Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Iori Yagami (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:34

...Yeah. You know him already.

Gameplay discussion and how much he didn't change in NGBC goes right here.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 16:03

from what i've heard so far, same old same old.....

but still on word on his saika followup????

oh, and some of his palletes are absolutely attrocious.......goddamn :-P

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 13:07

Has a new DM - qcf x2 k, I think. He hops up really high, and if you manage to land on your opponent, he goes beserk, similiar to SvC:s Exceed attack.

As mentioned in the Kyo thread, Iori has a special tag out with Kyo - in Iori:s case, the activation requirement is that you hit your opponent with his eight wine cups (qcb hcf p) super.

His special tag out is then done with qcf x2 CE.

Again, once you fulfill the requirement, you have about 8 seconds to do the special tag out.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 13:14

Fnarking hell, Gun, why did you enable guest posting ><

The last post was mine. I:m a gonna spam this message in all of the last few messages I made.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Aug 30, 2005 13:40

New super's motion is qcf,hcb+K! It's pretty crappy though. Iori jumps freaking high and not very far, something like Kyo's RED Kick in CvS. It's unblockable but he must hit you on the ground, in the air you can interrupt that super easily. It *might* be an OTG move though. Can somebody please try for me? :o
I think Iori's weaker in this game, I heard that the invincibility in his dp+P is totally gone now. The loss of a hop hurts Iori in a way that he can't jump like a maniac and pressure with that strategy.
I can't do Saika after Maiden Masher. I think it's gone in this game.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 14:19

I played, its kinda hard to pressure with Iori without small hop, worse still considering his priority is considered pretty low compared to alot other characters with insane ground priority(AHEM. KISARAH AHEM.)

J]-[UN

Post by J]-[UN » Thu Sep 01, 2005 18:14

His dp isnt so hot, but he can pressure just by staying close and whoring StandC (the close C version) and dwnA.

Maiden Masher doesnt seem to combo with Stand C or fwdA now???

Don't know how to followup with a decent combo after scum gale as well...

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Thu Sep 01, 2005 19:13

Isn't his new DM have the same value as Vice's withering surface DM (qcf x2 + A)? Trully a shame that such finese good looking DM is not as usefull as should be :mad:

J]-[UN

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Sep 02, 2005 15:28

ROFL his fireball is an OTG now....

qcbA x3, then do a fireball..

dpA, if opponent doesn't recover in time then he eats a free fireball...

After MaidenMasher, throw a fireball...(the new FREE followup!)

Damn cute

InFeCt|oN
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by InFeCt|oN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 14:40

wtf do I follow hcbf+P with?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Sep 03, 2005 14:43

after iori's scum gale, far C, qcb CX3 does not work anymore (as everyone would've guessed by now)......i managed to quickly run forward and do close stand C, qcb C X3 though, but it was on the AI and so im not sure if it was attempting to block or not

also, his ya otome works after the command grab

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Tue Sep 06, 2005 08:41

So, the special Iori/Kyo super is qcfx2+CE? You sure? And it has to be done after wine bottles super. Can it hit in the air? Coz my WB super tends to hit jumpers.

Also, sC, f+A, Ya Otomoe DOES still work, I did it. I guess, if done in corner, it could probably be followed up by qcf+A, Ya Otomoe again. Anyone tried it?

Any strats for connecting the Iori/Kyo supers? Either one would be nice. I posted a strat on Kyo thread that I thought might work, I'll try tonight.

frionel

Post by frionel » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:23

His has a good invincibility during his eight wine cup, so you can easily avoid attacks and counter with it...

And you can also freeze juming oponents, and if timed well, you can stop them close to the ground to link with the special D-assault...

Last way is to counter a fireball with it...

Maybe there are other ways, i'll try to find them by playing more with Iori...

I had also a lot of trouble by linking anything after his command grab O_o, also the dash C --> combo, the opponent always guard it... Are you sure that you can link the Ya otme DM? Maye I was on the wrong timming (sure that's it's not the 2K3 one...)...

Does anyone tried to trap with a blocked eight wine cups and to follow with his new vice style DM just a the end of the recovery?? (the distance of the DM change depending on B or D version)

Does Iori have any SDM?? (sorry I still don't have a relyable command list, waiting for the mook...)

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Tue Sep 13, 2005 02:20

I'm having second thoughts bout whether sC, f+A, DM connects now. I havnt been able to get DM to come out after f+A since i last posted, so maybe it doesnt connect after all. I might've been dreaming before. Will keep trying, but have been busy using other characters.

Derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Sep 13, 2005 14:08

don't think it connects, I have tried Jump forward B (Overlap), C, foward A, special (C and A versions) both don't seem to connect.

you can however, cancel ur hcb Kick into special.