Machine Sightings

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Tue May 09, 2006 22:02

I should've updated this a couple months ago but...

Honolulu, Hawaii, right near the tourist trap known as Waikiki.

Hawaiian Brians - This place is a combo pool hall/video game arcade. The arcade is one of the absolute best in Hawaii for old school and new school 2D fighters and other games. 3rd Strike, CvS2, MvC2, KoF XI, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, etc. No Guilty Gear XX anything though. :( No 3D fighters, but I'm not a 3D fighter fan so it doesn't really matter.

Stuff's overpriced though. Anyone want to play KoF XI for 75 US cents?

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Wed May 10, 2006 05:01

Iie-Kyo wrote: Stuff's overpriced though. Anyone want to play KoF XI for 75 US cents?
75 cents? THREE quarters?! OUCH. That is terrible :-( It's only a quarter on campus. And you have a melty blood machine...? That's AWESOME.

Almost everything @ cal poly is only one quarter :3 Except maybe Tekken 5/gun games.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Thu May 18, 2006 02:06

Westfield Shoppingtown, West Covina

Honestly, I just call that "West Covina Mall" >_>

50 cents/play

You know those horse racing machines? The one where you're supposed to get on and "gallop"? yep. Converted those into a KOFXI machine -_- The computer AI is super easy, boss is still pretty assy, almost all the mini-bosses unlocked....yeah. I gotta go there when there're more people around.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu May 18, 2006 03:09

You know those horse racing machines? The one where you're supposed to get on and "gallop"? yep. Converted those into a KOFXI machine -_- The computer AI is super easy, boss is still pretty assy, almost all the mini-bosses unlocked....yeah. I gotta go there when there're more people around.
That arcade would be Tilt, seems like standard fare for them to do the conversion, and if your stick is anything like mines, it's gonna be really (and rather detrimentally) loose.

By the way, Hawaiian Brians here has Act Cadenza on those loose joysticks. But so far I just see random kids and anime fanbois (and girls) who "<3 TEH SERIES SO MUCH ZMG" button mashing that game down, and spamming QCF or QCB in hopes to have moves come out. So I guess it's best they didn't put Perfect 360 optical sticks on those...

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Thu May 18, 2006 04:24

Yeah, it was a tilt, and yeah. The joystick was ridiculously loose. Doing any kind of qcb/qcf motion prompted me more to jump than do whatever I wanted to do. HOWEVER. It's great that the AI is so easy 'cause it let me practice with Kasumi. <3 that was awesome.

Mmmm. Melty Blood.

Button mashers scare me sometimes. Oh, there was this one stupid kid right...Three of us had put quarters up: me, my best friend and some other guy I saw regularly. We weren't sure who was going to go next, and the stupid kid waltz up, took a quarter, played a game, and walked off. Shame it wasn't 'till afterwards we noticed that he took a quarter. Bastard. We beat him down regularly now.

I need more machine locations in the So. Cal area x_X Playing the same people over and over again is getting stale.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sun Jun 11, 2006 08:13

Anyone ever see one in SC?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 00:03

inuko wrote:Yeah, it was a tilt, and yeah. The joystick was ridiculously loose. Doing any kind of qcb/qcf motion prompted me more to jump than do whatever I wanted to do. HOWEVER. It's great that the AI is so easy 'cause it let me practice with Kasumi. <3 that was awesome.

Mmmm. Melty Blood.

Button mashers scare me sometimes. Oh, there was this one stupid kid right...Three of us had put quarters up: me, my best friend and some other guy I saw regularly. We weren't sure who was going to go next, and the stupid kid waltz up, took a quarter, played a game, and walked off. Shame it wasn't 'till afterwards we noticed that he took a quarter. Bastard. We beat him down regularly now.

I need more machine locations in the So. Cal area x_X Playing the same people over and over again is getting stale.
Urm, you failed to mention where the best socal players meet at (for the last 6 years?), Rowland Heights. Diamond Plaza, Arcade Infinity (AI), right off Fullerton rd off the 60 FWY. Go there in the weekends, definitely some good competition.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Fri Aug 11, 2006 17:19

Kane317 wrote: Urm, you failed to mention where the best socal players meet at (for the last 6 years?), Rowland Heights. Diamond Plaza, Arcade Infinity (AI), right off Fullerton rd off the 60 FWY. Go there in the weekends, definitely some good competition.
Oh yeah. Arcade Infinity. People keep telling me to go there, but I keep forgetting to. First they told me to go for DDR xP Now they tell me for everything else. Thanks for telling D:

Oh, Puente Hills Mall's Tilt has also gotten itself a King of Fighters XI machine. Suprisingly not a horse-racing-game conversion! It's just really tiny, but it works perfectly fine. Screen seems a little burnt out, but otherwise, works well.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 09:39

Puente Hills is less than 10 mins away, might as well goto Rowland, we gotta find a time to meet up and get some kofing down.

-Yuhang

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Mon Aug 14, 2006 03:29

Kane317 wrote:Puente Hills is less than 10 mins away, might as well goto Rowland, we gotta find a time to meet up and get some kofing down.

-Yuhang

I dropped by Arcade Infinity. OMG @ Melty Blood machine + slash <3 DIdn't get a chance to try slash, but tried melty blood and that was just silly. As for the KoFXI there, I really don't want to play there x_X Since the Cal Poly Pomona campus arcade is my home turf, I can't get used to the button config there -_- It's like that at Super Arcade (by Mt. Sac, if you know where that is D:) too and I can't play it for beans. Cal Poly and the Tilt set ups are like..

A C E
B D

as opposed to the one at arcade infinity x_X My true potential can't be seen there ;_; (not that it's very high in the first place. haha.) But eh, maybe I will have to force myself to at least adjust a little bit to play in other places. Arcade infinity still seems cool for a bunch of other games (mostly slash) that I'll consider dropping by for. As for meeting up, who knows xD

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Mon Aug 14, 2006 21:23

City of Industry, CA, Puente Hills Mall's Tilt has one, but no one plays.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Tue Aug 15, 2006 04:03

Anti-K' wrote:City of Industry, CA, Puente Hills Mall's Tilt has one, but no one plays.
Yep. I didn't see anyone playing @ Arcade Infinity either. People play at Cal Poly! Come on down! Well, since it's summer quarter, there's only a few of us that play (my friend and I play regularly Wednesdays afternoons) but it closes at 3pm. Super Arcade (by Mt. Sac community college) always has people playing, it seems.

Hey, did anyone go to Anime Expo and play there? The machine there was my college's machine, and someone topped my best friend's record with 53 wins, using Clark, Kasumi and someone else. Second place (not my friend) was at 39 wins, with Clark, someone, and Momoko. MOMOKO. WHO PLAYS HER (I do, but I don't know anyone else.) >:3 I just want to know if anyone went xD

Super Arcade & Arcade Infinity are probably the best places for actual competition. Everywhere else is just like...no one plays.

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Wed Aug 16, 2006 01:04

inuko wrote:
Hey, did anyone go to Anime Expo and play there? The machine there was my college's machine, and someone topped my best friend's record with 53 wins, using Clark, Kasumi and someone else. Second place (not my friend) was at 39 wins, with Clark, someone, and Momoko. MOMOKO. WHO PLAYS HER (I do, but I don't know anyone else.) >:3 I just want to know if anyone went xD

Super Arcade & Arcade Infinity are probably the best places for actual competition. Everywhere else is just like...no one plays.
Yes, I went to Anime Expo and played there, but only a couple of matches.

I play as Momoko. Sometimes.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 19:12

inuko wrote:
Anti-K' wrote:City of Industry, CA, Puente Hills Mall's Tilt has one, but no one plays.
Yep. I didn't see anyone playing @ Arcade Infinity either. People play at Cal Poly! Come on down! Well, since it's summer quarter, there's only a few of us that play (my friend and I play regularly Wednesdays afternoons) but it closes at 3pm. Super Arcade (by Mt. Sac community college) always has people playing, it seems.
Go on a Friday night. Like I said, I haven't been playing much in the arcade this year, but I know it's still the same regarding competition: The best players come out to play Fri&Saturday. Now due to the release of PS2 there has been some more players too (read novice), but Fri&Sats are the only days good players come out as well, so you just have to sieve through them =)

We really should host a mini ON socal gathering, I ain't good by any means, but at least I know what's going on now (before I was like WTF was that Gato crap!@#!?!@?).

leiloban
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by leiloban » Sat Aug 19, 2006 01:12

Yeah, now it's "WTF was that random @$$ Kula S***."