Terry Bogard (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Terry Bogard (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:51

Still in his MoTW gear, Terry is back for yet another crossover. Talk all about him here.

So far, it's been mentioned that he still has his KOF 2003 movelist, along with his LDM Power Stream as a lvl.3 and with the return of his Triple Geyser.

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Tue Jun 14, 2005 00:34

Terry has 8 colour variations according to an issue of arcadia...

Brown jacket orange pants
Blue jacket dark grey pants
Grey jacket grey pants
Orange jacket light green grey pants
Yellow jacket blue pants
Purple jacket purple pants
Blue Jacket light grey pants
Green jacket and red pants

Also the picture is under a title AW net...exclusive colours online play or not? :?

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:15

"Note: Aperture of KOF Maximum Mayhem. This time, in its 10th anniversary..."

While he was resting from all his travels around the world, and when Terry was thinking about going back to his birthplace at (2nd) South Town, he received an invitation to a great martial arts tournament. Terry is invited as champion and defender of the title (KK note: and this is why I LOVE Terry :) ), but there was another name in the note.

"What's wrong, Terry?" A guy with blonde hair and red eyes asked.

This young fellow, Rock Howard, will surely have the wings of a great bird, but for now he's only a little chicken looking for his independence. The moment when he'll have "his real battle" is closer, and he's been wanting to experiment those bigger scenarios.

"Rock, do you know anything about this tournament we're invited?"

Original translation by Nightlord.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 14:52

From what I can see from the Neo Arcadia Scans, Terry can do Triple Geyser, each subsequent geyser cost 0.5 stock each. Pretty neat.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:25

Also from Arcadia, dB dA combos to Power Geyser o_O

Also, dB dA combos to Power Charge which is now done by f,f + K x3. Maybe he lost his df+D command move.

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Wed Aug 03, 2005 20:15

Thank GAWD that Terry is back to his f,f * 3... I thought it was a very nice touch to make his Power Charge in 2003 be a hybrid of his old and MotW versions, but now that they've done it once, I'm much happier with the simpler MotW version... Might've been nice if they'd made some sort of lvaried links for the more difficult 2003 version (like breaking into Fire Kick), but with a regular Power Charge, MotW is the way to go.

arre
Is it a bot?

Post by arre » Sat Aug 13, 2005 14:50

Can somebody confirm if he will still have his Power Stream or is it removed? Didn't see it in the neo-arcadia scan (can't read japanase)

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Aug 13, 2005 23:30

The preliminar pics of the game showed Terry executing Power Stream, so he may still use it.

EDIT: Forget what I said. I just checked the scans, and the Power Stream is not listed in Terry's movelist :(

GameFAQs Guest

Post by GameFAQs Guest » Sat Sep 03, 2005 13:54

Well, this is my analysis of Terry Bogard, after playing NGBC this afternoon.

>C, f+C is good combo starter. 2 hits & very fast, doesn't make distance between Terry & opponent on close.

>C, d/f+C does more damage than C, f+C. But it make a slight distance between Terry & opponent.

>No change on close D. Good Old 2 hits starter.

>Crouching B still can't be repeated many times like on pre-KOF02. Use crouching A instead.

>His Power Dunk animation & recovery is much faster on both version. Knockdown moves. B version comes out very FAST. I mean REALLY REALLY FAST. Very good anti air on D version. However, Breaking Power Dunk (AB) is very hard to do now. Very strict timing.

>A version of Burn Knuckle revovery time also faster than before, and safe if blocked as well.

>No changes on Power Waves & Crack Shoot. But Power Waves can hit grounded opponent. I've tried it myself, and I manage to perform 2 Power Waves on grounded opponent.

>Power Charge back to MTOW motions (ff+K 3x). 2nd Charge is Super Cancelable, just like KOF03. However, D version has a slight delay on start up. Close D to ff+D doesn't connect. Instead use B version, faster but shorter range.
The down side of Power Charge is that it can be mistakenly performed after dashing. Dash then close D result Power Charge, which is very dangerous if blocked. I recommend use C, d/f+C as combo starter than close D after dashing.

>Charge Run (HCF+K) is basically like Rock's Rage Run. Can be followed with Charge Kick (B or D). Interestingly, looks like the Charge Kick is unblockable or maybe hits low. Dunno why because everytime I did it, CPU nor player can't blocked it in standing position.

>Power Geyser is the same as KOF03. Can be followed with Double Geyser & Triple Geyser. The Triple Geyser has its own flash during execution, and quite long delay.
Interestingly, Triple Geyser can't be performed if the Double Geyser is blocked. So it's safe on block.

>KOF03 Buster Wolf, means that no follow up blast on block. B version travels very short distance, like A Burn Knuckle. D version travels full screen. Bith version comes out REALLY FAST. But looks like during advancing animation, Terry can pass through some ground projectiles. I managed to pass through Iori's Yami Barai. Very interesting.

>And finally, NO POWER STREAM! I've tried the Power Stream motion (QCB, HCF+AC) so many times, even I changed AC with BD, or with max gauge. The result is nothing. NO MORE POWER STREAM.

>Also I haven't tried Terry's old CD move, which were performed d/f+D on KOF03. Dunno if it still exist or not.

Actually, Terry's combo is almost the same with KOF03. So for people whom familiar with Terry on KOF03, shouldn't have serious problem performing the combos like:

Close C, d/f+C, ff+B, ff+B, Super Cancel into Triple Geyser (must have 3 stocks) or Buster Wolf.

Close D, ff+B, ff+B, Super Cancel into Triple Geyser (3 stocks & corner opponent) or Buster Wolf.

To conclude, Terry Bogard got improved from KOF03 & much better than before. Although there's different moves motion, Terry's player can easily adjust their gameplay.

Circular
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Circular » Sat Sep 10, 2005 18:34

I'm pretty sure from last night's play that Terry can combo standing far C into a D-Assault. Can anyone confirm?

GameFAQs Guest

Post by GameFAQs Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2005 13:04

I plaed this game again last saturday. I made some correction on my analysis.

Just a little correction for Terry Bogard.

> No more d/f+D

> Triple Geyser still can be performed even if Double Geyser is blocked. Triple Geyser also hit opponent on corner.

> Charge Kick can only be blocked low.

> Combos like C, d/f+C, ff+b 2x, SC into Triple Geyser works very well on corner. However, if performed on the middle of screen, there's a chance of third Geyser being miss on small size opponent.

>With precision timing, Double Geyser into 2 hit Buster Wolf can be successful on corner opponent.

>Standing far C is somehow cancelable. Just like Circular said, far C can be canceled into D-assault. I've tried it myself & it works.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:34

Don't forget

C, power dunk, brake, buster wolf.... this is a good combo because if the opponent is blocking, the recovery time for power dunk (brake) is not that bad.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Wed Oct 19, 2005 08:23

C, power dunk, brake, C ,power dunk, power wave works

and for some reason power geyser doesn't hit after C power dunk brake

i tried immediate and delaying it but the geyser won't hit

anyone quick enuff with combos can try this?

C, power dunk, brake, C, power geyser then buster wolf in corner

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 19, 2005 17:36

Frederick wrote:C, power dunk, brake, C ,power dunk, power wave works

and for some reason power geyser doesn't hit after C power dunk brake

i tried immediate and delaying it but the geyser won't hit

anyone quick enuff with combos can try this?

C, power dunk, brake, C, power geyser then buster wolf in corner
I haven't used Terry much in this version, but how does this combo sound?

C, AB, C, AB, power dunk, brake, C ,power dunk, power wave.

Heh, just thought the AB cancels would make the combo more seksi
:evil:

arre
Is it a bot?

Post by arre » Fri Oct 21, 2005 14:35

Anybody seen Terry's special D.A with Rock? I wonder if it's diffrent from the one you do with Rock or are the both doing the same thing?