Robert Garcia (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Robert Garcia (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 09:03

AoF's popular 2nd main character gets his crossover chance, with a nice new look to him as well. Gameplay stuff regarding him goes here.

Robert's back to his chargie form which was evident in both KoF '99 and 2000, with having a high and low fireball for some possible mindgames. His anti-air is still his Ryuu Zanshou and he still has his Genei-Kyaku, while all his basic supers are in his disposal (Though we dunno if his lvl 3 would be the super he'd got in KOF'03). Will the charge times be good in this game to help him out enough? We'll see.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:04

KK note: I'll warn you. This story may have some translation errors, but that's because Robert talks in a weird japanese dialect :/

The powerful Tiger of the Kyokugenryu.

That was his nickname before, he has the responsibility of being one of the main pillars of the school, and he had been training and studying for a lot of years, but currently his passion for combats has faded down, compared with other times.

"This very quiet life, like a marriage (??!! did he get married or he's simply lazy?), with peace and tranquility... it's not bad, right, Ryo?"

But that quiet life was interrupted with an announcement: "Ryo Sakazaki will join the Battle Coliseum! The Invincible Dragon will fight again!". Robert felt ashamed

"I thought Ryo was in his climax, but he's still surpassing himself!"

The Raging Tiger wakes up after a long dream. The Tiger and the Dragon once again at the Battle Coliseum!

Original translation by Nightlord.

KoFFreaK
Charging...99%
Charging...99%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by KoFFreaK » Wed Aug 17, 2005 20:54

Looking from the video, his upper and lower fireballs can be abused, and it seems that his lower fireball cancels into his DM, am I wrong? It looks as though his f+A kick was slowed down a bit, but it looks just as effective(I use it a lot in kof 2002). Lets just see how he turns out :smile:

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 15:36

well, the supercancelling of his fireball looks like it's part of the system

and robert seems to be an athena on steroids.....those high/low fireballs are beastly....and his pressure game seems somewhat decent, especially with his overhead

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:03

Both his fireballs can be cancelled, but his low fireball can hit crouching opponents (duh)

Anyways its a kof like shortcut to do the combo easily, just remember you need to charge for the fireball, so

crouching a x2, back b, hcf d, hcb +p

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Vice Vecta » Wed Aug 31, 2005 19:35

IMHO, I hate the guile-like Robert! There's nothing like the pre-99 versions of him and the 2001/2002 ones. :P

The NGBC Robert looks a bit cheap. As I have seen in the videos, he's too much into the Ryugekki-kens rather than an offensive gameplay. I guess the lack of close-in moves gave him the cancel in his ryugekki-kens, but oh well... even that before I used to prefer Robert rather than Ryo, in NGBC I guess I'l change sides and use more Ryo instead. :-(

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Sep 01, 2005 13:45

From Empyrian:

Ryo, oops Mr Karate and Robert's Special d-assaults

Ryo: After a Qcf*2 punch, Hcf*2 AE.
Robert: After a Qcb*4 kick, Hcb*2 CE.

J]-[UN

Post by J]-[UN » Thu Sep 01, 2005 18:17

Not cheap, just overpowered...

Can play turtle from far...can play beatdown when near.

Don't ever get cornered by Robert, his high-low mixups are insanely damaging, just block CD pr something and regain the pace ASAP. U cant even risk an escape dash cos all his pokes/ moves comes out fast

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Sun Feb 12, 2006 13:03

Ne body knows the exact timing 2 do his back+a, db+a, back+b, hcf+d, hcb+a on crouching opponents???? Connecting back+a(overhead) to db+a is pretty hard ne suggestions??