Vicio
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:RebelSpark
Currently Playing:KOF XIII.
Hotaru Futaba (NGBC)

Post by Vicio » Fri Jun 10, 2005 21:53

Incest!
Last edited by Vicio on Fri Jun 10, 2005 21:57, edited 2 times in total.

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Fri Sep 09, 2005 06:02

Okay, Hotaru ROCKS. Seriously. She is now my strongest character in NBC (with Washizuka a close second), thanks to her stances, poking ability, and new combos. She's a bit complicated to use, so let me go over her moves in detail:

Throws

Ten Raku Tou
b/n/f+ CD when up close
Basic throw. Moving on...

Hanten Tou
mid-air CD when up close
Hotaru has a mid-air throw. I'm assuming it's just like in Garou:MOTW.

Command Moves

Sengeki Shuu
f+ B
This move looks like her far standing D, but it automatically activates En Un Juurokushu no Kamae.

Sengeki Shu
df+ C
This move looks identical to her crouching C, but it automatically activates Ri En no Kamae. (And yes, I'm aware of the extreme similarities of the names of these command moves.)

Koushuu Da
mid-air d+ B
The classic "heel stomp" that Chun-Li and Jhun Hoon also have.

Special Moves

Hakki Shou
qcf+ A/C
Hotaru's fireball projectile, just like in Garou:MOTW.

Tenshin Shou
dp+ A/C
Hotaru jumps and spins up, just like in Garou:MOTW. For some reason, this move was hard to do for me (Hakki Shou kept coming out instead). Maybe it was the joystick, or the strict controls of the game. At any rate, remember that you do this move with A/C (instead of B/D like in Garou:MOTW).

Kobi Kyaku
qcb+ B/D
Hotaru does an upward kick that creates a bluish glow streaking from her leg, just like in Garou:MOTW. Despite how it looks, this move is not a good anti-air. This move reflects projectiles, but I don't see many other uses for it.

Soushou Shin
qcb+ A/C
Hotaru spins forward with her arms swinging for the first part. Then she adds a palm thrust at the end, knocking the opponent down. Basically the same move from Garou:MOTW. qcb+ A can be used in combos.

Shajou Tai
hcf+ B/D when up close
Hotaru grabs the opponent and kicks with her feet before jumping off, just like in Garou:MOTW. You should perform Rengeki Shuu immediately when she jumps off for a nice knockdown combo.

Braking
AB (during Kobi Kyaku, Soushou Shin, D-version Shajou Tai, or Enbi Kyaku)
Hotaru can cancel the recovery times of her special moves, just like in Garou:MOTW. I have not yet been able to Brake the D-version Shajou Tai, but I assume it can be done. It's interesting to note that, if you Brake the Soushou Shin, Hotaru automatically goes into Ri En no Kamae.

Rengeki Shuu
mid-air qcb+ B/D
Hotaru flies downward at an angle with her knee sticking out, and kicks the opponent twice, just like in Garou:MOTW. This move is a knockdown attack. I'm not sure if this move is an overhead (maybe not).

En Un Juurokushu no Kamae
d+ AC
Use this move to activate En Un Juurokushu no Kamae manually. During En Un Juurokushu no Kamae, Hotaru crouches very low to the ground with her front leg straight (think Xiaoyu from the Tekken series). Hotaru can move forward and back (although very slowly), and can also dash forward by tapping f,f. She can avoid high-flying projectiles while in this stance. En Un Juurokushu no Kamae will end if Hotaru gets hit.

During En Un Juurokushu no Kamae

Tanshou Shin
A
Hotaru performs her Soushou Shin, but the first part is modified so that she doesn't spin; she just sort of hops forward (which still hits, although the hits are less) before the knockdown palm thrust. This move is a knockdown attack. This move automatically ends En Un Juurokushu no Kamae.

En Un Kasou
B
Hotaru shoots her front leg out quickly along the floor. This move hits low. Hotaru is still in En Un Juurokushu no Kamae after performing this move.

Engan Soushou Da
C, A
Hotaru sticks out her arm to hit the opponent with her palm (C). Then she sticks out her other arm (A). This move is a knockdown attack. This move (whether you do both parts or only the first) automatically ends En Un Juurokushu no Kamae.

Ryuu Ensen Kyaku
D
Hotaru hops forward and performs an axe kick, similar to her overhead attack from Garou:MOTW. This move is, of course, an overhead. This move automatically ends En Un Juurokushu no Kamae.

Zensou Enbu
d+ D, f+ B
Hotaru does her crouching D (d+ D) and then a move similar to her far standing D (f+ B). If you're close to the opponent and you do it quickly enough, both parts of the move will connect. This move (whether you do both parts or only the first) automatically ends En Un Juurokushu no Kamae.

Senkai En
u+ B/D
Hotaru does the classic "somersault kick" we've all seen from many other fighters. Basically Hotaru's T.O.P. attack from Garou:MOTW. This move automatically ends En Un Juurokushu no Kamae.

Kamae Kaijo
b,b
This move will end En Un Juurokushu no Kamae manually.

Ri En no Kamae
b+ BD
Use this move to activate Ri En no Kamae manually. During Ri En no Kamae, Hotaru is turned with her back to the opponent. It seems that she cannot move, except to dash forward by tapping f,f. (If she can walk forward and back, it must be extremely slow.) Ri En no Kamae will end if Hotaru gets hit. This move can only be performed during En Un Juurokushu no Kamae; there does not seem to be a way to activate Ri En no Kamae manually from a normal fighting stance, so just perform Sengeki Shu (df+ C) instead.

During Ri En no Kamae

Enryuu Banda
A
Hotaru performs the first part (and only the first part) of Soushou Shin, so she will not add the knockdown palm thrust at the end. This move will automatically make Hotaru switch her stance to En Un Juurokushu no Kamae.

Enjin Kyaku
B
Just her normal standing B. This move automatically ends Ri En no Kamae.

Haigeki Shu
C
Hotaru does a turning chop that looks like a standing version of her crouching C. Hotaru is still in Ri En no Kamae after performing this move.

Enbi Kyaku
D
Hotaru does an upward kick that looks just like her Kobi Kyaku, except without the bluish glow. If the opponent is in mid-air when this move connects, it will knock the opponent away. If the opponent is on the ground when this move connects, it will launch the opponent a little bit in the air. You can Brake this move, allowing for juggle opportunities, or simply to avoid punishment afterwards if the move is blocked. Nice anti-air and juggle starter with good priority. This move automatically ends Ri En no Kamae.

Haishin Ten Raku Tou
CD when up close
This move is basically just Hotaru's Ten Raku Tou, so she can do it during Ri En no Kamae. Nice for mind games. This move automatically ends Ri En no Kamae.

Ri En Ryuubu
f,f+ BD
This is a strange move. Hotaru jumps and does a moonsault that hits the opponent as she swings her feet downward. I haven't found many uses for this move yet. Most likely an overhead. This move automatically ends Ri En no Kamae.

En Un Juurokushu no Kamae
d+ AC
Use this move to activate En Un Juurokushu no Kamae manually.

Kamae Kaijo
b,b
This move will end Ri En no Kamae manually.

Super Moves

Tenshou Ranki
qcf,qcf+ B/D
Looks and functions exactly like her S-Power Tenshou Ranki (the infamous "orgasm super") from Garou:MOTW. Great anti-air and wake-up move, good in juggle combos, and it can cross-up if you time and space it correctly. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Soushou Tenrenge
qcf,qcf+ A/C
Looks and functions exactly like her P-Power Soushou Tenrenge from Garou:MOTW. I'm not sure, but I think the last part can cross-up if you time and space it correctly. This move might be good for countering or combos, but personally I'd rather use Tenshou Ranki instead. This move consumes 2 Super Bars.

Combos

I performed this combo many times, and I love it. I consider this to be Hotaru's bread-and-butter.
crouching C, df+ C, D, AB, qcf,qcf+ B/D
Performing df+ C will activate Ri En no Kamae, D will juggle the opponent, AB will Brake the move, and you can add the super at the end. Neat, huh?
You can replace qcf,qcf+ B/D with dp+ A/C or a D-Assault.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Sep 10, 2005 05:41

Definitely not a defensive character. She requires the user to move all the time.
It is all about landing the DM combos for Hotaru as her non DM combos don't really do too much damage. Her stances are also rather short on range.

Her light attacks aren't exactly high priority too.

But I still like her. XD

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Sat Sep 10, 2005 06:26

Empyrian wrote:Definitely not a defensive character. She requires the user to move all the time.
It is all about landing the DM combos for Hotaru as her non DM combos don't really do too much damage. Her stances are also rather short on range.

Her light attacks aren't exactly high priority too.

But I still like her. XD
I believe Hotaru depends more on mind games and poking than on comboability, since the bread-and-butter I listed above works fine for me.
She makes up for the short range on her stances with priority and mind games.
And I don't really use her light attacks, anyway. Her heavy normals are great pokes.

Hotaru rocks. :3

Robo-Ky
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Robo-Ky » Fri Oct 21, 2005 08:39

Quick question guys, what is the timing for hitting AB to brake the qcb+P?

beast00
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by beast00 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 02:59

What are some of the common mind games that can be done with her...Seems pretty complicated...

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Oct 31, 2005 08:08

Robo-Ky wrote:Quick question guys, what is the timing for hitting AB to brake the qcb+P?
Its about half a sec. I do it immediately after kick hits.

As for her mind games, it starts with the dwnfwd C, After that you can do overheads, sweeps, grabs, combos. So if possible always start the combo with dwn B, dwn A, dwnfwd C and then play around with the buttons after that.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Oct 31, 2005 08:23

The point of braking that move eludes me.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Oct 31, 2005 16:41

Wow, Hotaru may have kept most of her moves from Garou, but she plays totally different here. In short, I have absolutely no idea how to use her! :P

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Nov 01, 2005 05:28

Tel wrote:Wow, Hotaru may have kept most of her moves from Garou, but she plays totally different here. In short, I have absolutely no idea how to use her! :P
she plays like May Lee of kof2k1, but not as strong as the korean....

once u get the timing of the breaking... GG.

:grin:

Anti-K'
MOAR
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Tue Nov 01, 2005 07:09

Empyrian wrote:Definitely not a defensive character. She requires the user to move all the time.
So I have to play her the same way I did in Garou. :salute: Lucky for me.

Robo-Ky

Post by Robo-Ky » Thu Nov 03, 2005 08:46

Geese wrote:
Robo-Ky wrote:Quick question guys, what is the timing for hitting AB to brake the qcb+P?
No, I mean the qcb+P. I don't recall any kick there...

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 15:03

Note:
Hotaru's f+B doesn't actiavte the stance if it is canceled into.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Nov 08, 2005 23:11

Robo-Ky wrote:
Geese wrote:
No, I mean the qcb+P. I don't recall any kick there...
Are you sure, qcb +P can be braked in the first place? I'm pretty sure it can't

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 01:40

Another of her combo, acctually, her Crouch B, Crouch A, df+C, D, DM combo isn't _That_ damaging. Theres another similar combo that does a tiny bit lesser damage but doesn't cost a stock.

Crouch B, Crouch A, f+B, QCB+A.