Mars People (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Mars People (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:08

The infamous aliens from Metal Slug have not only invaded SvC Chaos but this game as well. Discussion, as usual, about it's gameplay goes here.

Not much has changed for it so far, except that its Roswell Vanish has become a tad slower.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:18

MAAPI-kun, Saito san, in the 3rd quarter asked an order of ramen!"

"PIPO (ok...)"

Thanks to Marco Rossi, the martian plans of Worldwide Invasion failed. One of the things... excuse me!... one of the Mars People was stuck on planet Earth, with no chances to go back to its own world. Now he lives and works in a restaurant in the Suita market, in Osaka.

In the beginning, the barrier of language was impossible to dodge, but thanks to his tentacles he was able to use the corporal language efficiently and that helped him a lot. Now he can be understood by all the staff of the restaurant and he gets along with them very well.

Today was a very busy and tiring day, he takes his bandana off and he removes the announcement located out of the restaurant and he relaxes while taking some beer with the owner of the place. The owner says "PIRRI..."

"If WAREZ helps you, maybe you could go back to Mars"

The owner gives him a ticket for the preliminar fights, and tells him "go..."

"POPIPIO (boss...)"

The Mars People takes the ticket, trying to hide his tears... maybe, with this, he'll be able to reunite with his race, at Mars.

Original translation by Nightlord.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 09:01

No love for Mars People? Alot of arcades already have him if I'm not wrong...

Anyway, anyone played him? How is he different from his SVC form? Personally, Mars was an interesting play in SVC...

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Oct 03, 2005 14:38

A good combo plus somewhat easy to hit cos it crossesup

HCBx2 +K, dp +D, Jump C

he also has stand a, hcb +C

not much combos with mars people, plays more like dhalsim

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:52

I picked him up today and I got to say, I LIKE HIM(Or it). =)

I shall use It to describe Mars People.

A makes normal Green Mars people
B makes a yellow-ish mars people(I think)
C makes a really awesome Black(Or dark grey, very dark grey) Mars people with red eyes
D makes a red mars people which looks like hes being cooked XD.

Its moves have VERY little recovery, although most of them have killer start up lags. However, Mars isn't meant for combo. It is killerific in certain ways:

1) Crouch A is "Big Lite". Yes. Canclable, Quick, Ranged, HIGH PRIORITY. You can chain 4~ of them together easily.
2) dp+B is really fast, very good anti air as well as spam.
3) Monsterous range and speed for Stand D, very good range poker.
4) He owns the air in terms of range. Priority is pretty top too, though still loses out to nakoruru. The range makes up for it. Its "2k2 Billy" again!

It is an excellent zoner, and have a few mind games too.

Crouch A Crouch A Crouch A Crouch A (Crouch B), QCF+B.

Crouch B is optional.

Crouch A Crouch A Crouch A Crouch D.

Crouch A can link into Crouch D.

Mix HCF+B or Crouch D around, it works decently well. Crouch D when blocked, is a really safe move because you/your opponent gets pushed back alot.

Crouch A Crouch A Crouch A Crouch A, dp+B, repeat. Very very good zoning tool. Mix in a few QCF+P, QCF+B, Crouch D, its really good.

His main tool is spam his Crouch A x 3~4. At least for me.

Now I shall go on to eleborating on each of his normal moves:
Stand A - Decent range, quick poke.
Jump A - A decent jump poke.
Crouch A - As described, ownage.

Stand B - Similar to kyo's stand B with more priority and lower height. Very useful in extending your crouch pokes range.
Jump B - Good downward angle and range.
Crouch B - Hits low as expected, a little slow startup so not that chainable. Cancelable AFAIK.

Stand C - Too slow. Good range though.
Jump C - Very good Air to Air. Compared to Jump D, it has more horizontal range. Similar to Jump D.
Crouch C - Works sort of like an anti air, but I seldom use it.
To be exact, I seldom use C at all unless in air.

Stand D - Very good. Good range and height, decent speed.
Jump D - Very good Air to Ground. Compared to Jump C, it has more vertical range, lesser horizontal range. Similar to Jump C.
Crouch D - Quick Startup. Can be comboed after a crouch A. When blocked, keeps you at a safe distance. When whiffed, prepare for heavy recovery lag.

db+D - GUARD BREAKER!!! Unlike its SVC counterpart, this one doesnt travel that far. Instead, it moves forward abit, spins for about 4-5 hits, then backwards. Relatively safe move, can be cancled from crouch A to make your opponent guard break. If it fully gets blocked, about 3/8 of the guard break bar is taken, near to half.

Now I shall talk about his special moves:
QCF+P - Like SVC, QCF+A shoots a straight fireball that increases speed over time. QCF+C shoots one with slower speed but ocsillates up and down.

QCF+K - Good overhead move. I like it =). QCF+B is really fast, range is very good too, can easily catch people off guard. QCF+D on the other hand is a good tool to approach the enemy from far. Not advisable to use QCF+D near, because chances are you'll jump over the opponent instead.

dp+K - dp+B has fast startup, fast recovery. It doesn't hit as often as in SVC, for the hits to hit when he comes down, the opponent has got to be in a very specific position. Most of the time, only hits while going up. For dp+D, it has some bad startup and recovery, but it travels further, and can ensue more hits. When the hits while coming down hit, you can followup with dp+B again, or db+D, or any other thing that would come out fast enough to hit.

Close, HCB+P - Command Grab. Though it lacked horizontal range unlike its SVC counterpart, it is very fast and has very fast recovery. Nothing too bad, having a command grab is always a good thing =).

rdp+P - Very nerfed. Its too slow, and hardly hits anything. Its been slowed down, invinsibility frames are gone, and the opponent need to get more into the "flames" to get hit, unlike SVC where touching the edge would get you hit. So far, its too unreliable to be used. Recovery is bad too. A version leaves you back at where you are. C version teleports you to behind where your opponent is when you used it.

The List of Humongous DMs!
HCF,HCF+P - UFO DM from SVC. Unlike SVC's counterparts, this one can be blocked, and smaller rings are fired. When 3 rings are fired, the UFO will go back up. Quite some post-startup lag. When you activate it, it'll come, but Mars will have some lag there. Though when you are hit during the lag, the UFO still comes.

HCB,HCB+P - Similar to SVC "Mini Mars" DM, where tons of mini mars appears flying and juggles the opponent. Except this time, it seem to not come out nicely, the way they come out, not all of them would hit unlike in SVC, and it may even come out off screen for the first round of flying minis.

d,d+AC - 3 Stocks super, SVC's Roswell DM. The UFO falling down. Except this time, it falls straight on the opponent. And its equally fast, does quite a tinge of damage too. Probably comboable from stuff too.

QCB,QCB+K - New DM, Mars does a quick hop over the opponent, while firing a ring that is similar to those fired froim the UFO, at its peak. If positioned well, can be hard to block(Fired just after he passes the opponent, making him have to block the other way).

d,d,+BD - New DM. I call it: The EGG DM! Quite abit of startup, but its good(Use when opponent is tagging ect). Mars stands and about 6-7 eggs pop out 2 by 2 of its... Mouth. Yes. Mouth. If he gets hit while the egg pops up, no more eggs will pop out, but those out will continue their action. These eggs will hatch after a second or so, forming... Mini Mars. They will all dash towards the opponent, and explode as it hits. If the egg is off screen when mars uses it, it wont come. So yeah, for best effect, make sure none is off screen. When hit, the opponent will be covered in... Green Flame. Say hi to Ash =). I bet thats where he gets his Green Flames XD. Anyhow, this is a useful DM, summon the eggs, jump behind opponent, see him burn because he can't block.

Downside of Mars people is that it doesn't have any combos that can turn the tables, as far as I know. But its a character that can catch players by surprise, as well as zone them, corner them, and kill them slowly. Not recommended for playing against CPU because it has nothing that can kill the CPU quick <_<.

Yes, Mars is a VERY VERY fun character, and can be good. I managed to own and annoy Beast00 with my Mars People today =). Anyone from SG seeing some red/white shirt guy playing Mars People at AMK FunLand arcade, thats me ^_^.

EDIT: Changed =)
Last edited by Ratix0 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 05:39, edited 1 time in total.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Nov 04, 2005 00:10

Ratix0 wrote:Downside of Mars people is that it doesn't have any combos that can turn the tables, as far as I know. But its a character that can catch players by surprise, as well as zone them, corner them, and kill them slowly. Not recommended for playing against CPU because it has nothing that can kill the CPU quick <_<.
Try the combo I posted above. Its definitely a table turner, especially since you can do it again immediately after and usually the opponent gets confused. The damage is about 40% for the 1 combo

and you got the mini-mars and ring special mixed up. The ring special uses K and the mini mars uses P

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Nov 04, 2005 03:01

Yeah, combos after supers is what Mars is all about. You shouldn't be standing around watching while d,d+BD hits. Link a A,command grab after it. Add close C's during it.

Pink mars people is the only one worth playing anyway.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Nov 04, 2005 08:35

Ratix0 wrote:
Yes, Mars is a VERY VERY fun character, and can be good. I managed to own and annoy Beast00 with my Mars People today =). Anyone from SG seeing some red/white shirt guy playing Mars People at AMK FunLand arcade, thats me ^_^.

EDIT: Changed =)
Here's hoping that we can see you guys there today. XD
Just because he is fun does not make him good to use. :p

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 08:48

I'm not there today but I'll be at bugis tomorrow. Maybe lol.

Hes fun to use, and can be deadly against players who doesn't know how to play mars, or can't deal with Mars' big lite Crouch A.

Mars is definitely nowhere top tier, but I think the current tier list of Mars being so low is unjustified. >_>. Mars is a maniac when you manage to corner someone, and its not something very though because it has some ridiculous range.

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by G-Product » Thu Aug 03, 2006 23:31

yes it seems just mostly everything was covered. will here's a move list

Body Tosses
Million Leg Lariat - Near opponent, press back or forward + C + D

Unique Moves
Mars Slider - press df + D

Special Moves
Mars Shot - qcf + A or C
Roswell Vanish - rdp + A or C
Plasma Abduction - Near opponent, hcb + A or C
Area 801 - qcf + B or D
Plasma Spin - dp + B or D(SC)

Super Desperation Moves
Independence Day My Bleem! - hcfx2 + A or C
MP12 - hcbx2 + A or C
Bronze After - qcbx2 + B or D
Flatwoods March - Press d, d + B + D (requires 2 stocks)
Tungus Incident - press d, d + A + C (requires 3 stocks)

Here's what was changed from SVC

Jump attacks were faster, less recovery. In NGBC u can combo off of jump attack yay how great is that. Dont worry it's not that great lol.

Plasma Spin only hits on the way up or way down outside of the corner. D version can SCed off 1st hit

Area 801 has a tendency to whiff mover

Plasma Abduction can no longer be comboed from strong attacks

Crouching A is now spammable

His Mars Slider is now his crouching D. So his crouching D from SVC is no w a command move and it cannot be cancelled

Lost his Hopping Knee and Head-Butt command moves

Space ship has slower start-up. Now the ship comes down from the screen then moves forward. Rings are now over-heads, and are smaller. But if one hits then the rest will hit and give u a possible free juggle combo. But Marz Peepz cannot move until the last ring hits. And the last ring will NOT extend to the very other side of the screen it will stop about a character's length away from the corner. Horrible start-up and recover. Not remotely worth the bar

Teleport lost tremendous priority. No longer invincible on start-up, Mars is not invincible until he has fully disappeared. Smaller hit-box, wont combo due to this. Lost the unblockable. New motion. Alos when done with C, Peepz moves forward, before he moved backward. WTF.

His regualr throw has more recovery I'll get more into this later.

His normals are much faster

the flying aliens super jsut fuckin sux. The pattern they fly in was hugelfy nerfed. The 1st wave may hit but good luck with the last 2 waves lol my god. Alot more recovery. Just about one wave will connect in the corner. Due to the huge amount of recovery it's harder to juggle afterwards, still possible not not near as easy. Lost his infinite juggle from it. I can verify it because this super just fuckin sux!!!! DO NOT USE IT!!!!

Tungus Incident requires 3 bars. Lost the version that lands behind him.

New super Bronze After and Flatwoods March.

Combos

Crouching Ax3, Mars Slider

Crouching A, Plasma Abduction (C)

he has the corner Plasma Spin juggles but not like u will really get those off anyway. But u can juggle with Tungus Incident anywhere on screen after either strength Plasma Spin

Bronze After, juggle with Plasma Spin (B) or Roswell Vanish

In NGBC they want u to utilize his normals more. Alot of his strengths were removed in NGBC makin him D tier (poor Marz Peepz :cry: ) those SNKP fuckers! Now I can go on in how great he is in SVC thoguh I'd guess he prolly made C tier at least. But anyway. I would base your game on mix-ups stemming from his BnB crouching Ax3. Spammable poke string and verfiable combo starter.

Now his throw. Before in SVC his throw lead to a sorta 50/50 unblockable. His throw leaves the opponent in backwards state so they're subject to cross-up's then. And the recovery was none. So u would basically buffer a MP12 during the throw. And the opponent had maybe liek 1/3 a frame to block. Cause once they begin get up the MP12 is already connecting. Cant avoid all except blocking it. And now do the horrib recovery on his throw this is gone
:tallies a mark on the why NGBC Marz Peeps blows donkey shit list:

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by G-Product » Fri Sep 01, 2006 04:58

I found how ol Mars Peepz has juggle reset like Kula & Oswald in XI.

Hit an airborne opponent with any cancelable strong attack and combo into Tungus Incident ( d, d + A + C). And this works to your advantage since the Tungus wont hit as an OTG. You can also hit an opponent with an air-to-air C or D. Land and connect Tungus.

This then provides Mars Peepz with a good AA option
Standing close D, Tungus
crouching C, Tungus

While the above are his main ground Tungus combos as well.

Also if any strength Mars Shot hits an airborne opponent, you can juggle with Tungus as well.

Just a shame it's not an over-head anymore and crouching B isn't cancelable like in SVC. Cause before the BnB was
Crouching Bx2, Tungus. Along with the low attack and over-head u can understand why it's good. Just do the math.