Quick Shift Combos Thread

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:54

Blastrezz wrote:I'm only playing XI for a week now so have mercy on me. In general:
What jump-in move for the character tagged in is best? Is it normally best to do their most commonly (best) ji.-Normal? Or does that not apply to QS-In?

Example: Somebody sets up the opponent and tags in Kyo.
Normally as we all know his best ji.-Normal is the j.B. So would the tagged in Kyo use j.B or would he maybe use j.D??

Are there any rules to this?

--Blast
Depends on the character, depends on the normal, depends on what you're QSing out of and who you're QSing into.

You generally want to QS out of something that gives you a decent amount of hitstun (remember, hitstun is different from the stun gauge stun). This is the reason why Ranbu DMs kinda suck to QS out of - the hits don't cause enough hitstun to give you enough "leeway" to QS in.

You'd also want to generally QS in with a normal that comes down at a 45 degree angle and has plenty of hitstun to allow you to "land" from the QS and follow it up with the combo of your choice. Timing is also everything - you gotta do your normal a little before the character is about to land - but this is also dependent on how fast or slow your normal is, and how much hitstun the move you QSed out of gives you.

In other words, you just need to know how your characters hit and whatnot. All execution and knowledge.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 15:26

Thanks Iie-Kyo for the breakdown.
Iie-Kyo wrote:You generally want to QS out of something that gives you a decent amount of hitstun (remember, hitstun is different from the stun gauge stun). This is the reason why Ranbu DMs kinda suck to QS out of - the hits don't cause enough hitstun to give you enough "leeway" to QS in.
Makes sense and is also what I experienced while trying it out. It's the same for all multi-hitting moves for ex. like Benimaru's ShinkuuKakategoma, too.
Iie-Kyo wrote:In other words, you just need to know how your characters hit and whatnot. All execution and knowledge.
I see.
Hopefully in the future we can collect a lot of information for successful QS combos :D
As for example who shifts out best from which moves and who shifts in best with which combos.
As we all know Kula is champion for both. The QS after the slide-follow-up of her BnB is just plain wonderful..... Yesterday I combined her with Leader-Athena and THAT kills so bad it's not even funny anymore :D

--Blast

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Tue Jul 04, 2006 06:44

My Youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?user=guitalex2005

They are all 100% QS combos. Enjoy!

Also, I noticed about the hitstun from some moves (like Maxima's first hit of his second qcf+P move, and Beni's spin kick) is very little, and therefore, it is convenient to attack VERY early with a STRONG attack, allowing you to land from that. Still, timing (edit: for incoming attacks I mean) is a big issue.

For example, one of my QS combo involves Momoko, and damn it, her D is impossible to QS into because the timing is too strict (she spins around in mid-air). Her C however, although she's not at a nice ideal 45 degree angle, is horizontal and has a nicer attack range than D.

EX Kyo's D is good to QS into, but Kyo's D is not. So for regular Kyo, use C.

All it takes is some knowledge of their normals. Usually just by looking at how the moves are animated gives you a clue of which jumping normal is a good incoming attack when you QS.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by christensenray » Wed Jul 05, 2006 00:48

That's odd, when i try to open the link, it asks me to sign up. Youtube's never done that before...

Anyone else having that problem. I hate signing up for things coz it means i'll get another 10 spam a day sent to my email.

Aah screw it, i'll just sign up. Sorry, for the pointless post.

Okay, here's something to bring it back on topic:

Pretty much any QS combo into (in corner):
QS Shingo, jD, sC, f+B, qcf+A, LDM

will equal a 100% combo, as Shingo does 95% by himself. As seen on Youtube, and discussed in Shingo's thread.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Wed Jul 05, 2006 04:39

True, but for some reason I can't do 100% with Shingo's glitch. I don't know if it's just me, but the only way it works for me is that Shingo starts, and does it alone.

Also, here's another link to my youtube videos... it's possible the link is only for the owner, and that explains why you need to sign up. It's free, though, so don't hesitate to join.

http://www.youtube.com/user/guitalex2005

That SHOULD work.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 09:30

I need help with this combo from YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7D1jUU9 ... ofcombo%2F

Kyo:
J↓C(COUNTER)>>J↓C>>C>>七十五式>>
荒咬>>荒咬>>鑠鐵>>重鬼燒
QS OSWALD,
逆向↓↘→+A>>↓↘→+B>>↓↘→+A(空發)
↘+A>>↓↙←+A>>↓↘→+B>>↓↘→+A(空發)
反方向↘+A>>↓↙←+B>>↘+A>>↓↘→+B>>↓↘→+A↓↘→+B>>
↓↘→+E

Translated as:
Jump d.C (counter), Jump d.C, s.C, qcf+D~D, qcf+A, qcf+A, hcb+B, DP+A (1hit), QS Oswald, qcf+A, qcf+B, qcf+A (whiff), df+A, qcb+A, qcf+B, qcf+A (whiff), facing corner, df+A, qcb+B, df+a, qcf+B, qcf+A, qcf+B, qcf+E

#1 Problem, can't get Oswald to switch directions after QShifting (refer to video)

#2 Problem, really a Oswald problem. After the first "whiff", can't seem to get the timing for the df+A (I know you just do it late) and the qcb+A (and I delay the qcb+A cancel as much as possible) into qcf+B to connect.

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Tue Aug 08, 2006 00:22

Mine isnt all great. I just started makin soem with my team and have only found one

Ash
Jumping deep D, crouching Ax2, qcfx2+D (5 hits), QS,
Adelheid
Jumping, standing close C, b + B (4 hits), qcfx2 + D