Tung Fu Rue (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Tung Fu Rue (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:47

The short yet powerful geezer from the Fatal Fury series finally makes his mark in a crossover. Talk about him gameplay-wise here.

Tung's got a couple of new aerial specials in his disposal (a leg dive and a cross-chop dive) along with his other basic moves and the infamous Kamehameha-like level 3 he gained; which does some mighty fine chip damage.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:22

According to the tradition, reaching a very old age equals to prosperity and the "golden years". Tung Fu Rue seems to fit in that description.

Terry Bogard's and Geese Howard's master, expert in the sacred art of the 8 Limits Fist. Able to control his chi with absolute freedom, even when he's +70 years old, it seems that he wqn't to quit the "Active Service" announcement for now.

"Yare yare... today's boys don't know how to use correctly their chi"

He says that, while he watches the preliminar rounds of the Battle Coliseum.

"Oh well. This is a good chance to teach those kids how to fight properly".

Original translation by Nightlord.

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Xenogias » Thu Jul 28, 2005 17:34

Heh, thats pretty interesting. like a non-perverted Master Roshi. In fact I'd probably compare that guy to Oro now that I think about it.

From what i've seen on the videos, the guy looks like a beast (that SDM looks nasty).

Also I notice that his "Built" form is nothing but a mere image when he does that super move. Then I see him actually transform into that built guy that we've known from Fatal Fury, during some special moves... its kinda confusing.

But he looks damaging. I'd like to try the old man out in NBC.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Thu Aug 11, 2005 13:15

This week's NGBC video @ the official site is for Tung; so some random observations.

- Has both his old Dai Shou Ha (db, then f + C) and RB2 Shou Ha (qcf + A) Awesome.
- The C version of his Shen Shippo (qcb + C; the lunging forward dash punch) now does multiple hits (just like how it happened when you taunt with him in RB2 twice or 3 times, then do the special). Can combo his dp + K Ressen Kyaku in the corner.
- Diving kick seems to function like Akuma's.
- New level 3 super does a LOT of damage!
- His Geki Ha (muscelman transfromation move) does more hits and is comboable now...nice.
- Still has his RB2 P.Power, but it's now a level 1 + does less damage

Circular
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Circular » Sun Oct 02, 2005 04:56

Some things found during play:

Bread-and-butter combo: s.C -> f + C -> qcb + A.

Tung's "growth" move (mash C) is not only hilarious, it's a good answer to Mudman dive-kick pressure.

Like Terry, Tung can do s.C -> D-Assault.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 18:16

Circular wrote:Some things found during play:

Bread-and-butter combo: s.C -> f + C -> qcb + A.
qcb+C also works. AC (EX move) didn't though.
Circular wrote:Tung's "growth" move (mash C) is not only hilarious, it's a good answer to Mudman dive-kick pressure.
Don't know about countering Mudman but the mash P special is ok to use. It is SC-able as far as I've seen. But I don't know how useful it is. The 1-2times I did it the super didn't do much damage after the mash P special..... You for sure can use this special of Tung's for breaking free of any pressure or of a misstimed jump-in...
Circular wrote:Like Terry, Tung can do s.C -> D-Assault.
Can't everybody?

Oh yeah and something else: (air)qcb+C is totally crap isn't it? Far inferior to Mai's (air)qcb+P.... I wasn't able to link anything after (air)qcb+K either.... How the hell do you do proper damage with Tung???
Also is he more offensive or defensive?

--Blast

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Mon Oct 03, 2005 19:07

How I use him, is to generally zone with QCB+A, DP+K and try to land cross up jump D> C> f+C> qcb+P.

His got quite a strong air game with jump D and his various air specials.

QCB+A acts as a *sneeze* move. They do something, use QCB+A to hit them out of it.
Last edited by AcidicEnema on Fri Oct 07, 2005 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Circular
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Circular » Mon Oct 03, 2005 21:51

Blastrezz wrote:
Circular wrote:Like Terry, Tung can do s.C -> D-Assault.
Can't everybody?
Can everybody? Neat.

ultimate faust
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by ultimate faust » Sat Dec 09, 2006 20:21

if anybody really cares, im bored right now so ill tell yall some really creepy stuff with tung fu rue, to tell you the truth, hes almost as broke as kim if you have the effort and the luck to land ONE muscleman....
muscleman (tap punch) has a very unique feature that lets it hit WAYYYY more times than it should, making it literally one of the best moves in the game, it can be linked straight out of a hit confirmed dive kick, right after a crossup fierce kick or after is close up fierce kick into forward fierce punch..... it can also be used as an anti air...... though most people say well you can just DP him or just turtle, he also has an overhead, a grab, and a low, the only con about muscleman is that it cannot be connected from a low, or hed probably be near god tier....

this is my general strategy with my tung fu rue, my friends think it is bullshit, and ive had MULTIPLE people reconsider the tiers just because of THIS move........

ill try to explain the muscleman "trick" for everyone, whenever muscleman starts (when it connects), everyones first thought is to mash the buttons like mad, dont, instead just tap it three times, no matter what, youll notice if you tap the punch button thrice it will only nudge them back a lil bit instead of pushing them out of muscleman faster, and another thing you will notice that when muscleman connects, without tapping punch will result in 15+ whatever connected it with, soo... by knowing that, start tapping punch at 11 hits, (tap it 3 times) it will then result in knocking them back just a bit, reseting the amount it hits yet again, once you get the rythm of doing this after landing a muscleman, if the opponent is standing in front you, maximum you will get is 32 hits, almost HALF LIFE, and about 2 levels of bar... and they have about 1/10 red bar from getting bashed by a muscleman, so they really cant get their life back from getting hit from this attack, its crazy....

oh by the way, there is a way to make muscleman hit literally 70 times.... : \ ive done it multiple times before, its about 80% of the opponents life and instant lvl 3 meter.... they will have HARDLY any red meter to regain as well...

if you want to contact me about any questions or about anything i might have missed, i doubt ill ever check my PMs on this site, hit me up on aim at joee1122 or PM me on shoryuken at the same name ultimate faust.... peace..

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Wed Jul 04, 2007 04:35

I did that Tung trick you mentioned, after the amount of hits I hit punch 3 times and it continued on going.

But I'll be damned if I know how to continue it even further. Is it just waiting for the same amounts of hits then tapping punch 3 more times?

The muscleman trick must be the only way of doing a 100% combo with Tung. I tried going dragon kick and cancelling it into the level 3 super fireball then performing another dragon kick when the opponent comes down but I don't think the level3 super fireball is actually unblockable unless it hits them on the ground.

:o

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Wed Jul 04, 2007 16:30

It takes practice my friend..

You can get 38 hits off a crossover dive kick on their back if you tap it three times!

3 times at 11, 3 at 19, and 3 around 26-28.

I've got it down to a science where Tung is on my main team!!

Also get it down where you can do 30 hits as a meaty anti air!!

Use the A button as your choice of Anti Air MuscleMan with Tung. I've got a whole section of Tung/NGBC stuff here also..

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.ph ... ostcount=4

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Wed Jul 04, 2007 22:52

Okay I'll try what you said thanks.... :D

I sent you a PM as well.

ultimate faust

Post by ultimate faust » Wed Jul 04, 2007 23:37

yes, after it keeps going a little bit after the first time you tap punch 3 times do it again, it basically a rhythm, the max you can get from a jumping D crossup is 57 hits.. but usually just 31 based on whether or not you get a counter hit (you will notice, because the opponent will have thier back to you while they are in Muscleman) but that only happens in rare situations.... basically my game with tung fu rue now is the very turtly type, tung has no range, not many options to get you with muscleman and only a handful of tricks..... all of these tricks tho have a great use. and on further notice, you are more than likelly gonna have a rough time hitting a really good player with MM. just basically because we will try to shut you off from using it, (running away, turtle then DP, ALWAYS hitting low on wake up) a basic strat that i usually use with tung is just sit there most of the time and c. A ALOT, this shows the opponent that he CANNOT jump in on you (tap A two more times and AA MM, about 38% life, 30 hits..) so, either they try to dash in or they jump and eat it, when they dash in, is when the charge back, forward C moves comes in handy. or, his QCB+ A OR C move.

tung also has another game that works well against characters that like to rush and poke rush and poke, just defend them, eventually, they will try to grab you, this is what you want, if you can see where they are gonna try to throw you, jump straight up, dive kick into MM, fuck your grabs.... seriously... this puts a whole new game against tung.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Thu Jul 05, 2007 00:48

I got the 1st 3 parts of the muscleman trick off now.

I tryed doing the same thing with the opponent jumping but they keep falling out of it.

Also I find it easyer to do the hcf a(?) air spin from a super jump since it hits more times on the opponent to set the M trick up.

Why dont you lot do a Tung Muscleman trick tutorial video since I noticed at youtube theres a Kyo and Cyberwoo tutorial? I suppose the japanese players already know this trick now?

ultimate faust

Post by ultimate faust » Thu Jul 05, 2007 23:03

that sounds like a good idea.... i should try to make a vid with both me and dark geeses knowledge of tung fu rue.... i shall consult with him about it, ill try to let you know as well when and if we make one ^.^