Rock Howard (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
vtu22_2
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by vtu22_2 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 06:51

Rock can now do D, f+D, and shining knuckle level 2 in corner. I was quite surprised to do this by accident! I'm sure his f+D after the standing D is an overhead still.

I haven't been using Rock that much until now. He's a solid character with a good balance of moves and combos. So far, I think his weakest areas would be his anti-airs.

His got the rising tackle, but it's a charged move and not extremely useful during rush down attacks. I usually use jump B to snuff the opponent's moves.

Can he combo his 360 throw with a standing A or B??

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Nov 12, 2005 08:53

Yes, his f+D is still an overhead, but the thing is, both kicks push opponent pretty far back, so only the D Shine Knuckle makes a good followup. I don't think even his qcb+A will combo from it.

You cannot combo into his Shinkuu Nage throw at all, just like in Garou. Hey, it's a free Rising Storm/Shine Knuckle if you Break it, so it'd be really evil to let you combo into the move.

Rock doesn't have very good anti-airs alright, but his qcf+B is pretty decent if you use it sparingly. His AC command attack gives him invincibility to high attacks, but it must be time very well. Anti-air was always Rock's weakness.

Burningfist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Burningfist » Sun Nov 13, 2005 01:16

Tel wrote: Anti-air was always Rock's weakness.
Not in my experience...I personally think his normals are very well suited to anti air, and depending on his incarnation he's got access to roll cancel, counters that launch for a free super or just defend to pick up the slack.

I'd say his biggest issue is lack of damaging options that don't put him at risk for getting combo ---> super'd or just plain thrown.

Great news about the D, f + D -> Shine Knuckle...anyone know if he can Neo Deadly Rave instead (esp midscreen)?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Nov 13, 2005 07:28

Burningfist wrote:
Tel wrote: Anti-air was always Rock's weakness.
Great news about the D, f + D -> Shine Knuckle...anyone know if he can Neo Deadly Rave instead (esp midscreen)?
Hard to say, since the D,f+D pushes opponent almost 1/2 screen back. It's kind of risky. Only the D Shine Knuckle makes a good followup, since the B version loses hits anyway.

Rock's AB was pretty decent as an anti-air in Garou, but it doesn't seem to work as well in NGBC. Of course, Rising Tackle or his qcf+B works, but only if you've anticipated opponent's jump.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Jan 06, 2006 04:34

Neo Deadly Raving midscreen with Rock is something difficult to do in place of his lvl2 Shining Knuckle in that D,F+D combo.

L1r
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
PSN:Pewas

Post by L1r » Fri Jan 06, 2006 18:52

Well.. you people probably know this by now but saince I believe noone has mentioned it yet i'll give it a chance.
1 - Raging Storm C version juggles, it's possible to do qcb+A twice after it in the corner, and finishing it all off with a rising tackle.
Here's a nice combo (and not THAT hard to pull off)
sC > qcb+A xx qcfx2+C > qcb+A > qcb+A > d,u+C
You can always do a DA after the qcfx2+C to confirm damage.