How does the Judgment System work????

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Shirakani » Wed May 17, 2006 09:01

Judgement's fine, i much prefer it to the old time over. This one rewards skill more and punishes one hit whores and turtlers.

I think that judgement can be broken up a bit more into categories tho. Lets say you get judged on

1) combos, combo hits vs # of recorded inputs (so no cheaping w/ multihit DM's)
2) overall damage done vs damage sustained

3) power stocks and skill stocks used

4) number of super/dream cancels done

That'd be pretty fair overall imo. Draw games are annoying but meh, i guess it has a place somewhere.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Thu May 18, 2006 05:30

Errr...judgement is pretty unbalanced as well, you can move the meter quite a bit by getting single hits in and playing keep away =.=;

And some single hit moves (like yuri's slap) move the meter quite a lot...

But basically its nice to have another type of strategy available (eg when fighting ppl who like to play keep away, avoid letting any characters die, finish off their characters with DMs if possible)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu May 18, 2006 06:53

Well, gotta give credit to SNK for trying to implement some sort of judgement.. Double KO sucks... happened to me quite a few times and wth game over comes up.....

I reckon it would be better if they determined the winner (in the case of a double ko) by just looking at the judgement bar just as the ko occurs.

It's a pity but the guys at the arcade actually set the timer to slow and it sorta messes with the judgement system.. you hardly get time out situations.... sigh....

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Jun 01, 2006 06:55

Since when is not having timeouts a bad thing?

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:56

I think we´re missing something about the judgement here, because:

some days ago, i had a 6 wins streak...and on the 7th game...the time ran out...and the judgement bar was neutral (orange/yellowish)....and then the announcer said: player 1 wins...

i was like....???????????????? (the opponent/challenger was player 1)

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sat Jun 17, 2006 20:04

According to the mook (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), when a timeout results in a neutral judgement, the player who has the leader with the most health left wins. This means that if you abused your leader and he/she is near death, and the opponent barely used his leader, you lose.

Great... another thing Oswald can abuse!

This is a weird way to do that neutral judgement thing... I wonder what happens if the judgement is neutral and both leaders have full health... I suppose then it would FINALLY take the rest of the characters into consideration...