Whip

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Sep 12, 2006 09:35

BTW,3 dessert eagles are guaranteed in the corner... ppl cant recovery roll after getting hit by the bullets. The splash damage will prevent them from doing a recovery roll hahah....

leiloban
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by leiloban » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:03

I'v tried it against my friend a few times and only 1 hits when he was at the corner. It could be that I was using C button instead of A button for deagle. It could be just timing in my part but would it matter if it was either button?

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Sep 12, 2006 16:49

leiloban wrote:I'v tried it against my friend a few times and only 1 hits when he was at the corner. It could be that I was using C button instead of A button for deagle. It could be just timing in my part but would it matter if it was either button?
I was using the A version... just mash the A button after the initial hit.. so yeah its more like.. Jump C/B, Down+C, Fwd+A X 3, rdp+A... MASH A*5 hahaa... I can confrim that none of my friends were able to recovery roll after it... dun use deagle in the corner just QS-out,DM or Boomerang ur opp ass!!

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Tue Sep 19, 2006 07:28

you can also learn to crossover j C, d C, f Ax3, qcfx2 A/C... when d C, f Ax3 is done close enough, the opp will not fall... in fact theres a vid that shows you can do this:

opp almost at corner, crossover j C, d C, f Ax3, qcb B, and you know what to do...

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Sep 19, 2006 21:00

hanzo_wong wrote:you can also learn to crossover j C, d C, f Ax3, qcfx2 A/C... when d C, f Ax3 is done close enough, the opp will not fall... in fact theres a vid that shows you can do this:

opp almost at corner, crossover j C, d C, f Ax3, qcb B, and you know what to do...
I already mentioned those combos in my Franz's Ultimate Whip Combo List..hehehe...thx anyway

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by christensenray » Fri Sep 22, 2006 07:42

I think i managed to connect jC, sBx2, f+A today by accident.

Does that mean can do:

jC, sBx2, f+Ax3, hcb+B...

Actually, what DO you do after hcb+B? I've never managed, or seen anyone else manage, to land it in XI. It was fun in 2k2, but havnt seen it happen this year.

leiloban

Post by leiloban » Fri Sep 22, 2006 08:52

after hcb+B, do stand B x2, down B, boomerang shot/dm/ldm. You'll have priority even if they block it. Once you get em thinking to block low, mix it up with hop C/D or even cross em up.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Fri Sep 22, 2006 19:54

christensenray wrote:I think i managed to connect jC, sBx2, f+A today by accident.

Does that mean can do:

jC, sBx2, f+Ax3, hcb+B...

Actually, what DO you do after hcb+B? I've never managed, or seen anyone else manage, to land it in XI. It was fun in 2k2, but havnt seen it happen this year.
Yeah its probable... but you cant do the hcb+B part... it'll cause a KND unless its quickly cancelled from down+C,and it needs to be damn near as well.. so yeah you cant do the hcb+B part.....

Aside from what leiloban pointed to you these are the available alternatives....
-QCB,HCF+P DM or QCB,HCF+ E LDM or Sharu Wee Dansu DM DC. LDM

U can omit the stand B X2 down B to whateva2 if you u just plain lazy to do the whole stand B's stuff or whenever you think that the DM/LDM might get scaled badly, just go straight to doing the DM/LDM instead!
leiloban wrote:after hcb+B, do stand B x2, down B, boomerang shot/dm/ldm. You'll have priority even if they block it. Once you get em thinking to block low, mix it up with hop C/D or even cross em up.
OUCHH cross up.. yes I got crossed up a couple of times after a blocked hcb+B.. nasty stuff

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Dec 21, 2006 15:30

dunno if this has been mentioned or not, but her hcf A/C might be a juggle-anywhere move. did crouch B into hcf A a couple of days back while the opponent was in the air by accident, and it connected...

but still, needs confirmation/testing

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Thu Dec 21, 2006 19:00

Yes its a hit-anywhere move, but the hitbox is around head level and above only so it's not really abusable :)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Fri Dec 22, 2006 18:39

~!T.T!~ wrote:dunno if this has been mentioned or not, but her hcf A/C might be a juggle-anywhere move. did crouch B into hcf A a couple of days back while the opponent was in the air by accident, and it connected...

but still, needs confirmation/testing
erm I am confused, how did you managed to hit the opponent in the air with crouch B?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Dec 25, 2006 09:20

the AI was jumping when i did the crouch b