Mizuchi (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
khdu
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%
Mizuchi (NGBC)

Post by khdu » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:32

The thread about the Orochi err.... 'ripoff'.
Discuss strats, combos (and mysterious stories or opinions on why he looks like Orochi, if allowed) here.

Why is he like Orochi anyway?

And, is there a move list for this guy yet, even if he's a boss?

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Mon Jun 20, 2005 18:57

Hey, guys... I'd suggest to create a single thread to talk about the bosses (since they're not (still) selectable), and if, by any chance, they become available to use, then it would be OK to create their individual thread.

I say this because.. what would we discuss in these threads? the only thing that comes to my mind is: CPU patterns and/or how to dodge/repel/block X move.

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Mon Jun 27, 2005 03:36

I was translating Goenitz's moves from Russian to romanji earlier today, and noticed that his DM from '96 is called Mizuchi. Hmmm? What does it mean?

Shindekudasai!
Is it a bot?

Post by Shindekudasai! » Wed Jun 29, 2005 16:21

About Goenitz's moves: the full name of the DM in question is "Shin YaOtome: Mizuchi" which is "True 8 Maidens (Slayer) : Fountain of Blood". There's another version called "Shin YaOtome: Jissoukyouku" (sp?) which he uses in 2k2 and SVC (his SDM in '96), unfortunately I don't have a translation for this one. On a side note .. I'm kinda dissapointed with the Exceed/Max2 Shin YaOtome, I think they should have used the more stylish looking 96/DM version, or at least included that "running fountain" sfx when he's squeezing the life out of you. Ah well.

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Wed Jun 29, 2005 19:43

Also, just saw the little flash movies of the Mizuchi intro and a fight with him. His intro seems nice... I like it. But, fighting him... Looks as weak as Orochi ever was.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Thu Jun 30, 2005 20:02

No, no, you're wrong. He's stronger. His energy pillars are faster, and that giant wave takes insane amount of energy.

Also, the player that fought him was crap :P

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Thu Jun 30, 2005 20:28

Still defense monster, as always.
Just kinda sketchy how this being fits into this game.
Guess we'll get our answers soon enough.

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Thu Sep 01, 2005 14:39

Again, question for the people who have already fought Orochi (yes, I'll call him by his original name, everybody knows he's Orochi):

What's the difference of his moves and fighting style in comparision of the ol'Orochi of the '97?

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:26

He seem to have a new DM afaik, or maybe just a redrawn old DM, didn't really find him using his DM when I'm fighting him.

Hes a turtle whore, get close, he'll black beam you, but they come out ALMOST intantly, which is pretty gay. Its a free 7 hits, he might just do a few more hits while you're air stunned too. And his pillars comes out very fast, way faster than 97'. One thing I noticed, he like to do the command grab quite alot, I think its about the same as 97, probably does more damage. He does it when I'm full screen range too. But its recovery is mad, so yeah, not much of a difference.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Sep 16, 2005 06:03

The last few times I fought him, I realised there is an easy way of killing him. It works for me 90% of the time (other 10% is for when he goes crazy)

1) dont stand close to him. He will do counters, energy wave and grab super if you're too close.

2) the best distance is when you can reach him, by doing a hi-jump. Always block low

3) If you're far enough he will definitely use the energy pillars. When you see the energy pillar forming nearest to him (purple patch on the floor), do the hi-jump and go in with a combo.

if you timed it right, the energy pillar closest to him would have just finished and he will be wide open. Flying kicks alone will not hurt him enough, combo combo combo

the obvious include, switching in and out when hp is low.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Sep 17, 2005 05:03

The NGBC I played is the Japanese version and the name of Mizuchi is pretty interesting.

òÔ. (activate chinese support.)

This word in chinese (pronounced as Jiao4) actually means a river or water dragon. Mythologically, they are a class lower than the sky or ocean dragons.

Very close relation to Orochi which is a 8 headed snake or dragon.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat Sep 24, 2005 13:45

Mizuchi is usable over at Hong Kong now, he's not in the character selection pics though, move to the right of Iori and you can find Mizuchi.

Haven't tried him out yet, nor did I see anybody use him. I think I might try sometime. But definately not the boss version from what I know.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sun Sep 25, 2005 16:14

Very Partial movelist for Mizuchi:

qcb+A/B/C/D: Fire pillar
I don't think I can juggle like his boss version with these babies, he doesn't shoot the pillars like the boss version as well, where you can have two pillars appearing next to each other.

qcbx2+P: Soul breaking move
The move where Mizuchi will turn black, reappear and grab the opponent's soul if in range. I believe it's unblockable but the range is rather short.

qcfx2+P: Multiple hit projectile move (the one where the screen turns black)
Not too different from the boss version in terms of appearance. Haven't noticed damage.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Sep 27, 2005 14:19

PenPen wrote:Very Partial movelist for Mizuchi:

qcb+A/B/C/D: Fire pillar
I don't think I can juggle like his boss version with these babies, he doesn't shoot the pillars like the boss version as well, where you can have two pillars appearing next to each other.

qcbx2+P: Soul breaking move
The move where Mizuchi will turn black, reappear and grab the opponent's soul if in range. I believe it's unblockable but the range is rather short.

qcfx2+P: Multiple hit projectile move (the one where the screen turns black)
Not too different from the boss version in terms of appearance. Haven't noticed damage.
I went down to sydney and he's usable there too. I actually think it was a time based thing or motherboard setting similar to athena.

Adding to the movelist,

dp +A : This does the mirror break thingy, where if you touch his fingers, a glass thing breaks and you get tossed.

dp +C : Same thing but mizuchi aims 45 degrees upwards.

hcb, f + P : the multi hit fireball. Essential to start his combos

Mizuchi is still hella strong IMO. I did the hcb f + p fireball, then did the light pillar and followed up with the fireball special and it all hit! Plus mizuchi's d-assualt looks hell cool.

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Tue Sep 27, 2005 16:55

Does Orochi have any special D-Assault? say with Shermie or Yagami? (thos eare the only Orochi names sounds to me)