to hit if he counters a move with big recovery.

Both his supers are pretty close to useless. qcfx2+K knocks just a bit too far away to follow with team attack. May work in corner, but following with lvl 1 always wiffed. If there is another super then it is a non-typical motion or with multiple buttons.

Close D is identical to Mizuchi's (kick, overhead) but wasn't cancelable, neither was close C. Close B, far B chain.

Empyrian is right about how to play him. It's just some of the cast can stand there and lock him down (Washizuka springs to mind) without any effort at all. Also seems the qcf+lights are not safe on HIT (whatsupwitdat???) It became obvious pretty quickly that if your uber rush down was winning it was because the other player was making mistakes. He is not much more than a kamikaze character before switching to character 2.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 17:07

I managed to try DIO today. He's very fast, but kinda lacking in power compared with the other bosses. And yeah, his huge size makes him a poor defensive character. His A,B,C DM is good as an occassional surprise, but the damage is pretty poor for a lvl-3 DM. His hcb,f+P throw comes out pretty quickly however, and is good for surprises, and mixing up the P and K versions may work.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Jan 06, 2006 01:43

Dio is strictly rushdown, I think even with his nerfing he would have to be top tier...the ice command grab yields good mixups with him, like cr. jab you can do and that flips/resets the opponent to other things...man hes really good even toned down..him and King Lion on your team is just peachy!!!!!

I also am privvy to believe that his qcf+A/b slash attack is safe from a distance...great for mindgames....cr. a series/Command ICE GRAB..I dont see why to use the Fire Grab when you can reset with cr. a in the ice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *scratches head*