Mr.Karate (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Mr.Karate (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:39

Taking the helm from his own father, Ryo dons a black gi like in Buriki One and is named the 2nd Mr.Karate.

Strangely enough, he still has his KoF fireball and Haoh-Shokoken, even though he doesn't have it in Buriki One. His qcb + P has a new animation while his Ryuko Ranbu is now a Level 2 super.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:03

Mr. Karate:

Always together with Robert Garcia, they're the "Tiger and the Dragon" of the Kyokugenryu Style, both of them with equal capabilities and trajectories in karate.

Nowadays, he lives his life peacefully as one of the instructors of the Kyokugenryu dojo, and it's been a long time since he entered a fighting tournament.

But those persons close to the dojo ujnderstand this very well: This combat school aims to the perfection, but it needs something to grow up.

The Battle Coliseum aperture letter had been received since january, and the martial arts world is excited and happy due to one single new.

The Invincible Dragon fights again.

Mr. Karate goes beyond the biggest limits!

Original translation by Nightlord.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Aug 30, 2005 13:37

Ryo's movelist in short:

f+A: Karate chop as per usual
f+B: Upper body parry as per usual
df+B: Lower body parry as per usual

qcf+P: Fierball
hcb+P: qcb+P of Ryo redrawn
dp+P: Uppercut
hcb+K: Something like Takuma's hcb+K in 2k2 (B version is like Takuma's too)
db,f+K: Ryo's old hcb+K
dp+K: Ryo's qcf+K
f,d,f+P: Same

f,hcf+P: HSKK
qcf,hcb+P: Ryuuko Ranbu
qcf,hcb+K: No hitstun super
\- Followup super (forgot motion)
qcfx2+P: Ryo's qcfx2+P

Mr. Karate is a very solid character IMHO. I still can't find any of the fancy stuff that Kyo has in him, but overall he's a solid character who can hold his own against many opponents. To me he seems like the same old Ryo with a few new moves.

New hcb+P move seems to have a longer autoguard, and I think that move blocked Mizuchi's multihit projectile thingy fully when I fought against him.

His close C seems to have very little range because when I do jump D into C, far C comes out instead and it's not cancellable.

His new hcb+K is actually a good move, the D version travels around halfscreen if I reckon. As for the old version sometimes it comes out even when I just do a normal hcf+K. I'm not sure why.

His new super where he doesn't have any hitstun is still to be figured out for me. After the super he still gets hit. So I think it works like his parry, but I did see the CPU use the super and didn't get any hitstun. And he can do some sort of followup after this super, I never tried it however.

qcfx2+P's C version has a rather long charging time. That means Ryo takes about one second to do the punch. I haven't hit anybody with this version though, since when it comes out the opponent blocks. Very hard move. A version is instant, but I forgot whether it dizzies the opponent or not.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Tue Aug 30, 2005 13:48

His new super where he doesn't have any hitstun is still to be figured out for me.
I believe this is the Buriki One inspired super that some have been talking about. You'll have to follow this motion, according to the Arcadia scans with the full movelists with:

f, uf, f, f, df, uf, uf

There's another followup to this chain that can be done by pressing forward after the last hit, but costs a stock. Reason why you see it's motions instead of button presses is because Buriki One had reversed controls; you attack with the directional pad, while you move with the A-B-C-D buttons, I think.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Aug 30, 2005 13:58

The last follow up of his *violent ranbu* is a haohshokoken.

Hcb punch is SCable.

Tenchi Hahoken does not seem to ba able to dizzy people.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Sep 01, 2005 13:46

From Empyrian:

Ryo, oops Mr Karate and Robert's Special d-assaults

Ryo: After a Qcf*2 punch, Hcf*2 AE.
Robert: After a Qcb*4 kick, Hcb*2 CE.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Sep 06, 2005 14:24

Ryo's normal moves are fast and high priority this year.

In addition to that, his damage level is quite high.

Quite a terror when up close.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Sep 07, 2005 01:01

Best thing is you can also combo with his d-assault. I managed to do jump c, stand c, into the special d-assault a couple of times on opponents

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 21:36

Correct me if I'm mistaken but this is the first time he can do c.B, c.A xx qcf+A :D
Which is nice. Nothing too get toooo excited about but I always waited for him to be able to connect his qcf+P after a light attack.
Have to be quick for it to do the 3 hits, though.

Btw. I think you can forget about qcf+C in NGBC.... too slow almost no more range than the A version and slow.

If done correctly I think hcb+P can be absused and hit-confirmably be SCed into this Ryuuko Ranbu for example.
DPs are good as always, hcb+K is very close to goodness of Takuma's in KOF2k2.

I still wonder (didn't pay attention closely) whether n.c/D xx hcb+K or hcf+K does more damage.....

--Blast

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Oct 04, 2005 02:37

Blastrezz wrote:Correct me if I'm mistaken but this is the first time he can do c.B, c.A xx qcf+A :D
Which is nice. Nothing too get toooo excited about but I always waited for him to be able to connect his qcf+P after a light attack.
Have to be quick for it to do the 3 hits, though.

Btw. I think you can forget about qcf+C in NGBC.... too slow almost no more range than the A version and slow.

If done correctly I think hcb+P can be absused and hit-confirmably be SCed into this Ryuuko Ranbu for example.
DPs are good as always, hcb+K is very close to goodness of Takuma's in KOF2k2.

I still wonder (didn't pay attention closely) whether n.c/D xx hcb+K or hcf+K does more damage.....

--Blast
Check out the match videos I had with T.T recently. I did abuse the hcb +P but got abused back by gcsf. Sometimes I mixed it up by doing the qcfx2 +p special when I thought he was going to do gcsfm but its still a risk.

c.B, c.C, qcf +A is another alternative... yes it still does work although its not as easy as in kof2k2.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by christensenray » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:08

^^
I still cant do that in 2k2. :-(

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Oct 04, 2005 15:33

christensenray wrote:^^
I still cant do that in 2k2. :-(
heh, ray that's nothing compared to s.C, f.A, HDSM (YAH all done in normal Mode) in kof2002

Main reason why Ryo is so strong in this version is he has both takuma's Uber hcb kicks and his own dp uppercut. But take note thou, alot of Ryo's move can be GCFS

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Oct 05, 2005 00:53

Derrick wrote:Main reason why Ryo is so strong in this version is he has both takuma's Uber hcb kicks and his own dp uppercut. But take note thou, alot of Ryo's move can be GCFS

actually, if im not mistaken, all of them can be gcfs'ed and punished in some way or another:

hcb B/D - yes, even B version if timed properly
hcb A/C - definetly
qcf A/C - as long as you're not pushed too far from ryo, you can punish the A version as well
dp A/C - no-brainer :P

but he is strong mainly because he's another solid character if you play your cards right, meaning not abusing just one single move repeatedly :P

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:12

~!T.T!~ wrote:
Derrick wrote:Main reason why Ryo is so strong in this version is he has both takuma's Uber hcb kicks and his own dp uppercut. But take note thou, alot of Ryo's move can be GCFS

actually, if im not mistaken, all of them can be gcfs'ed and punished in some way or another:

hcb B/D - yes, even B version if timed properly
hcb A/C - definetly
qcf A/C - as long as you're not pushed too far from ryo, you can punish the A version as well
dp A/C - no-brainer :P

but he is strong mainly because he's another solid character if you play your cards right, meaning not abusing just one single move repeatedly :P
So true! T.T punished me with the gcfs to almost every technique I did. The problem with ryo is that most of his techniques are high damage but high lag as well. To get around this you have to have good mind games and mix it up. The most abusable technique is actually hcb +b because it is stationary...

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:25

heh, ray that's nothing compared to s.C, f.A, HDSM (YAH all done in normal Mode) in kof2002
which i'm yet to see you pull off yet ric. :razz:

Anyways, what about that weird super Ryo has? Anyone experimented with that yet? I keep stuffing it up. :oops:

And ric, if you gloat again, i'll be forced to kick ur ass with my Kyo/Iori team again... :P :D