Anti-character strategies

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Jul 11, 2006 14:57

yep, the infamous eiji......deemed by japanese to be the hardest character to fight against.....well, characters with good, fast and high priority standing As are good (oswald for instance)....trying to out-zone him IMO is not a good thing, since he dies fast to rushdown, so Gato would be another good choice

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Jul 13, 2006 05:06

eiji, well dont fight back when youve blocked his dp a because he'll be able to move again...try to roll BACKWARDS, or do a dp or DM, or command grab since most eiji's abuse the down d, dp a...

as for now, im really having a hard time against ralph...;p

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Thu Jul 13, 2006 09:43

Against Ralf, NEVER try to out-prioritize against his standing normals... they're insane.

Rush him down and he's cake, but watch out for his Argentina Backbreaker's autoguard.

Also watch out for any stand/crouch Cs since they can easily be linked to the Unblock, which comes out way faster (is blockable, thank GOD) and can be followed by an air dive (forgot the air motion... normal one is charge d, u+P).

OR don't rush him down but only on the condition that you're KASUMI (counter his normals) or EIJI (um... zone maybe!?) or something.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Jul 30, 2006 13:41

Hold up on the joystick.

Kain
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
XBL:Ocelotzin
PSN:Ashlar_Kain

Post by Kain » Sun Jul 30, 2006 20:48

How about more anti-Gato strategies? I use Kyo, Eiji (who is said to be minced by Gato) and Ralf or Beni because of the high preference.

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:inb4 lol
Currently Playing:KOF 2k2 UM & BB CS
XBL:hecrob

ok...

Post by Vastago » Tue Aug 01, 2006 06:53

so yeah... today i challenged this guy that uses Gato, Oswald and Duo lon... he is extremely strong....

im having a lot of trouble with any opponent @_@ it seems that when they jump no matter what they do... if im close enough ill eat whichever attack they use @_@

normally on kof 2002 they will eat a poke a grap or a dp but in XI i end up eating everything @_@

what am i doing wrong ?? my ryo is being slaughtered by this gato player.... and OMG! duo lon is very strong =S help!! he is down A all day long...

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Tue Aug 01, 2006 09:10

yes in 2k2 and previous kof you can defend yourself better
in xi seems that against certain pressing and mixups you can't do anything
i'm a player used to counter everything 'cause i think that the more you guard the more you eat mixups so i try everything learning a game from antiairs to standard antihops pokes
but in xi is different especially against the well known overpowered bastards (new/comeback chara overpowering syndrome?)
shoryuken moves are vulnerable from lows so most of the time you'll end eating a sweep or a low poke combo
only kim for now seems to had not lost his anti everything hienzan
overall aniairs now are only antiairs so you can't shot one on wakeups like prev kofs this way is more realistic but i prefer the old school

i hate also how grapples work now in 2k2 they were kinda invincible or eat everithing thrown during the startup animation
now the more i tick throw the more i get countered if my oppo expects and hit a punch
the worst comes when i play as ash

for anti gato purposes i aim only to cornerize and putting him in defensive situation that is his weakness
this is hard to get and you need to know everything with your team
i use kim shen and terry as main team
kim can handle gato well starting from his strong defence that have as base weak hienzan
then air down B/D does good pressing game and you can poke with A or crB on gato's reaction (usually lows or stand D) or make him eat a hienzan
don't abuse of his hangetsu zan 'cause gato can punish it BADLY so use it at a distance that can't be punished from basics but keep in mind that his palm dm can work in every situation
usually i tend to setup an overhead pressing with crB and sweeps then if landed i QS for a massive damage/stun combo
if you want to save kim from death you can spam his sanren geki and qs on every guarded hit
but i prefer to sweep qs and mixup with the incoming
with shen i have the hardest time against gato 'cause in terms of priority he have only his farB kick to keep pressure then mixup..
and shen's mixups aren't that strong
i have only to work to land and high damaging combo and qs
'cause gato can interrupt with pokes or D almost everything
sometimes i can counter an air to ground attack with far C autoguard but the risk is not worth
terry is a well balanced chara this year and is not that bad against gato
A for anti hops work well and far B to keep him grounded (from 2k2 he lost some range)
air E have good priority also C for air to air or air to ground
standE is a gift of god against his crBs and sweeps 'cause terry jump over it and kick gato in his face
if you're quick and get counter and have fast reflexes you can busterwolf and if not so far from corner dream cancel into power stream to say goodbye to the bastard
so if you're smart enough to make gato's player understand that a sweep or a crB can result in a kick in his face you'll have less thing to handle and this in fucking good!
even dpD is good to handle gato's jumpin most of the times you get countered but the opponent is still lauched in air and terry recover in time to land other stuffs
remember that you can pressure well with power charge chain stopped at 2nd hit that is safe on block and give you some advantage frames
avoid burn knuckle at close distance 'cause it can be punished badly

now explain your chara against chara strats :P

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Tue Aug 01, 2006 14:50

shura wrote: i hate also how grapples work now in 2k2 they were kinda invincible or eat everithing thrown during the startup animation
now the more i tick throw the more i get countered if my oppo expects and hit a punch
the worst comes when i play as ash
Yeah, I have to admit, I liked it better when it was like, 97 Shermie Style, the grab won't come out unless it absolutely will hit, and when it does come out, they're already hit. At the very least if that was too cheap, the DM grabs could have used that property, poor Kensou =/ I honestly can't get his grabby DM to hit in the middle of a heated fight because I practically need to be pushing against the other person for it to hit..

Noisetank Crew
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Noisetank Crew » Wed Oct 04, 2006 07:11

Can anyone help me out?

Currently my teams are Beni (L), Kim, Gai or Beni, Kim,Kensou. Im having problems fighting against Maxima, Gato and Tizo.

Problems with maxima- Hyper hop C, Opponent keeps spaming cross over C and throwing out auto guardmoves.

TIzoc- uses allot of dwn+A and C. Tizoc normals are way too strong

Gato- cant seem to get him off of me, if he corners me im dead.

Can anyone help me? OR know which moves of MAxima, Gato, Tizoc are punishable?