Genj(y)uro Kibagami (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Genj(y)uro Kibagami (NGBC)

Post by The Green Herring » Sat Jun 11, 2005 00:08

Talk about the man Iori ripped off who throws hanafuda cards all over the place here.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:38

10th year of the Takara era (1760), Yamajiroguni (Country of the hill's castle), village of Anjoumura. Here, an assasin was born.

Since he was a kid, he had to leave his home after killing his own mother, later he trained as an apprentice of Kafuin Nikochin, in the Ancient Shadow school. During this time, he discovered his natural skills. He become strong, stronger than his training partner, Haohmaru, but due to his evil battle ways Nikochin expelled him. After this, he dedicated his life in killing.

One day, while he was in the red zone of the city, he hears some rumors in the place. It's said that Haohmaru will participate in the great-scale tournament that was taking place in the south. He could barely listen to that while resting in his bed, and then he throws his pipe. The name of this asassin is Kibagami Genjuro.

"Haohmaru, I'll kill you"

And about the prostitute that's near him, he can't ignore her forever. This whispering man has eyes full with madness, and he smells like blood.

Original translation by Nightlord.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Sep 01, 2005 13:44

Genjyuro and Haohmaru.

Genjyuro: After a connected ABC move, qcb, hcf CE.
Haohmaru: After his ABC move, qcf*2 AE.

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Sun Dec 31, 2006 19:47

Body Tosses

Ashige - Near opponent, press b or f + CD

Unique Moves

Gekikaze - Press df + C
Suso Kosuri - Press f + D

Special Moves

Sanren Satsu: Kiba - qcf + A or C
>Sanren Satsu: Tsuno - qcb/qcf + A or C
>> Sanren Satsu: Rin - qcb/qcf + A or C
Ouka Zan - qcb + A or C (SC)
Hyakki Satsu - hcb, f + A or C
Touha Kouyouku Jin - dp + A or C (SC)
Gashin Totsu - qcb + B (hold B to delay)
Gekka Zan - Near opponent, dp + B

Desperation Moves

Ura Gokou - qcfx2 + A
Gokou Zan - qcfx2 + C
Sakura Kiri Ayame - qcbx2 + A or C
Ikari Bakuha - Press A+B+C (Requires 3 stocks)

I'll post move properties and changes later

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Tue Jan 02, 2007 00:59

his throw DOES NOT knock down. It just pushes the opponent away and puts them into hit stun. I suggest to follow up with a cr. B. If it connects than do qcf+Px3 and if it is blocked, than do qcb + C

Gekikaze - Genjyuro ducks down and does and upward slash. Ok AA, cancellable. Unlike in SVC if it hits an airborne opponent it will knock them down and not reset them. Though u can still quick recover from it. I suggest that if its an airborne opponent (only real use 4 it) cancel into a qcb + C to keep them locked down upon wake-up

Suso Kosuri - Gen steps forward and does a low kick to the foot. Must be blocked low unless cancelled into. Unlike in SVC this move does not knock down anymore but on the good side it is cancelable now.

Fireball now has less range since the card dies out quicker. So it DOES NOT have full screen range. A version travels like 1/2 screen and C version travels like 3/4 screen. Also this move is super cancelable now. However u only cancel the start-up animation. Think of it as a kara cancel, u move forward without the attack connecting. In addition this move's overall speed is much better

Gashin Totsu - Gen leans back and charges his sword and swings forward. The start-up is slightly faster but not by much. Plus it is no longer unblockable UNLESS u fully charge it. Decent poke but overall usefullness is 0

Gekka Zan - the ol' command throw. This move can no longer be comboed into. In addition it now has a whiff animation and DOES NOT put the opponent into a juggle state.

qcfx2+A or C are both exactly the same. They just look different

qcbx2 + A or C is basically a super fireball. He flings a card at u which upon impact launches into the air only to fall on top of the opponent. So the second hit is an OVERHEAD. I suggest u run in after this super and upon the 2nd hit, do a cr. B to super, DA or qcf+Ax3.

Ikari Bakuha which is his exceed from SVC. Doesnt do as much damage as in SVC but keep in mind two different games = two different damage scales aight? But he loss the follow-up move

as far as the specials go I believe the biggest lost was his command throw. None the less it is fast and great in mix-ups and u still use it alot. The unblockable sword will I can live without that move anyway.

other notes

cr. B is cancellable nwo in case u havent read

standing close A/cr. A is spammable

standing far B is cancelable.

cr. D cannot be blocked high anymore

standing hits twice not instead of 3 and u can ONLY CANCEL THE 1st hit (ARGH!)

he can only combo a DA Assault off of cr. B or standing B. Both well ranged attacks but he has to be at the right distance for the DA to actually connect. He CANNOT combo a DA from anything else

combos
cr. Ax3, qcf+Ax3
cr. B, DA
standing B, DA

I'll post more combos later

Pokes/Mix-ups
cr. Ax3 (blocked), qcb + C (blocked), standing C (blocked)
cr. Ax3 (blocked), dash, repeat
cr. Ax3 (blocked), dash, command throw, qcb + C upon recovery

best pokes from best to worst
cr. A
cr. B
mid-range B
standing A
fireball
max range cr. D
max range standing C

dash up cr. B or mid B is good. Both are cancelable
imo standing A is the safest poke.

still more to come but as u can see cr. A is your best friend

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Fri Jan 04, 2008 06:46

you can also combo into DA from cr. C as long as you aren't too far away. I'm surprised the move isn't mentioned. other than standing C having more range why not use cr. C all the time instead since it's cancelable? after a corner knockdown you can do cr. C into qcb+C and stuff for pressure and guard build.