Best Character Combinations

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Best Character Combinations

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:04

ok well, it's pretty obvious that different characters will work well with some characters and not so well with some others. This is especially true if one of them can set up a highly damaging combo that they can't do themselves. Now with that said, here are some combos i've found out that work"

Elisabeth (Leader) & Kula

Why this works: Simply because of kula's ease of comboing. One QS from her slide gives Elisabeth a free LDM, or a standard makoto-punch to a super makoto-punch. Also, if someone blocks kula's slide, QS'ing to Elisabeth and coming in with a jump B will pretty much guarantee an overhead (unless they know it's coming and stand up to block it)

Shen & Vanessa (Leader)

Why this works: Not really that good a combo, but if shen combos into headbutt DM near the corner, then vanessa gets enough time to charge back and QS to setup her LDM. Potentially can kill your opponent in one fell swoop if you cant get an opening with vanessa alone.

Vanessa & Oswald (Leader)

Why this works: Something that i use occasionally. Vanessa somewhat helps oswald indirectly in the sense that she's a good battery (charges meter well). So when you tag oswald in (or to gain an extra meter, when she dies :) ), you're set to land multiple LDM combos.

Scruffy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Scruffy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 13:29

"Why settle for less when you can have the ultimate power?" - Empyrian on Gato

With that, my nominations for best character combinations are:

Gato(S rank), Kula(S rank again), and Oswald as Leader(A+ rank)

The optimal combination, of course, would be to have at least 2 batteries and/or a good mix of Quickswitch(hereinafter "QS") characters.

Why this works:
Gato is one of the(if not the) best meter chargers in game while Kula has quite a few QSable air combos(read: you cannot saving-shift) with Oswald and Gato. Add to the fact that they're top tier and avaliable in 12 vibrant colours each, I'd say you'd have a pretty good mix of characters in there.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Feb 16, 2006 16:53

Kula + Athena (leader)?

furix
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by furix » Fri Feb 17, 2006 00:33

I think pretty much Kula/Gato + Anyone. ;P

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Feb 17, 2006 09:51

Scruffy wrote:Gato(S rank), Kula(S rank again), and Oswald as Leader(A+ rank)

The optimal combination, of course, would be to have at least 2 batteries and/or a good mix of Quickswitch(hereinafter "QS") characters.

Why this works:
Gato is one of the(if not the) best meter chargers in game while Kula has quite a few QSable air combos(read: you cannot saving-shift) with Oswald and Gato. Add to the fact that they're top tier and avaliable in 12 vibrant colours each, I'd say you'd have a pretty good mix of characters in there.
oh yeah, you forgot that simple un-QSable combos do like 70-80% of your bar. Ridiculous -_-

but i wouldnt call some of their colours "vibrant" (maybe oswald in pink, but meh :P )

Empyrian: i've seen athena's ldm whiff if done too early from kula's slide. Meh, i think people who pick athena as leader are like, cheap :P

Duolon (Leader), Kyo & Vanessa

Why this works: well, duolon himself has a semi-infinite that kills, and with kyo's 182 shiki which (i'm guessing) can set up for vanessa's infinite, it's pretty much self-explanatory. Just don't blame me when the guy on the other side of the machine wants to bash you up after the game :)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:31

I would go with Duolon, Duck king + (Leader) Kyo/Ozwald/Kim/Kula.

Duck King's Jump C/D, Down A x 2, Stand B, Foward C, QS Dulon, Jump D, Down A, Qcf A, Foward B, Hcb C, Down A, Qcf P X 3, QS, LDM.

I know for sure u can connect Kim's and Ozwald LDM after Duolon's Qcf P x 3.

Haven't tried doing so with Kula. Somehow I need to get the flying D to hit when I QS...havent tried enough to comment.....

KoFFreaK
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by KoFFreaK » Fri Feb 17, 2006 19:56

I just started playing this and dont no smack, but I can safely say that kula is simple to combine with anybody...(+1)

I love kula
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by I love kula » Sun Feb 19, 2006 16:55

kula, k', Mary/Yuri anyone can be a good dependable leader.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Feb 19, 2006 20:22

Er, i haven't tried, but i've seen it.

Kyo+ Maxima. Double QS combos with 3 punch chains + finisher = Mucho, mucho stun damage. Double QS combo+ 1-2 random hits= kill 1 character without using a single super stock.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Feb 20, 2006 23:41

AcidicEnema wrote:Er, i haven't tried, but i've seen it.

Kyo+ Maxima. Double QS combos with 3 punch chains + finisher = Mucho, mucho stun damage. Double QS combo+ 1-2 random hits= kill 1 character without using a single super stock.
I was the one who was hit many many times with that D:

The third guy on the team was Shen Woo. Stuff like his headbutt super and his c, fwd d, fwd c (I think it's C?) is nice to QS off of too.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Wed Feb 22, 2006 03:23

my team ^^

Shen/Leader Duolon/K'

The combination of Shen starters, and K' finisher combo are realy excelent!

since the whole combo automaticly give you a power stock and horrible stun damage, there is no need to super cancel anymore with Shen after his C, f B, qcf C

And Duolon has a lot of sets ups for coming and place his LDM, since he don't care about the damage reduce

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Feb 23, 2006 07:33

Dont mean to sound narky about this but...

Shouldnt all this be on the QS combos thread?... Y'know, to keep it all in one place, and not clutter the board with double threads.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Feb 23, 2006 19:56

There's more stuff involved when you're talking about team dynamics, than just QS combos. Some characters are good batteries, some characters benefit much more by being leaders, etc. Even when talking about combos, they aren't talking about specific combos here.

At any rate, I don't think its a total overlap. Makes sense to keep the discussion in one thread and a clean combo list on another.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Fri Feb 24, 2006 01:49

Ah, then as far as character dynamics goes...

A leader Oswald is very well teamed with characters that are fast, build stock quickly, and have the ability to easily enter into combos that can as easily be QS'd out of so Ossie can step in and LDM the opponent.

Examples of good matches with Ossie are Kyo, Duck, DuoLon (as we've seen), and possibly Ash and Vanessa.

Vanessa could be really good IF it is possible to start a combo with her from a low hitting attack. Is that possible? Does a crB, sC... work with her like it does Kyo and Ryo?

I would then call the perfect Leader Ossie team: Vanessa, Kyo and Ossie due to the QS ability of Vanessa's hcf+P and Kyo's Dokugami chain.

Hows that?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Feb 24, 2006 03:03

vanessa can do crouching B, fwd A into whatever. It's one of her main pressure chains.

Actually, i'm starting to see oswald as still really, really good without leader. Sure he loser some of his B&B, but giving it to someone more dangerous as leader like, say, duolon (har har) could be more beneficial, although oswald still does lose quite a lot.