Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
K' (NGBC)

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jun 11, 2005 05:30

Hey, someone has to stick up for the KOF characters. :X

He'll probably be my first pick - looks like he's about the same as his 2K3 incarnation, which is to say, stupidly easy to use.

The lack of hops in this game might prevent him from whoring hop D a la 2K3 for offensive pressure, so I'm thinking he'll probably be more suited to a more defensive/poking game.

Thoughts?

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Wed Jul 13, 2005 06:12

Personally, I preferred the old style K' to the 2003 version, though it does have its charms... However, I absolutely despised the manner in which they toned down all fo his DMs to force the use of Heaven's Drive (Heat Drive doesn't guard break; Chain Drive is SDM only, and Second Shell has so much recovery that the easiest thing to do is do it in the corner and immediately do a Heaven's Drive). Hopefully, his other DMs will get a little strength back. I won't mind if Heaven's Drive is toned down a little to compensate... I just prefer the speedy, tricky K' of the NESTS Saga... At any rate... This is just ranting. As you said, it seems quite obvious that he'll jsut be a very faintly tweaked version of 2003 K'... Well, I'm just happy he finally made it into an anthology fighter. The man who hates KoF more than anything finally gets to be in another tournament... Probably another game for me to wish he had an intro with Kyo, though he won't...

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 06:15

His Heat Drive DM is supposedly very fast now. I believe Chain Drive requires 2 stocks much like in 2K3, but I doubt it'll have the crazy invincibility that the LDM version had (it's the DM version that he has in NGBC).

And he does have a special intro with Kyo.

kyo_andy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by kyo_andy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 19:45

the 2k2 was the more balanced to use, it was my favorite too
ShadowSonic wrote:And he does have a special intro with Kyo.
it was time they do that

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Thu Jul 14, 2005 20:00

he had one in 99.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Fri Jul 15, 2005 15:00

Can I know the special intro? I remember his old KoF one was 'Let's put an end to this'... what does he say now?

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Fri Jul 15, 2005 20:34

Yup, there is a special intro VS Kyo and VS Iori
And now he can cancel his Minute Spike (qcb+K) into his Air Trigger (qcf+K)
I think he will be my first pick too

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Sat Jul 16, 2005 02:30

cube wrote:Yup, there is a special intro VS Kyo and VS Iori
And now he can cancel his Minute Spike (qcb+K) into his Air Trigger (qcf+K)
I think he will be my first pick too
Holy hell, is that true?! :o If so, then I love him... I wonder if a nB > nB > Knee Assault > Minute Spike > Air Trigger would be possible then?! If so, then that is awesome. Also, him having intros with Kyo and Iori is awesome... But is it one for each, or the same intro used with each one? I don't really know what he'd have to say to Iori, other than Iori whining about how he wants the real Kyo, thus pissing off K'...
At any rate... I suppose that with it scheudled for arcades on the 27th, it won't be long before we know all about it... *writhes about excitedly*

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Sat Jul 16, 2005 03:00

*ahem* Furthermore... translated from Jap to Spanish by Nightlord, and translated from Spanish to English by me, with some help from Babelfish. But, I've taken 2 years of SPanish, so I was able to clean it up quite well:

K's Story for NEO*GEO Battle Coliseum
-------------------------------------------

K'

K', that to which were transplanted the particular characteristics of Kyo Kusanagi by the secret corporation NESTS.

After the destruction of NESTS, he and his companions thought for an instant to have some days of rest, but they receive unexpected visits; the WAREZ corporation, one of the contractors of the military industry, and who also seem to be the people in charge of the living weapons technology that was used in them.

"Tsk... or I am very to shake to me to these sparks and ashes" (or something asi...)
(*ahem* Nightlord seemed to not be able to translate that line, hence, his half-translation made little sense to me...)

Many pursuers follow it to attack it one after another one, Whatever will have tried it to kill?
If he does not do something soon, he will not be able to follow for a long time. And as with NESTS, if one does not face the enemy directly there will be no opportunity no win.
He decides that he has that opportunity to face them when WAREZ opens its fighting competition, "Battle Colliseum".

For him there is no another option.

This one time also will do it.
(Referring to that this one opportunity will take care of WAREZ, as his one opportunity took care of NESTS, I think.)

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Mon Jul 18, 2005 00:50

You can see that cancel in this video:
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/ ... _move1.exe

BTW PaGaN 3l3m3nts , where did you get that info??

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Tue Jul 19, 2005 02:16

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:23

After a ground minute spike, you can now do qcf kick for Air Trigger.

Stand C, F+A, heat drive, qcb kick is a combo now.

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Wed Aug 10, 2005 04:52

so , you can hit the enemy after the Heat Drive?? NICE

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Sat Aug 13, 2005 09:33

So, theoretically, there hsould be no problem with doing a Heat Drive > Minute Spike > Air Trigger, right? WHEE! This is one badass K'!

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:21

tried doing minute spike after heat drive, and i couldnt get it to hit......so then i tried dp A and heavens drive in the corner....neither of them hit either......so are you absolutely sure empyrian???