boy or girl? you decide!

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Jun 11, 2005 00:23

[strike]I'd hit Chonsu ;3[/strike]

HM... I guess Chonsu will keep all his RB moves, so I suppose.

-623P would make multiple hits and have a 100% vertical trayectory.
-The projectile that absorbs life would be a DM.
-Chonsu would still have the Dragons DM :)
-66P would be a throw move.
-:0 214P was modified. Now Chonsu teleports in order to hit the enemy.
-Will he/she still have his/her teleport?

Chonsu was one of my favorites since RB1 (though I hated him/her in FF3... harder than Chonrei).

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:26

"Oh, now I understand. WAREZ has the sacred scrolls, doesn't it?"

The Jin bothers, Chonrei and Chonshu... no, the spirits of their ancestors that are within their bodies now are looking for the Dynastic Qin's Water Dragon and Heaven Dragon scrolls. If they manage to find them, tradition says they'll be able to get their own bodies in this modern era. "If we fnd them, this way of life so uncomfortable will finally be over"

"Heh heh... very good, let's take them back".

Original translation by Nightlord.

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Vice Vecta » Thu Sep 01, 2005 15:25

It's her, a cute girl when she's not possesed by her ancestor (look at her pic in the ending and the endings of RB1) :)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Sep 14, 2005 15:10

Been playing around with Chonshu and Chonrei: here are some of the moves/combos:

normal linking moves:

f+A, df+C

d + A/B/C, standing D are all two hits.

d+A (2hits) can be linked to df+C(2hits)

command moves:

qcf A/C fireball.

hcb A/B/C teleport, A teleports back to same spot, B on top of opponent, C teleports in front or back of opponent depending on how far u are standing from opponent.

hcb D (in air) teleports you while you are in the air. usually lands on top of opponent.

you can attack after you teleport by pressing a button.

qcf b/d: a move that throws the opponent up into the air. This can be followed up by another command (which I havent figured out yet) that gives u additional 4-5 hits

pretty sure it's not d,d / b,b, / f,f B/D
it's also not dp B/D or rdp B/D.
But repeatingly bashing qcf B/D after connecting the qcf B/D works :D

dp A/C uppercut that hits quite a few times. pretty good priority. decent damage.

f, f A/C Dashes forward and tries to grab (similar to Clark's hcf C/A)
grabs people in midair too. Has good priority. abuse it.

Chain command combos:
think of Duolon/Maylee/Angel's command chains.
I think there are a few, but the only one I know is C, C, C, f,b C
this attacks 3 times and he teleports to the other side and does a final attack.

DMs

db,b,f A/C (ground and air) does that blue fireball that, if hits, returns to u and heals u. not worth doing(the ground version) IMO. Unlike Chonrei (command move!), this uses 1 power bar.

qcb,hcf A/C Dragon flame special, similar to kyo's flamming special(same command). decent damage.

qcf x 2 A/C does a fireball like Andy's qcb C fireball. Very very good block damage.

Combos I tried so far

d+A(2 hits), qcf B, (keep basing qcf B after this, sorry, I don't know the actual command for it.)
Jump D, Stand C, C, C, f,b C
d+A(2 hits), df C(1 hit), f, f A.
d+A(2 hits), df C(2hits), Double Assault.
d+A(2 hits), df C(2hits), qcb,hcf A DM

well, these are those I normally use.

(Hth) Hope that helps

ta

ric
Last edited by Derrace on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Sep 15, 2005 04:31

-You mixed up the 2 Jin Brothers.
-Some of your moves have wrong motions.

The greatest difference between their qcb, fwd punch move, apart from Chonshu requiring a stock to do it and being able to perform it in the air, is that Chonrei recovers yellow life while Chonshu recovers red life.

Chonrei has generally stronger priorities in his moves btw.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Thu Sep 15, 2005 04:38

Dude, I think you posted in the wrong topic. You are talking about chonrei not chonshu.

Anyways for chonshu a good starter combo is

stand a(hits twice), qcf B, hcb D

also if opponent is in the corner, the C, C, C, f o b C can be followed up with an uppercut, after the glowing body hit. I havent experimented with anything else other than the uppercut.

also the qcb, f + p special can be done in the air, although it doesnt have the same regenerative properties.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Sep 15, 2005 05:14

Chonshu has pretty rubbish supers though. They don't have the invincibility that Chonrei has. It is even worse when done when opponent is close to you.

However, it does seem to me that Chonshu is better at close range than Chonrei,

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:01

Empyrian wrote:However, it does seem to me that Chonshu is better at close range than Chonrei,
definetly.....chonshu seems to be able to put on the pressure much better than chonrei can....i think she zones slightly better as well

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:28

Empyrian wrote:-You mixed up the 2 Jin Brothers.
-Some of your moves have wrong motions.

The greatest difference between their qcb, fwd punch move, apart from Chonshu requiring a stock to do it and being able to perform it in the air, is that Chonrei recovers yellow life while Chonshu recovers red life.

Chonrei has generally stronger priorities in his moves btw.
Hey guys, really sorry about that. I always get them mixed up.. in NBC, i used Chonshu with blue clothing (done with E+D). Probably got the names mixed as well... since chonrei does some more girly and chonshu does look girly.

Emp, could you kindly tell me which of the moves I listed are wrong (so i can edit them)? I was typing both chonshu's and chonrei's thread at the same time.. so sorry for the mistakes.

P.S edited the above post to swap them back to the correct chars...

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:56

Chonshu is my new favourite character, so I'll share what I got so far

Chonshu Combos

Basic Chain - C, C, C, f-n-b C

A (hits twice), qcf +K, hcb +K

cr.A, cr.C (hits twice), fwd A (cannot be blocked crouching)

cr.A, cr.C (hits twice), fwd fwd +P

cr.A, cr.C (hits twice), qcfx2 A

cr.A, cr.C, qcb hcf +P

cr.A, cr.C, qcf +E

cr.D, dp+P

Corner Combos (when opponent is in the corner)

C, C, C, f-n-b C, dp +P

cr.A, cr.C (hit once), qcfx2 A, dp +P

Basic Strategy
There are a few more combos, but they arent that relevant so I didnt put them up. But cr.A, cr.C should be your main combo starter because the opponent cant really GCSF it because there is so many ways you can end it. For instance if opponent is blocking you can end it with fireball, or fwd +A to hit them if they're crouching.

If you are GCSFing I would recommend the C, C, C, f-n-b C, because you can hold forward after the fwdx2. Chonshu's jump C and jump D are very versatile but vastly different. If you're contesting the opponent in the air use Jump +C other than that, jump D should be used mainly because it can crossover.

Against defensive characters (Marco, Haohmaru, etc), teleports are your best friend. Especially hcb +B, B. They bring you close to the opponent and chonshu plays best when very close to opponent.

When Chonshu has killed one character in the corner and waiting for the second opponent character to come in, if your timing is right, Jump D into the corner will definitely crossover (like kim's jump A)

Dont bother using qcb, hcf +P special, unless the opponent jumps in a lot, but even then the damage is not worth 2 stocks. cr.A, cr.C, qcfx2 +P does good damage and should be done whenever possible. It also does good tick damage and very hard to GCSF.

His qcb, f +P is not totally useless. It cancels the opponents fireball so against fireball whores, it is quite useful.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:32

Geese wrote:Chonshu is my new favourite character, so I'll share what I got so far

Chonshu Combos

Dont bother using qcb, hcf +P special, unless the opponent jumps in a lot, but even then the damage is not worth 2 stocks. cr.A, cr.C, qcfx2 +P does good damage and should be done whenever possible. It also does good tick damage and very hard to GCSF.
I normally use it when I think the opponent is going to tag out.
f,f A/C seems to have a weird property, sometimes it can catch a player when he jumps, sometimes it seems unblockable... probably need to do some testing thou.

Kulanator
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%

Post by Kulanator » Sat Dec 29, 2007 13:41

Chonshu is a he just to get that out of the way.

Anyone know of any good partners for Chonshu? i'm looking for someone who can fill in his gaps well.