Top 11 LDMs.

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Feb 07, 2006 06:32

Most LDMs do 50-60% damage when opponent has full life. I think they start taking less damage each time their life drops by 25%. I'm not sure really.

I haven't seen a lot of XI's LDMs, though Ash and Duo Lon's don't do very much damage on their own. Duo Lon's LDM is excellent in Dream Cancels and combos, but difficult to use otherwise, since he's meant to go all out offensive with it. And it only lasts for about 6 seconds or so real time.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Feb 08, 2006 07:33

Dunno what happened to the posts that TT and I made, but anyway, TT noted that using the DL's Death combo, DL's LDM lasts for around 15 seconds. I believe that DL's and Ash's LDMs last longer *if* they are hitting/comboing the opponent. If not, they do end pretty fast.

Probably, these LDMs 'count slower' when Ash/DL are hitting the opponent.

Not sure if the same could be said about Shen Woo's, Kensou's, Gai's, Vanessa's, LDMs.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 08:00

You could be right. I'm not very good with Ash/Duo Lon's LDMs, but when I was using Shen and hitting my opponent while the LDM was active, the glow lasted for some 10 seconds or so. Whereas when I pulled Duo Lon's LDM out of the blue and got hit, the move ended as soon as my Duo Lon got up after a Malin combo.

What's Gai's LDM anyway? He isn't unlocked yet in my local arcade, so I don't know how it looks like.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:27

Kensou's seems consistant regardless if it's DCed off the super grab, out in the open and regardless of what you do in that time. I'd say about 8 seconds. Well at least the projectile part of it is unblockable. Damage bonus doesn't seem that significant either.

Pretty sure I mentioned a few posts back that Gai's is just an uppercut (identical to Griffon's guard cancel E in looks, slower and less range in actuality.) If that hits clean (doesn't trade, damn hard) then Gai will do his S/LDM pose as soon as the opponent hits the ground. Disables tagging/shifts and lasts until one of the chars is KOed.

It has no range, is slow, has no invulnerability and does the same damage as a s.A. Because of how bad the hit is you have to sacrifice normal damage to land it in chain consistantly (or get very lucky and hit it as anti-air clean.) The extra moves you get are pretty bad considering what you have to go through to land it. Slide is alright, knee is poor, overhead if poor, command grab without dodge isn't as good as you'd think. Dragon punch blows though all sorts of things though. I can't see any bonus damage or extra defence in this mode either.

Best bit of course is when you KO a character with it. Instantly losing the power-up is hotsauce. Who's got a worse LDM? NOBODY!

Vanessa's DC ender punch is in a world of it's own when considering points scored for using it. Kyo is second by a significant margin. No prizes who scores the least (10x less than next in line!) since I've already talked about his LDM enough in this post.....

Zaraki Zenpachi
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Zaraki Zenpachi » Wed Feb 08, 2006 14:07

i dont know about gatos LDM being top 1,i havent seen the rest of the characters LDM,but i played oswald's LDM,i rarely misses,and i hit most of the time,it rarely misses and its fast and serves as an anti air move too,i hook him up as a leader always when hes in the team,second is iori though

Scruffy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Scruffy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 15:44

Zaraki Zenpachi wrote:I don't know about gatos LDM being top 1, and I havent really seen the remaining LDMs. I have, however, played around with oswald's LDM and rarely miss with it - its also fast and serves as anti air ,i hook him up as a leader always when hes in the team,second is iori though
Ahh did you mean to say that you think Iori's LDM is 2nd best in your ranking? *sweats*

Anyway, one of the biggest advantages to Oswalds LDM is it's counter-like juggle properties and it's resistance to scaling.

Besides the obvious stand A->LDM, you can also do:
[Saving shift to Oswald] -> Joker LDM

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 16:50

OK, thanks for the warning. Will never put Gai as Leader! :grin: Jyazu's LDM damage is off the charts. I'm assuming that's if all 3 hits connected?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Mar 14, 2006 18:26

Thread necromancy!

The 10 stunners in XI. (in no particular order.)

Oswald, Malin, Maxima, Kim, Duck, Ramon, Shen Woo, Elizabeh, Gato, K`.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:10

what the hell? no duolon????

and im yet to see why maxima's is so uber

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Mar 15, 2006 13:50

Oswald is an obvious first, but Jazu really needs to be on that list. QCB+C, df+C and chains would very likely put him second. Ryo is another char who only needs a couple of openings to dizzy someone.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Mar 15, 2006 14:28

Basically, the main qualification, I believe, is that these characters can dizzy an opponent in a single 2 QS combo, or 1 QS (no supers, since supers don't do dizzy) combo with a few random hits.

I can understand why DL isn't up there. He just *doesn't* dizzy even after hitting the opponent a ridiculous number of times.

Maxima dizzies like crazy with stand D>f+A> QCF+P chain, and its also easy as hell to quick shift off that into another 'stunner'. There's this series of high level Henvoke vids with a Duck (Leader), Oswald, Maxima (first character, always) against a KGO. The first player basically always pitted Maxima against the opponent's Kula, and mixed up standard jump CD, Vapour Cannon stuff with cross up attempts. 1 cross up= QS into Oswald= Dizzy= Dead Kula.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Aug 23, 2006 06:50

S- Oswald, Gato, Adel, Malin
A- Kula, Athena, Elizabeth, Terry, Clark, Silber, Ash, Duo Lon

Fairly arbitrary list that I just made because this thread needs love. Not in order within tiers.

Oswald's is up there because of its speed, flexibility and non-succeptibleness to life scaling. Arguably number 1 simply because of the number of situations you can land it off- off a saving shift, off normal AAs, etc.

Empy's pretty much covered why Gato's should be up there.

Malin's also up there, but subject to player skill, since it takes real twitch skills, and not blind attempts at reversals to truly whore the move's potential.

Adel's the darkhorse that I believe should be up there. Its speed and priority mean that you find yourself having to change your entire game/attack plan around it. The fact that its safe also makes it spamable.

I don't think Kula's should be up there because of its *very* limited usefulness outside of combos, and the fact that it doesn't scale well in combos anyway.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 07:09

agreed, since you can see it coming from a mile away. On the plus side, it's invulnerable only after diana has finish or is close to finish running. Prior to that, kula is vulnerable, contrary to popular belief that she's totally safe to physical attack throughout the move.

IMO DL's shouldnt really be in A tier because of the fact that it takes time to land his combos, and time = skill stocks building up for an opponent to saving shift. Normally what I do anyway is not land an LDM if the opponent has 1 3/4 skill stocks in reserve or more. Better to either go for QS or with DL to just finish the combo himself to keep the pressure

btw, Malin's LDM, LDM after the first one hits in the air is just too good to pass up :)

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:45

I thought it was when the first LDM traded and knocked her out of that stupid bounce? Probably both...

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Aug 23, 2006 14:22

Maxima, Adel, Gai and Silber do mondo stun damage, though IMHO, Adel is the worst of the lot if you take into consideration that his basic BnB combo does massive stun damage for so few hits. Benimaru and Gato are pretty bad too.