Dream Match never ends!
Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Aug 27, 2005 13:37

Try doing an air minute spike.

Frionel

Post by Frionel » Tue Sep 13, 2005 02:28

One excellent thing with K' is that he can still super cancel his Narrow Spike with a DM. It's very usefull to cancel it with the heat drive DM, since the Narrow Spike is a very fast move and hit's a lot the oponent by surprize. Very good damage...

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Tue Sep 13, 2005 23:38

Thank you for the info (here and in the other closed topic) Frionel. Too bad NGBC K' is weaker than KOF '03 K' :(

frionel

Post by frionel » Wed Sep 14, 2005 01:00

K' is weaker because the other characters are much stronger than ever...

But today, I get some nice results with him :)

He can press very good on the corner, never let the opponent escape, and he is also good in distance (random ein trigger, air trigger, narrow spike cancel etc...)

I really like the way he's playing in NGBC, and I really like the character simply :)

OWARI NI SURUSE

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:32

just some little things about k':

heat drive, air minute spike worked for me in the corner and only after a second shell ( qcf A/C, fwd D)....i tiger kneed it, but it could just be done after a normal jump

interesting thing with k' is he can crossup the opponent when their other character tags in after their partner dies.....what i do anyway is do an empty qcf A/C, then back B.....works like a charm

no doubt k' is good, but he doesn't have as much as the top tiers to work with

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 18:10

Empyrian wrote:Try doing an air minute spike.
Like ~!T.T!~ I wasn't able to connect neither Minute Spikes (ground/air) after his 2qcf+P Super......

Now after finally having played the game I think the things already said about K' being good but others a lot better are true.

One more thing: How the hell connect his Chain Drive (qcf,hcb+AC) Super safely? I couldn't find any move to realiably cancel it from..... n.C/D, f+A xx qcf,hcb+AC didn't work at all for me.... Not even n.C (2) did?!?! O_o

--Blast

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Oct 14, 2005 22:44

Didn't see this posted here, but K' can chain his jump D> Air Minute Spike against airborne opponents.

Its simple, and good damage. The best part is that you can just hit the input for everything, and if the jump D didn't connect, the Minute Spike will not come out. I think its also his most damaging follow up for Second Shell if he has no levels.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sat Oct 15, 2005 01:52

Blastrezz wrote:
Empyrian wrote:Try doing an air minute spike.
One more thing: How the hell connect his Chain Drive (qcf,hcb+AC) Super safely? I couldn't find any move to realiably cancel it from..... n.C/D, f+A xx qcf,hcb+AC didn't work at all for me.... Not even n.C (2) did?!?! O_o

--Blast
When opponent is in corner, stand C, qcf A, fwd D, qcf hcb +AC
after fwd D, wait a millisec before doing the chain drive. If you do it too early it wont hit.

beast00
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by beast00 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 08:41

A lot of players are getting good with him and switching to using him now.

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Mon Oct 24, 2005 23:23

That's good, i can't wait to play this game, so i can check this K' version :P

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 06:31

I prefer K' here than his KOF2003 version, but the NeoWave version is still my favourite. Still, at least he has safer light combos now that his f+B cancel timing is a lot looser. The Chain Drive is unfortunately the 2003 version, so it's possible for the autocombo to miss even when the glasses hit. It was a real no-brainer in NeoWave. I still prefer the 2k2/NW ground Minutes/Narrow Spike, but his air Minutes Spike is a pretty good punisher against jumping opponents.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 09:42

just some things I found out while playing against Marco.....

k's actually one of marco's weaknesses, as I found out yesterday. when he's zoning with grenades, more times than none narrow spike will go under the D version and hit marco before the B version comes out, so you can keep on the pressure, and since whenever marco gets cornered he's screwed, this is heaps good against marco players........air trigger is also really useful to show marco that he's not the only one with a zoning game :P
it's more or less the fact that K' can move around the screen relatively well. other top tier characters (e.g. kim) can have problems getting in and staying there, since the E counter pushes them back full screen

i also found that heat drive can also go through grenades, though with less effectiveness

ismael01866
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by ismael01866 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 23:54

Blastrezz wrote:

--Blast
In the corner:
- From a close standing C (both hits)
- s.C,qcf+A,f+D, Chain Drive
- DP+C(2nd hit)xx Chain Drive

In the open:
- s.C(1 hit)/s.D,f+A,minuet spike(whiff),narrow spike xx Chain Drive
*Note : The minuet spike and narrow spike have to be the D versions otherwise it wont work

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Dec 24, 2005 14:58

ismael01866 wrote:
Blastrezz wrote:
One more thing: How the hell connect his Chain Drive (qcf,hcb+AC) Super safely?
In the corner:
- From a close standing C (both hits)
- s.C,qcf+A,f+D, Chain Drive

In the open:
- s.C(1 hit)/s.D,f+A,minuet spike(whiff),narrow spike xx Chain Drive
*Note : The minuet spike and narrow spike have to be the D versions otherwise it wont work
Thank you.

Now that I got the game on PS2 I can play test more, above all in Practice and I found NGBC's K' to be a bad reflection of himself. In my opinion KoF2k2 K' was best and most balanced K' ever. NGBC's K' has so many of his trademark moves and patterns dimmed out of him..... :-/

--Blast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Dec 24, 2005 15:42

Heh, I thought NeoWave K' was even better than 2k2. But while K' isn't amazing in NGBC no thanks to his low damage, he's still a step up from 2k3. And in XI he's pretty darned good alright. In my books, he should be low A or high B in XI.