Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 02:16

Impression from beelzebubble:
short impressions after 5 or so games today:

graphics seem cleaner, aliasing is the improvement i see but dont quote me on that (or bother to include comparisons of screens to show me that aliasing isnt the word i was looking for...) long story short, the graphics look a little better than the last loke i remember.

gameplay seems pretty tight though im not sure the ebb and flow of the game is gonna lend itself to fun. sure it seems tight, times and damage seem spot on (yes ive only played it for a little so far but it seems quite a bit better than the loke versions i played in terms of the timer, damage levels, tagging, etc) but the tag aspect at this early point as i theorized before seems to lend itself to turtling... ill have to see how it pans out in the cades over the coming months.

havent seen the end boss yet.. ill see if i can lay my eyes on him tomorrow.

hit sounds are a little out of place i find, i dont like the lack of tightness which remains the same way it was in the previous loke tests.. it doesnt feel kof 2k2 or rb2 tight (or even breakers tight) hard to put my finger on why but i think its the hit boxes and how they match up with the sprites or something related to that... best description i can come up with is blunt (versus the "tight" feel of the games i mentioned above).

im sure itll grow on me and i plan on putting much time into exploriing its depths..

music, didnt notice it becoz i dont give a shit about music. ill keep an ear out for it tomorrow

tight like um... well as loathe as i am to say this the only thing it really reminds me of is svc...

is it cool as fuck? yeah it looks quite nice, cool roster and effects, looks quite polished. do i see the potential for it to make me like it more than rb2? no...

who's looking strong? saw a fiendish robot guy today (has some strange take a hit then counter/reversal move which seems to really be effective) with big damage, an aa throw, etc. marco is a zoning fiend with grenades that are almost impossible to jump over combined with crazy mixup from a distance with jumping in/the machine gun normal move/ground rocket special, etc.. hao does big big damage and can sit back and turtle and do really well...
Also, Athena and Mars People are not playable. It seems you need to unlock them with the AW.NET cards.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Thu Jul 28, 2005 16:08

Can't find the game today, but I will look for it all over HK. D:

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Xenogias » Thu Jul 28, 2005 17:25

Im trying to figure out what he means by "tight" but im thinking of how the super moves lag behind after performing them in previous KOF games (like Orochinagi).

Cant wait to see if they announce that game to come to the states :x

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Thu Jul 28, 2005 17:52

Beelzebubble again:
gotta be brutally honest with myself.

this game is screaming shit at me!

i gave it so much of a chance to earn my love at past lokes and for the past two days but my expectations are rapidly sinking.

sure enough as a package it has redeeming features but the two biggest things i want to have done well in a game, havent been imo.

the GAMEPLAY seems to suck at this stage. defensive play rules the day, the characters seem either ass or way too good (yuki is a fiend, he can do a slide move then outprioritize you straight after the friggin thing. he has a fb that is like a takuma palm except it fucking hits the enemy on the other side of the screen. on top of that it has three hits so even if you jump the first there is a big chance of landing on the 2nd or 3rd part...). turtling pays off big and offensive strats are limited with the attacker having get to the other side of the screen with nothing but jump or the two button bar chewing step.

the FEEL also sucks. ive decided (sorry for changing my call after all the svc discussion already ) that this game isnt actually running on the svc engine but rather some totally new engine that sucks. it just isnt refined. the hit boxes seem blocky and it feels like you are controlling a small rectangle rather than a 4 limbed human being. secondly the lights and shit are crappy.. the speed is weird, they tend to come out in pairs (feels like the buttons are autofire or something with lights..).

long story short the game is not impressing me by a long shot at this point, remember the above is purely my opinion and only given as info for those interested
_________

Well, shit :(

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 20:19

I seriously have to say it........why can't the experts make reviews.......

Gameplay from what Beelzebubble describes can barely even be considered as gameplay. Wow, someone can attack from the other side of the screen, and? Study the move more. I don't think Playmore is stupid enough to make something that overpowered unless they were in drugs like Geese's C, f D in SvC. And as for Beelzebubble saying it's his opinion, yes I understand, but I'm mainly talking about all his reports on every game put together as a whole. I respect and love the beta reports but I'm not so fond of the reports when the game is actually complete. It's not our fault you can't get past that move or this move.

To puts things easy as what I'm trying to say, Beelzebubble's reports most of the time sound like fanboy reports who are trying to learn gameplay or think they know what they're doing. Yay new character with big titties everyone is gonna like her, she can throw a large fireball omg broken.

His reports are good I admit, since none of us can touch the game like he can, but I really don't like the words put into most of his reports. Good info on the beta reports, but please just let the game be once it's out. By now experts probably know how to pwn in the game without whining over special moves.

D`Cloud
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by D`Cloud » Fri Jul 29, 2005 07:23

yep. i was about to post the same thing.. damn you 'guest'
well anyways, i do think his whining is totally weird. he's complaining about the games defensive tendencies... well i myself hate defensive tendencies but that doesnt meani dont like the everything. e.g. kof 2k3. so please take his opinions lightly as for now. the game has been out for only 3 days. professor's report would be good info too. most of the time he has exact reports.

i want to play the game too!!!

soujiro
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:(EX)Hentai Bukkake Master =D
Currently Playing:Blazblue:CS (PS3) & SSF4 (XBOX360)
XBL:TCH soujiro
PSN:JUNHUA

Post by soujiro » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:36

WHAT~!!??
Its out already in Bugis,SS?
I'll be going there to see it.........

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Jul 29, 2005 13:22

soujiro wrote:WHAT~!!??
Its out already in Bugis,SS?
I'll be going there to see it.........
Refer to the SG players thread :P

D`Cloud
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by D`Cloud » Fri Jul 29, 2005 15:53

arcadia sacans at cyberfanatix... movelists and pics.. plus kof xi..

neo dio looks badass. goodman seems okay. name is weird though but neo dio still rox

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 29, 2005 19:50

Lick my pussy Cloud. I'll be pwning you in KOF too!

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Sat Jul 30, 2005 01:04

WAH! Goodman is Igniz! I love it! Thank you for acknowledging the NESTS Saga SNKP! WHEE!!!! So we have both a wannabe Orochi, and a wannabe (though more different) Igniz. Nice. :smile: But, I can't help but wonder if they had to make the Igniz representative so different because of the IP rights? At any rate, I'm very happy about this.

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Sat Jul 30, 2005 04:02

Lol, Goodman is a funny name , first WAREZ , now Goodman

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 04:11

Goodman looks like a cross between Rugal and Igniz o_O

And...that name...most ironic name since "Sol Badguy" >_>

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Jul 30, 2005 06:33

Damn, Neo Dio seems to still have his "transformation" after doing his HERO Move o_O

And WTF @ Yuki&Ai stuff... LOL FUSION?

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 06:41

Chupiler at MMCafe is reporting that there are in fact hidden double assault moves in the game, when you use certain pairs, Yuuki & Ai, Hanzo & Fuuma, etc. Sounds cool - there are some pics of it in the Arcadia scans.

Also, Athena's animal transformations when you lose to her are still in the game.