Geese Howard (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Geese Howard (NGBC)

Post by The Green Herring » Sat Jun 11, 2005 00:18

Talk about the most popular SNK boss, the man that made the word "geese" cool, and the man who still has his old KOF'96 sprites here.

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Sat Jun 11, 2005 04:00

In this issue of arcadia I have...

Geese can perform his counter throw then when the opponent is on the ground he can perform his raging storm and it will combo!?

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Thu Jul 07, 2005 21:28

From the latest loketest:- Geese Howards Air Projectile is long distance now unlike the short distance one from kof96 and svc chaos.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:13

"Gee... Geese Howard? I thought you were dead..."

South Town's mayor was perplexed and confused, as Geese sits down, tranquilly, in a chair located in front of him and lights a cig"

"Mr. Mayor... what? Do you find inconvenient that I'm still alive?"

"No, it's not that... you know, your contacts in the city are not in the business anymore..."

Geese listens to the mayor, while turning his back on him, and then he makes a discrete laugh. Truly, the Howard business are not working nowadays, but...

"You'll soon hear about it. A new martial arts tournament is coming and I'll participate. I count on you so my way will be totally out of any inconvenience"

"If I show my inmense power during the Battle Coliseum, I'll control this city once more... because the true ruler of this place has come back..."

Original translation by Nightlord.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:17

His air fireball is good but not very because the angle of descent is too steep.

Geese seems more to be like haohmaru in the sense that if you use him you have to make the hits count.

If you want to combo using his bcf K, it has to be the D version cos the B version comes out slow.

Raimei Gouha Nage = downed opponent, df + C , this move is really hard to use but the only time I connected was after using the bcf K combo and in the corner.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Thu Dec 22, 2005 06:47

What is this I hear Geese being D tier???

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:58

I don't know, but I've never been able to pull off the AC Rising Storm. Does it look different from the normal version?

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Dec 24, 2005 15:05

Man so far I'm very disappointed in Geese.....

Tested him yesterday and I found nothing cool on him. I somewhen heard he should be quite some badass at some things but I can't figure it out. It was said he should for ex. have a solid corner game.

Can somebody please point out stuff on Geese? I can't find anything that makes him playable so far.

What bugs me most:
- the charge move with kick..... why didn't they leave it like in sVc? Charge move for Geese sucks, lol!
- 360° /720° throw motions SUCK!! Please SNK leave that to Capcom I don't wanna handle 360ies! :(

Geese has been worsen too much.... :-/

--Blast
Last edited by Blastrezz on Sun Dec 25, 2005 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Dec 24, 2005 15:37

Actually, his charge b,f+K is OK. Just hold back when you're jumping or doing your standing C, then push front and press D. Remember to use the D version or you're in some serious trouble.

I don't mind the 360/720 throw motions actually. It seems SNKP wanted Geese to play like his Fatal Fury version, not KOF'96 or SVC versions.

Geese's strong points isn't in combos. It's his normals. They're very effective, and at sweep distance, it's very difficult to GCFS his moves and punish him because you'll be eating his Reppu Ken. But overall, Geese definitely is a lot weaker than his ridiculously overpowered SVC form.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Sat Dec 24, 2005 16:37

I've find a horrible combo :

(cornered combo)

D (1hit), double reppuken, cr A, double reppuken, cr C, deadly rave (charge D, df C)

you can also pressure with this, and feint with a command grab

wtfff??? his far D is kara cancellable??? think command grab, counter, reppuken...

And you can cancel his deadly rave, but before the 2nd D imput, and do cr C, dual assault (more efficient if you think that te deadly rave will not kill)

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Sun Dec 25, 2005 04:37

Its a shame..its gonna take a lot of work to make Geese good in this game..from what you all are describing I can see why he is a D rank..nevertheless....I will still use him..

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sun Dec 25, 2005 15:16

frionel wrote:I've find a horrible combo :
(cornered combo)
D (1hit), double reppuken, cr A, double reppuken, cr C, deadly rave
I took the liberty of capturing that :) It's a cool thing!

http://www.schnellgespart.de/blast/ngbc/geese-style.avi (WMV)

Of couse that proves me wrong of close heavy xx Reppuken doesn't work...
I must've been nuts when I wrote that. Edited my last posting thus.

--Blast

Turbovec
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Turbovec » Mon Dec 26, 2005 19:52

Wicked combo there!!! Even if the opponent blocks, the Reppuken's hold the enemy down for free. He has like...NO recovery on those things. I think Geese is simply harder to use than most, but once you get it down, he's evil. :evil:

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Dec 27, 2005 02:31

Yup, Geese is nasty for lockdown once you've managed to get opponent cornered. I lost a couple of matches from this style of playing because I couldn't switch or break out, and I only pressed E (while blocking) after too much time had passed.

Turbovec

Post by Turbovec » Wed Dec 28, 2005 05:10

Now...is there an evective way to combo into the Rising Storm, or just use it efficently? I heard you could actually combo into it and whatnot, but are any of these combos worth trying to pull off in an actual match?