Rock Howard (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Rock Howard (NGBC)

Post by The Green Herring » Sat Jun 11, 2005 00:17

Talk about the troubled son who gets to fight his dead father for his second crossover in a row here.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:16

The rumor spread all over South Town instantly: TERRY IS BACK!

The Hungry Wolf, that left the town with the unique son of Geese Howard, Rock, has returned.

Tourney champions in their glorous come back... they are not, but they've achieved a great reputation as a team, as long as they participate in the new martial arts tournament, the Battle Coliseum. The town is excited again.

"OK. Let's go, Terry!"

Rock looks calmed, he even doesn't want to presume anything, while he's wearing his gloves in his hands. His fighting spirit is completely in his interior.

This great bird has opened his wings to the sky. The time to leave the nest has come.

Original translation by Nightlord.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:13

Rock is exceptionally strong, even though im surprised the japanese havent taken to him much.

Some bread and butter combos are

crouching b x3 --> qcfx2 +K

opponent in corner - stand C, qcb A, super cancel into qcfx2 +P (the other super does too little dmg)

stand b - 360 +p (stand b gives enough time for 360 input)

crouching b into qcb B (very good to catch turtles)
Last edited by Geese on Thu Sep 01, 2005 04:52, edited 1 time in total.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:16

if you block a qcfX2 B/D DM, the only way you can punish it is to GCFS after the 6th hit. any other hit will get you hit.....

also, another strat to use is crouching B, teleport, 360 grab/combo mixup

goddamn, rock can be so annoying at times, especially with crouching B mixups >_<

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Sep 10, 2005 19:58

Does his old Shinkuunage> Break> Level 2 Shine Knuckle combo still work anymore? Everytimes I try, only the first hit of the Shine Knuckle hit. The rest (including the Rising Tackle) miss completely.

QCB+ C is safer than QCB+ A. That's just wrong.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sun Sep 11, 2005 04:49

Not necessarily... I mean the experienced player will guard dash after the second hit of qcb C, so you're screwed anyways. But if you mix them up, the player sometimes waits for the second hit to guard dash, but you did the A version so you're safe.

I was also told that after the shinkuu nage -> brake, if you're fast enough you can run forward towards the opponent (while opponent is in the air) and do raging storm or stand D. Stand D, is easy enough but I always miss raging storm by a bit.

beast00
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by beast00 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 14:16

Uh, no more love for Rock? >_>

I want to know if there are any moves that can be cancelled besides qcb+A(and C?), or is that the only one?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Oct 18, 2005 06:11

Deadly Rave's last hit(qcb C) can be substituted with a D.A.

Burningfist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Burningfist » Wed Oct 19, 2005 00:53

Can he still do his command overhead (LP+LK)? Those were always one of his overall best traits in Garou, and it seems like they were going for a Garou style Rock here. Also, does he have normal 360 and rage run shift 360 difference like Garou? What about comboing off of 360 --> Blast?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Oct 19, 2005 05:41

you can either do the followup to his 360 or break from it and i'm pretty sure you can get a guaranteed raging storm or shine knuckle (although maybe just a few hits) after, especially if your back was facing the wall......

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Oct 19, 2005 07:04

Command overhead is B+D.

Command elbow (dodges high attacks) is A+C. Can be comboed off.

Burningfist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Burningfist » Thu Oct 20, 2005 21:19

~!T.T~ wrote:
you can either do the followup to his 360 or break from it and i'm pretty sure you can get a guaranteed raging storm or shine knuckle (although maybe just a few hits) after, especially if your back was facing the wall......
In Garou he had two different command grabs, after the rage run shift, it left them close, which allowed for really easy midscreen followups, does he still have this option? Or are both throws just long range tosses? Also, did you check to see what he can combo after a command grab --> blast? I'd assume at least a raging storm or rising tackle.
AcidicEnema wrote:Command overhead is B+D.

Command elbow (dodges high attacks) is A+C. Can be comboed off.
THANK GOD, can he still cancel out the command overhead?!

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Oct 21, 2005 01:51

Burningfist wrote: In Garou he had two different command grabs, after the rage run shift, it left them close, which allowed for really easy midscreen followups, does he still have this option? Or are both throws just long range tosses? Also, did you check to see what he can combo after a command grab --> blast? I'd assume at least a raging storm or rising tackle.
well i dont play rock in ngbc, but the only command grab i've seen is the long range toss which you can break out of which does give you a guaranteed followup, or you could just hold AB and he does that semi-projectile followup.....i've also been told that raging storm is guaranteed after it, though i've yet to see it connect

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Oct 21, 2005 20:02

Burningfist wrote: In Garou he had two different command grabs, after the rage run shift, it left them close, which allowed for really easy midscreen followups, does he still have this option? Or are both throws just long range tosses?

can he still cancel out the command overhead?!
Both grabs are long range tosses now.

He can still cancel out the command overhead, BEFORE it hits, and not after, just like in Garou.

Burningfist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Burningfist » Fri Oct 21, 2005 23:10

OH HELL YES! (Minus the command grab thing, but you can't win em all)

AcidicEnema you own. :smile: