Gai(XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Sat Oct 14, 2006 04:53

Ratix0 wrote:Hmm... I just reread the thread, it seems like u can continously chain his QCB+E, f+X... .... ...?
f+X any number of times then the move u want?

It seems quite useful when trying to pressure a foe...
Yes reseting your mind games and pressure tactices...ala Mishimas' wavedash, Gai could have been in a better tier,say A+ if it wasnt for his high learning curve.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:24

Interesting point: Gai can not throw a person with f+D while they are walking back, he will always do the f+D, f instead. So you need to use C throw or b+D. No-one else with f+D command moves suffers from this, and no f+C's suffer either (including Gai's.)

His Blue roll options on block are really good if you want to use your dots that way:
* B > A+B crosses up. And considering how you use his B, this is impressive.
* f+D > A+B will cross up from all but the absolute (I'm talking 1 pixel) maximum distance. With it's range and all the other options after it this works well. Hop B, close D, f+D > A+B.
* far C > A+B puts you right in their face for a close attack. This is actually a good way for Gai to get in since his Dudley punch has great range and is super fast.

Sonic_e7
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Sonic_e7 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 18:16

the stand C, f+D ,blue roll cancel is really good, thanks slapper joe,as a last resort when u only got gai left. In fact, if you have two skill bars, rolling to the back of ure opponent after a clean C ,f+D, and restarting a stand C,f+D,f,b,tag to eliz or os or watever stuns, very situational though... my ways to get gai spider to hit are...
jump in B,spider
d+B,d+A,qcb+E,f+A,spider
d+D(blocked),qcb+E,f+A,F+B,spider
dm chain, stop in the middle and spider
note: the above are not combos

mix this with many hop normals and confuse them to jump( prevent spider) or hit you (prevent hop) ....

far C to tag works well sometimes...
i recomend this than to roll unless gai is the only one left...

smash C and D during his doldge if you think you'll get grab...
some tips here, Acid guy and Empy don read lol!!

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Nov 10, 2006 20:04

No shit. I get hit waaaay too many times by stand C> QS> LDM combo.

Gai's stand C is like Ryu's from CvS2, fast, solid and spammable.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Nov 10, 2006 23:36

The far C suggestion was on block, sorry I didn't make that clear. Close B -> broll, LDM has been working well for me (236, 214+E). I've also had to switch to broll->C since the close D is getting counter jabbed now.

Sonic_e7
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Sonic_e7 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 05:14

i always use stand C for everything, kinda used to it, but sometimes it does not hit crouching opponent which is kinda irritating...stand D can hit but its slightly slower ... i think?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Nov 11, 2006 05:29

Yeah, ive found sD slow then sC, but i tend to use it more cos it can hit further away.........just used to it i guess

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Rush DM

Post by Bankotsu » Wed Sep 19, 2007 03:22

I'm having problems with the Rush dm, I do qcf qcf + K, f, f, b, df, u... and then I can't continue.... is there an easier way to perform this DM???

:cry:

Sonic_e7
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Sonic_e7 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 17:09

Tips for the dm...
f,f,b are fast, df,u,f,d,f... are slow, i usually tap the commands after B twice or more, or smash till the animation is seen and then quickly switch direction and spam again for guaranteed hit even when i'm nervous...