Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke
Yuki (NGBC)

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Jun 11, 2005 00:34

I'm nut boy.

Everything I can say about him (until now) is... he's weird. I'm very curious about how he plays, because there are a lot of moves from him that made me say "WTF" a lot of times:

-His NEO GEO / 100 MEGASHOCK Beam DM.
-His Duke transformation.
-A move where he seems to be "charging" some power.
-An aerial move where he dashes, then he dissapears and then a giant thunder hits the opponent o_O
-A throw move, wherehe makes a suplex (and a "press button" graphical indication).
-Etc. (I forgot all his other moves).

Weird, but still promising.

Discuss :)

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 13:15

Has a special tag out attack with Ai that makes them combine to form this super hero thingy ma bob. ;p

Dunno either the motion nor the condition to be fulfilled.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Mon Aug 22, 2005 16:48

I've asked myself this:

Will Yuki and Ai receive damage (both of them) when they're fusioned in Atomic Guy?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Aug 30, 2005 01:37

started playing yuki after i found out he can be a bit of a rushdown whore.....

his air dash qcb A/C is good for pressure, and also for crossups with either jumping B or even his air qcb B/D lightning, although im still wondering exactly when qcb A/C hits and when it doesn't (i know if done by itself it hits, and also if done after stand c, fwd c). lack of down B combo also annoys me =/

qcbX2 A/C isnt that great. good to catch jump-happy people, but i havent seem to combo it just yet.

beast buster is good for zoning or turtling.....although it is somewhat slower to other projectiles

im wondering also what down, down A/B/C/D/Start does exactly. i know d,d A gives him a triple beast buster, but havent figured out about the rest......

also, how on earth do you do that duke edwards uppercut

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Fri Sep 02, 2005 08:14

I'm in a good mood, so I guess I can post what I've observed when playing Yuki in the arcade today.

Throws

Fire Suplex
b/n/f+ CD when up close
Basic throw. Moving on...

Command Moves

Mutation Combination
f+ A; df+ C; b+ B; f+ D
I did not test this move out yet, so I don't know what it looks like or what it does. Sorry.

Dogou Sou Ken
close standing C; f+ C
Basic combo stuff, you know what to do.

Special Moves

Beast Buster
qcf+ A/C
Think of it as a fireball projectile. A fast-moving, invisible fireball projectile. Many characters can crouch under it, but since the projectile is totally invisible, they might be fooled and stand up at the wrong moment. When powered up with the A-version Memory Card Slash, he fires 3 projectiles in a row. That'll really keep the opponent away.

Submarine Screw
dp+ A/C
Yuki strikes diagonally upwards, with a streaking fiery light. This move might serve as anti-air, but I don't really like the regular version of this move. When powered up with the C-version Memory Card Slash, YUKI TURNS INTO A GLOWING BLUE VERSION OF DUKE EDWARDS AND DOES THE REAL SUBMARINE SCREW. This move now has priority, invincibility, and does good damage. However, if this move whiffs or is blocked, Yuki's in trouble.

Bakuretsu Ken
qcb+ A/C
Yuki travels quickly forward and performs an electric punch. Keep in mind that, unlike other horizontal dashing moves like Terry's Burning Knuckle, Yuki is vulnerable when he travels forward, until the end where he delivers that punch. There are still uses for this move, if you can time it right. qcb+ A is good in combos.

SENGOKU Denshou
hcb+ B/D
Every time I tried to use the regular version of this move, Yuki hopped forward a little bit and... that was it. I got punished after that. However, when powered up with the B-version Memory Card Slash, he jumps farther forward and the move actually connects when I do it; it looks like he slashes the opponent with knives or something like that, which knocks the opponent in the air. I don't know all the properties of this move, but it looks interesting. Probably not a move to use all the time, though.

Riding Hero
mid-air qcb+ A/C
ZOMG, an air dash! WTF IS THIS GUILTY GEAR???

Raijin Ken
mid-air qcb+ B/D
Yuki disappears, and when he reappears on the ground directly below, a lightning bolt instantly appears. I suspect that he has invulnerability while he is invisible. I like using this after Riding Hero. Nice for countering or cross-ups. When powered up with the D-version Memory Card Slash, there are more lightning bolts which cover more area and do up to 4 hits.

Fire Suplex Hold
hcb,f+ A/C when up close
This move can only be performed after you've done the Start-version Memory Card Slash. He does what looks like the regular Fire Suplex, but then he holds you there and grinds you into the ground for more damage (kinda like the Shermie Flash). There's the old-school Fatal Fury sign consisting of a hand and a button that prompts you to push a button rapidly. I'm not sure whether it's for Yuki (to keep the move going) or for the opponent (to get out of the move).

Memory Card Slash
d,d+ A/B/C/D/Start
Yuki creates a small flash of light, which charges up certain special moves (see above). You are vulnerable when performing Memory Card Flash, so be careful. Memory Card Flash only works once and may wear off over time, so if you do a powered-up special move or if you wait too long, you'll have to perform that particular Memory Card Flash again. You can store multiple power-ups of different types (such as one A-version power-up and one C-version power-up), but I don't know if you can store multiple power-ups of the same type (such as two A-version power-ups).

Super Moves

Chou Do Kyuu 100 Mega Beam
qcb,qcb+ A/C
Yuki rises up in the air and fires a huge beam of energy at the opponent. Yup, Yuki's a beamer. Doesn't do a lot of damage for a super, but that's perfectly all right since it's a beam. Be careful though, because although it may not look like it, the opponent does have time to block... unless he/she is in the air or doing a move with some recovery. Then the hit is almost guaranteed. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Chou Do Kyuu Neo-Geo Ranbu
qcf,hcf+ A/C
Just like the move suggests, this move is an auto-combo "Ranbu" super along the lines of Ryo's Ryuuko Ranbu, Kim's Hou'ou Kyaku, or Iori's Maiden Masher. This move consumes 2 Super Bars.

Chou Do Kyuu Status Up
qcf,qcf+ B/D
This move powers up Yuki, but I don't know exactly what it's supposed to power up. More investigation will be needed here. This move consumes 2 Super Bars.

Chou Do Kyuu MAX330 Mega Beam
qcb,qcb+ ABC
Just like the Chou Do Kyuu 100 Mega Beam, except it does more damage. This move consumes 3 Super Bars.

Combos

Here's the only real combo I managed to do with Yuki:
close standing C; f+ C; qcb+ A; qcb,qcb+ A/C
You can stop right after the qcb+ A, since I never actually managed to make the Mega Beam connect even though it counts as a Super Cancel. Then again, the opponent was in the corner every time I used the Mega Beam in that combo, so maybe that's why.

Secret D-Assault
ATOMIC GUY

There are 3 conditions to performing the Secret D-Assault:
1.) Ai must be your second character.
2.) D-Assault must be enabled.
3.) There are three Memory Card Slashes you need: one with A, one with B, and one with the Start button. I'm not sure which, but you must either do one of these or all three. When I performed the D-Assault, I did all three Memory Card Slashes just to be on the safe side.

I haven't confirmed this, but I have suspicions that everything is reset when you get hit by the opponent (even with a jab), so you'd have to do the Memory Card Slashes all over again. For some odd reason, this secret D-Assault was difficult to perform for me.

Once you've met the conditions: qcb,hcf+ AE

If this move connects, Yuki and Ai "unite" with a heart-shaped glow to summon Atomic Guy (of "King of the Monsters" fame). Yuki will only be Atomic Guy for a short while, so be quick. Press A or C to punch, and B or D to kick. Press ABC to form an electric field around Atomic Guy (à la Blanka). Be warned: Atomic Guy will turn back into Yuki right after the ABC move. I think something happens when you press back on the joystick twice, but I haven't tested that out yet.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Sep 03, 2005 03:18

C, fwd C, qcb A, SC to qcb*2 ABC hits.

Qcf*2 Kick is a status booster. The D version *seems* to give you armour mode properties... I haven't tried the B version yet.

His Down*2 A/B/C/D/Start is rather slow.

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Sat Sep 03, 2005 03:36

Armor mode properties? Interesting...

Memory Card Slash takes a little less than a second to perform. I usually find the time to do them. Like Q's taunts from SF3: 3rd Strike, you have to look for the time to perform this move, or make the time yourself. For instance, if you're playing keepaway or you've just knocked the opponent down, that's a good time.
I found his d,d+ A to be the most practical, so you should at least have that. d,d+ C is also good... just be careful of the Submarine Screw's recovery time.

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%

Post by Iori E » Sun Sep 04, 2005 07:16

UPDATE:

Mutation Combination
f+ A; df+ C; b+ B; f+ D
This move is one of those automatic combos, of which each part comes out when you perform each command in sequence. For f+ A, Yuki does a simple punch. For df+ C, Yuki does a 2-hit punch that knocks the opponent up a short height. For b+ B, Yuki does a high kick. And for f+ D, Yuki hops forward to do another high kick with his other foot. Total comes out to 5 hits. Remember, you have to input the sequence fairly quickly.

When powered up with the C-version Memory Card Slash, the Submarine Screw is like a less damaging version of the Shin-Shoryuken, so use it as such. However, it appears that the move's invincibility only applies to the upper body; I was once hit out of it by Shiki's low-hitting special.

So it appears that you can get hit and still be able to perform the Secret "Atomic Guy" D-Assault without having to do the three Memory Card Slashes all over again. However, I'm still not sure if the effect of the Memory Card Slashes will wear off over time for the purpose of the D-Assault, and I have some suspicions that you may have to do the three Memory Card Slashes in order (A, B, Start).

Tapping back twice does indeed cancel Atomic Guy and make you turn back into Yuki. Getting hit by the opponent while still in Atomic Guy's form will have the same effect.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Sep 07, 2005 17:23

Yuki's qcfx2+B gives him something like Counter Mode in 2k, and his qcfx2+D is Armour Mode. That's what I got from FightClub, haven't tried it myself though.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Sep 14, 2005 00:00

tried 'armour mode', and not once when i was hit was yuki flashing........i really didnt find anything different with it other than yuki flashing yellow.......anyone certain about the properties of that powerup move?

if your opponent doesn't gcfs at critical points of yuki's offense, then he's too safe. i've had a few people complain to me that he's top tier because he's got 'no' recovery time, but anyway, here's some spots at which to gcfs after...

stand c, forward c
air lightning (air qcb B/D)
qcb A/C

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Sep 14, 2005 01:51

Yes, and Im one of those people :wink: . Yuki is one of the best pressure characters. With the right powerups, there is minimal recovery from most moves.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Sep 14, 2005 04:29

Well, a powered up Qcf punch, Dp Punch, and air qcb kick are pretty good but...

He may pressure ok but his moves do not guard crush as quickly as other offensive based characters.

He also do not seem to have any combos from light attacks? His normal moves are kinda fruity...

I do suspect he could be used to anti Marco though.

Gimmick class character with suspect efficiency. :p

J]-[UN

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Sep 16, 2005 07:45

Most of his normal and special moves can be Guard-dashed and punished like his JumpD (opponent can guard daSH and retaliate before the standC/dwnA even comes out).............

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Sep 16, 2005 09:44

Well if you put it like that, almost everything can be guard-dashed isnt it?

The yukis I fight against usually dont jump D. Even in the videos released so far, have almost no yukis doing jump D.

J]-[UN

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Sep 17, 2005 02:59

Maybe so, but at least most other characters have a fast crouching/standing A/B which can be comboed into, and comes out fast enough after a very late jump attack to knock the opponent out of a jump dash.

Yuki..........once u do a stand C/jump attack or just about anything remotely beatdown you'll get guard dashed and punished =.=; Hell even for a simple StandC , qcbA the opponent can guard dash and hit you after the StandC