Quick Shift Combos Thread

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer
Quick Shift Combos Thread

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Jan 14, 2006 23:12

Because of the liberal nature of the quick shift system, it obviously doesn't make sense to try to list all Quick Shift (henceforth QS) combos. However, it is definately going to be true that some QS combos are better/more efficient than others. Most teams will have a generic Combo> Tag into LDM combo, but some combos are obviously going to be more efficient than others in terms of skill/stock usage: damage ratio.

Hence perhaps we can try using this thread to list the QS combos that we use the most because we find them the 'best' in terms of damage, cost-efficiency, and practicability.

Starting this thread for two reasons:

1. Because of the nature of QS combos. Single character threads don't lend themselves to the posting of QS combos, since you don't know which thread to post them in.

2. I'm thinking that there's more to QS combos than just "QS into Deee-Emm". Stranger played against this guy the other day who was using two QS's in a combo with Kyo/Maxima/Shen Woo. His combos didn't need super bar, but racked up A LOT of stun damage. So basically with 2 skills, no stocks, he could basically kill 1 character.

A listing of notable QS combos would probably help in categorising and identifying the optimal combos available depending on 1. your characters, 2. stocks/skills available

For easy reference, perhaps people posting their combos could also start their posts by listing

1. Characters involved. 2. Skill Cost, Stock Cost 3. Damage 4. Point at which opponent can saving shift

Example 1:

1. Shen Woo, Duck King (no leader required)
2. 2, 2
3. roughly 75%
4. anytime outside the points when the DM's are hitting

(Shen Woo) Jump Attack> Stand C> f+B> qcf+C> qcfX 2+ K> (3rd Hit) QS Duck King> Jump D> d.AX 2> B> f+C> Rush DM

Example 2:

1. Kula, Oswald (Leader)
2. 1, 2
3. roughly 75% (i'm not sure about this combo actually, anyone care to correct me?)
4. Before Kula's f+D

(Kula) Jump Attack> stand C (2 hits)> qcf+B> f+D> QS Oswald> A> LDM

So, erm yeah, I know that these combos are pretty rudimentary, so post your combos, eh guys?

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 01:46

I don't really know how this works, but would be glad if someone told me...

Involves Kula and Gato,

Kula: Jump C, C, f+A, QCB+B, f+D, Shift
Gato: QCB+B, B, f+B, f+B, f+B, qcf,qcf+K.

Something like that, seen it before, can't really get it to execute.

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 03:56

Ratix0 wrote:I don't really know how this works, but would be glad if someone told me...

Involves Kula and Gato,

Gato: QCB+B, B, f+B, f+B, f+B, qcf,qcf+K.

Something like that, seen it before, can't really get it to execute.
hey it ain't f+B

1)Kula then Gato.
2)1,1

Gato: (QCB+B, B)x5(thats the most ive seen..personally done it 3 times),stand D,qcf x2 B.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Sun Jan 15, 2006 04:16

My b'n'b multishift combo :

Shen/K' (1 skill level, 1 power stock) : Jump C, C, f B, qcf C [tag] jumping C, C (2 hits), f B, qcf C, qcb B, qcfx2 P (~75%)

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Jan 15, 2006 09:03

1. Shen, Vanessa, Duolon (My team basically :P )
2. 2, 3
3. No idea on damage, but guessing 75-80%
4. I'm guessing at anytime except on both DMs and when being juggled by duolon's DM

this is actually something i use if i have all my characters still alive and full stocks

(Shen) Jump D, stand C, forward B, qcf X2 B/D (QS on 3rd hit to vanessa AND charge back while he's doing the DM), jump C, stand C (2 hits), b,f A, qcf B, qcfX2 A/C, QS to Duolon on 3rd hit (now in corner), Jump D, crouching A, qcf A/C, fwd B/D, hcb A/C, crouching A, qcb-hcf A, E.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Jan 15, 2006 17:52

frionel... nice combo. I didn't know that qcf+C> qcb+ B with K' sets up a free juggle... :o

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 00:54

The qcb K after the qcf P has the same launcher properties thant the qcb K after qcb K, so you can still chain with a qcfx2 K without super canceling. But the difference, is that you hit with the end of the animation, so you recover soon enough to link with the qcfx2 P... and the damage are pretty good

But I think that this don't work at the corner, so if you oponent is cornered after Shen's qcf P, you just have to do with K' : Jump C, C, f B, qcf A, f D, qcfX2 P or any other juggle cornered combo (thinkin about the LDM absolute combo with the 7 minute spikes??? :D )

samliaoxuan
Is it a bot?

Post by samliaoxuan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 16:08

1. Jyazu, Kula (Leader)
2. 1, 3
3. roughly 75%
4. about 7-9 hits on Jyazu's DM

(Jyazu) Jump any button> Crouch A> Crouch B> db C> hcb, f +C(DM)> (7-9 Hits) QS Kula> Jump D> Stand C(2 Hits)> f+A> qcb+B> f+D(slide)> Stand A(poke)> qcf x2 + E(LDM)

*note: Jyazu's DM can be done in any button...means --> hcb, f +(A/B/C/D)...but in the A/C version, the opponent will stay on the ground and won't fly away, as for the B/D version, opponent will fly alway when hit, so use only A/C version if u wan to QS...

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50

ok well, many of us here know that vanessa has a dp C infinite in the corner, but if she's not leader, then she can't set it up for herself. So QS'ing into vanessa is the only way. Here's the only 2 confirmed ways:

Gato:
stand D (1 hit), qcb B, B, qcfX2 A/C, QS Vanessa, dp C X 9827581

Ryo:
jump C, stand C, f,b,f C, QS Vanessa, dp C X 1041794

One way that i thought of today but haven't tried:

Kyo:
jump c, stand c, qcf DD, qcfX2 A/C, QS Vanessa, etc.

ok well, since both gato's super and ryo's zanretsuken freeze the screen just as they finish hitting, this allows you some extra time to QS in and start the infinite. Without this, it wouldn't be possible. Other moves that don't "freeze" the screen like kula's slide let the opponent fall too fast to set up the infinite. Kyo's would seem feasable as well due to the freezing property.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Feb 16, 2006 16:57

I can only do that one QS combo...

I feel so scrubbly. XD

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:02

1. Kensou, Gai (Leader)
2. 1, 3
3. 25-30%.
4. No escape

Somewhere nearish the corner grab with Kensou's dp+P, wait a bit and land the qcf,hcb+D DM (wait so you hit all 3 hits of the Renga.) QS after the second hit of the Gakusai uppercut/kick. s.E* in corner, LDM for one pixel of damage.

Well at least you powerup and have them exactly where you want. One wakeup non-dodge Triangle Choke makes the damage fair.

*can be replaced by qcb+E, (b+K/b+P/u+P.) Also I wouldn't be suprised if a 2nd or 3rd s.E could fit in here since it recovers so fast.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Mar 04, 2006 20:27

1. Duck King/Gato 2. Skill- 1, Stocks- 2 3. ? 70% at least? 4. Point at which opponent can saving shift- Before being launched by Duck King.

(Duck King) (corner) d.BX2> df+D> d, d+CDE> qcbX2+K (1-2 hits)> QS Gato> (qcb+K, K) X 5> s.C> qcfX2+K

Can tag on LDM behind if you're so inclined... Guess this also means that Duck can set up all of Oswald's juggle BS into LDM.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Mar 28, 2006 20:00

Crazy combo I saw in a youtube video... definately gotta try it one of these days.

1. K', Duck (Leader)
2. 1, 2
3. ?? (will be edited once I try the combo)
4. Before K's Slide

(corner... dunno if its corner only) (K') Jump D> s.C> f+B> qcf+C> qcb+K> dp+A> QS Duck> LDM

That's right. Duck connects his LDM straight of out his QS jumping in animation.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Mar 31, 2006 02:03

maxima and oswald have an instant death, 1 skill stock, 0 power stock combo.....

maxima: overlap jump c, stand d, forward a, qcf C, qcf C, QS to Oswald, jump C, crouching A, d/f A, qcb a/C, qcf a/C, qcb B STUN!!......walk over to corner, dp A, d/f A, qcf B, qcf A, qcf B, qcf E.....dead

got done to me the other day.....killed my poor vanessa :(

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sat Apr 01, 2006 01:30

~!T.T!~ wrote:maxima and oswald have an instant death, 1 skill stock, 0 power stock combo.....

maxima: overlap jump c, stand d, forward a, qcf C, qcf C, QS to Oswald, jump C, crouching A, d/f A, qcb a/C, qcf a/C, qcb B STUN!!......walk over to corner, dp A, d/f A, qcf B, qcf A, qcf B, qcf E.....dead

got done to me the other day.....killed my poor vanessa :(
heh.... sorry bout that, i know it was a bit dirty....anyways just correcting one thing on the combo (in caps)

maxima: overlap jump c, stand d, forward a, qcf C, qcf C, QS to Oswald, jump C, STAND D, d/f A, qcb a/C, qcf a/C, qcb B STUN!!......walk over to corner, dp A, d/f A, qcf B, qcf A, qcf B, qcf E.....dead