Kyo Kusanagi (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by christensenray » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:47

I've tried tapping B like crazy (the secrets out now, i can talk about it), but it doesnt work for me. Is there a rhythm, or an amount of times to press it, or a certain time?

Does punches really work? That would work better for me, i tap A, C, like mad when doing Yama's DM in 2k2.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 05:54

BTW, have anyone noticed Kyo's f+B?

It see to have more range and always hits 2 hit AFAIK when canceled. And we all know 2 hit stuns a whole deal of time.

Crouch B Crouch A f+B connects too, 4 hits. You can continue with other stuff(Which I don'y really know what to continue).

Next, AC Tactical Step, anyone played with it? It seem to be the thing in NGBC to prolong combos from what I see.

Just a random though, I never really tried.

Crouch B, Crouch A, f+B(The stun should be long), AB(Cancel), C, QCF+C, QCF+C, QCF+A, QCF+K, HCB+C, HCB+D, [dp+Ax3] or [dp+C, QCF,QCF+C]

The main deal of this thing is that it starts from a crouch poke. Just some random though, don't know if it acctually work.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Oct 01, 2005 13:14

I don't think you can tactical step a command move....

So be satisfied with a down b, down a, fwd B, Orochinagi, I suppose.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 17:24

Oh... Oh well. Just a random thought heh.

Any help on crouch B Crouch A f+B? Sometimes it does QCF+B,B though. I did return it to neutral then to forward.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:14

Empyrian wrote:I don't think you can tactical step a command move....

So be satisfied with a down b, down a, fwd B, Orochinagi, I suppose.
Empyrian is right. You cant AB a command move.

I also found out something interesting. When opponent is in the corner Kyo can stand C, qcf +D, D, qcb hcf +p and end with two dp+As.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 06:31

^
Ouch.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:48

Flashy but not much extra damage. I spose every little bit counts tho. dpA seems to be able to connect to pretty much anything that leaves a person in the air, juggled or not. And then seems to connect to itself as long as you keep the opp. above the ground.
If only we had a Ryo striker... :evil:

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 08:17

Upon experiment, I found that HCB+B isn't SCable anymore, and dp+P is SCable.

Upon reading the Arcadia scans, it stats that
HCB+D is super cancelable in the first few frames
dp+C is super cancelable in the first hit in the first few frames
QCF+A(Aragami) is SCable too... O_O.

However, I did manage to pull of dp+A -> QCF,QCF+P many times. So yeah, arcadia scans might not be accurate.

Thought HCB+D was SCable too, just didnt' try. What surprised me is that aragami is SCable, which was a surprise. HCB+D and dp+C can SC into any of kyo's DM, QCF+A only into kyo's MuShiki and Orochinagi.

O.o.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 15:29

I noticed. Crouch B Crouch A QCF+B,B is totally safe.

If it gets blocked, just delay the second B. If he tries to do anything(seldom, and its hard too), just tap it and it comes out instantly. He gets hit. Else delay the second B till near the end of the allowed timeframe. If done correctly, you just touch the ground as the second B comes out, and you're totally free to move. Its a safe crouch combo. VERY SAFE. I only noticed the usefulness of delaying the second B today XD.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 02:06

I know when to tap punch for it to work. I think tapping A B C or D would work, but didn't try it out.

After everything, theres a short lag near the end, during that lag, tap.

vtu22_2
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by vtu22_2 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 09:08

He's defintely top tier in my books considering his counterparts from some KOF series! =)

Anyways, I don't think anyone has mentioned this before, but Kyo can do this: Jump C, stand C, QCF + D WITHOUT the opponent in the corner!

I've been playing the king of fighters series and usually Kyo can't do this combo unless the opponent is in the corner. Don't know how useful this move is anymore since he's got a new chain combo.

His new chain combo (QCF + C, QCF + C, QCF + A, QCF + B, HCB + C) is very effective. If the opponent is too far for Kyo to execute his HCB + D after the new chain, I always do QCF + A, HCF + A, F + A just because it reaches the opponent and takes just as much damage.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:11

Kyo can do that in 2k3, as well as the previous KOFs. The first hit would usually hit(Unless he is too too far), the second hit would hit only if he hits the jump C really really close.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:13

After Kyo's new chain, i find it best to either DA to confirm the damage in the red meter, or to dp+C xx qcfx2+C if opp is low on life, to finish off.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 02:34

Having problem doing dp+C -> QCF,QCF+P... >_>. BTW, does aragami sc? Arcadia scans say so and can cancel into mushiki but I can't do it X_X

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Nov 02, 2005 05:33

Qcf A does cancel into Mushiki but I never got it to combo. XD

In fact, I read somewhere that if you can DP punch SC to Orochinagi as anti air consistently, Kyo basically shuts down your aerial options.