Post your team and how you use it (aka how it owns!)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%
Post your team and how you use it (aka how it owns!)

Post by flipONE » Thu Mar 09, 2006 05:17

Alright to start things off, lemme say... Addicted to KoF XI. completely. I love it, hence my enthusiasm for this thread.

My team:

Shen Woo
Duck King
Oswald

I like using Shen Woo as my leader, and have Oswald to build meter. If my Shen bites it Duck steps in to Break Spiral all over someones poor face.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Re: Post your team and how you use it (aka how it owns!)

Post by Derrace » Thu Mar 09, 2006 06:40

flipONE wrote:Alright to start things off, lemme say... Addicted to KoF XI. completely. I love it, hence my enthusiasm for this thread.

My team:

Shen Woo
Duck King
Oswald

I like using Shen Woo as my leader, and have Oswald to build meter. If my Shen bites it Duck steps in to Break Spiral all over someones poor face.
nice damaging chars.

personally i use

Duolon (Leader)
Duck King
Kyo

all their combos can be started with a light punch/kick.
all 3 of them have good pressure game they can QS into each other for nasty stun damage.

Duck has extremely high air prority move and kyo's jump B makes for perfect overlap/crossover. As for duolon and his down A, what can i say but OooooOOoooooOooooo.. :grin:

All 3 of them can build the power metre pretty fast....having said that, all of them can do nasty combos with 1 power/skill stock.. basically, i can have them in any order, they all do well as first chars or last chars...

well, that's my input, feel free to comment. 8)

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Thu Mar 09, 2006 09:27

Here's one:

Gai
Vanessa
Shen

..I dont think it really matters who is leader, does it? They're all good characters, strong to use. Vanessa the battery, Gai the tank and Shen the dangerous stock user.

Come to think of it...they're LDms do an aura or mode type of thing....

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Thu Mar 09, 2006 13:58

As with most of the people that play in my arcade, I dont think I have just one team, but some variations I use are

Duolon
Maxima
Shen (leader)

Duolon doesnt really need supers, so he's a good choice to go up front. QSing is not a problem and there is good variation -> duolon quick and tricky, maxima defensive +high damage and shen ultra offensive

Gato
Kyo
Silver (leader)

Gato is the best meter builder in the game. I dont shift much with him though, but when I get to Kyo, easy to QS to silver and do basic combo with LDM (QS in D, stand C (charging back), fwd A, back, fwd E) does about 80% and only needs 1 super plus 1 stock.

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 16:08

Kula
Gato
Kyo

Either one can be my leader, so i can change my gameplay aafter every match... usually will be kula being the leader due to the easiness of her LDM combo.Kyo will be the starter due to his overlaping jump b to start a combo.then it will be QS to Kula to achieve either stun or max damage.thereafter QSing to gato for a combo at corner.. haha this is my QS team..with kyo being the playmaker,kula the attacking midfield..and gato the striker..

Non KGO team:

Kyo
Iori(or Malin)
Shingo(or K)Leader

Learning these characters in hope to beat any KGO team that comes along..
the two teams play are made more to stun than to maximise damage.. K would play long range against Gato and Oswald(his Heat drive, teleport, projecttile and minute spite.. and iori will be dealing with kula with his unpredictable style of attack..(sort of)Well not that i cant use the KGO..but i find it totally boring to see everyone learning them and forsaking the rest.. KOF is about bulilding up ur teamplay and to break people's attack.. not using cheap characters all the time..(Although i feel gato is a very fast and vasertile charac that can play deeply in this game 8) ).Every characterl can have a UNIQUE style of play that is also hard to overcome.. and thats the challenge of the game..Man I Luv this game so much..

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:22

Power House/invincible military guys + freaky Canadian cyborg team
Clark Leader
Maxima
Ralf
Why they own?? True sheer power!! Maxima+Ralf damaging combos, Clark's offensive+defensive ability, Napalm stretch jump a,d,E, LDM, etcetc. These ppl charges the meter as slow as a mole-ass. But who needs stocks when u have powerful non-DM combos???

Mucking around team
King
Ryo LDR
Mary
Well they dont really own.. they got owned pretty often by some fukin KGO teams or KGK(Kyo) teams. Well, at least my King still owns :grin: Hmmm i might call this team dumb blonde team hohoho.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:42

SBO "DsK" team : (Deadly Strike Killers) :

Duolon (leader)
Shen Woo
K'

I start with Shen, since after 10 seconds, one hit = 80% combo, and keeping pressure game/zoning depending of the character in front of him.

K' naturally finishes the work, and directly give to the incomming character a mindgame choice, that can already manage to get 60% damage.

And all my Duolon's game is based on the fear of his LDM combo... It's amazing to see how it can be easy to eat people minds when they always panic about just one close cr A or a jump in A/C... The first mission is naturaly to make them waste their 2 skill stocks by "begining" the combo, and trap the incoming character with a counter DM ^^

I always keep my Shen alive, since his qcfx2 P can a lot of times deal with the end of the fights. Works also with K'.

I also play a lot of different characters, but still didn't start Momoko's training (waiting for a home version for this).

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Mar 11, 2006 00:26

Duolon (Leader)
Shen
Vanessa

Vanessa starts first, because she gets great momentum and builds heaps of meter so when she dies (or I tag out :) ), Duolon and shen have enough meter to wreak havoc. Shen's also somewhat of an anti-oswald with far C. Overall, basically if i stuff up a game, then shen's my last man to clear things up within landing 5 combos :)

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Mar 11, 2006 05:28

Who do I use? XD

Gato (leader)
Kim
Maxima/Terry

I'm weak. My team gets owned all the time. XD

Need to find another stunner/QSer like Maxima.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Mar 12, 2006 05:27

actually, im kinda using a team of

Duolon (Leader)
Vanessa
Malin

Empy, the stuff i was telling you about having 2 infinites now is true. Malin's qcfX2 B/D launches high enough so Vanessa can get her infinite in the corner

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Wed Mar 15, 2006 08:01

Well some time has passed and I have a new team! Woot woot!

The new lineup my friends now comes in the flavor of:

Shen Woo
Duck King

and nowwwwwww: RAMON!!!

I haven't had the practice that I wanted with ramon in terms of his basic bread and butters, but from a couple tutorial vids I saw of him, I think he has potential to be bumped up the tier list significantly.

Currently I'm lost because I'm in need of a leader. I like using Shen as leader but if I can master Ramon's timing on his dp+K, Ramon is going to be stuck as my leader for a long long while.

And I'm pretty sure I can devise a pretty rude combo (quick shift and otherwise) to stuff in someones face. Just gotta learn the timing.

If Ramon IS my leader than my strategy plays out like this: Duck King runs out and starts mixing up all over your opponents face. chain combo into qcb+K knockdowns or into whatever else I wanna throw out. If I find that Duck is dealing out the right damage I'll start throwing out break spiral whenever I hit above 2 stocks of meter. After that it's all about quick shifting into ramon and whipping out his LDM. If Ramon bites it during play, Shen will step in and remind the opponents face that qcfx2+P combos after a lot =)

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Wed Mar 15, 2006 19:26

The team I usually like to pick is:

Whip.
Terry.
Marin (LEADER).

Why? Because I like them all :3 I use Whip the same way I've used her since KOF 2k (mindgames with her weapon). I choose Terry because he's basic and I like to use him. Marin is my leader because I love her :-P also her hammer is funny.

I poke most of the time during the round, and I don't bother myself in using the subsystems.

When Adel becomes selectable, I'll use him instead of Terry :D

Zero
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
PSN:Zero_MTL

Post by Zero » Wed Mar 15, 2006 22:37

B. Jenet
Yuri
Kasumi (Leader)

I don't have a strategy. Kasumi is my leader. It's easy to counter your opponent attack (except projectile and throw) with LDM. They fear unless I have 2 stocks. So I send Jenet or Yuri first to build meter during the match.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 22:52

Terry (leader)
K'
Shen

I usually send out K' first to battery for the other two. Terry just does straightforward rushdown, with WUSS POWAH in reserve in case they stick out anything/jump. Shen Woo is pretty much to clean up afterwards with rushdown/high damage attacks.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 06:22

Kensou
Vanessa
??????

I've yet to completely choose my third character, but after seeing a few things with kasumi, I think I might pick her...if not, I'll be picking up kula, oswald, gato (not completely likely), athena (only to have a strong leader with a reliable LDM, since I onyl know some basics with vanessa's LDM)...duo lon's a possibility since I've heard his LDM is devastating, but I'd also be having the same problem as with vanessa...but for now I'm gonna assume kasumi's my final character

why's my team own?
Kasumi...juggling into a counter? tell me that doesn't own and I'll tell you you're wrong :P

Vanessa, she's just plain fun, her ability to QS out of qcf,qcf+P adds a lot of interesting combos and the ability to "wow" onlookers

kensou is currently my strongest character, but he can go both ways...sometimes he gets completely owned, but when I get into a grove, I've been known to eliminate practically a whole team with him, his hop C is just amazing