Blue Mary (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
Blue Mary (XI)

Post by Empyrian » Thu Dec 01, 2005 15:14

Stand C, F+B into whatever like the slide or the uppercut or the ranbu super.
Stand C, F+A, combos to qcb A, Hcf punch.
Down B*2, qcf*2 D.

Her ranbu, (qcf, hcb p) can be followed up with a Dp B and its follow-up. It has to be the A button if I am not mistaken.

DC is worthless. You want a L.finish, you jolly well do it straight after a stand C, f+A.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Jan 21, 2006 05:02

Hmm, Blue Mary can do that AB shift roll that makes her blink blue in a combo.

Jump C/D, Stand C(1hit), AB roll, Stand C (2hit), Foward A, DP Kick / DM.

Shen
Is it a bot?

Post by Shen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 14:31

Can all characters do an AB Shift and continue a combo, or is it just Mary that can?

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Mon Jan 23, 2006 15:11

It depends on the hit stun of the breaked moves and on the speed of the AB roll.

I think by trying a little we can find more possibilities, but personnaly I think that the "ab shift" should be more used as a feint move or for pressings, than use it in combos (to ad only fews hits for one skill stock....).

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sun Feb 26, 2006 08:01

I was just wondering would this be possible:

Jump D, Stand C (1 hit), f+A (AB shift), Stand C (2 hit), DM DC LDM?

Or maybe after the Stand C (2 hit) Quick Shift?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Feb 26, 2006 17:02

flipONE wrote:I was just wondering would this be possible:

Jump D, Stand C (1 hit), f+A (AB shift), Stand C (2 hit), DM DC LDM?

Or maybe after the Stand C (2 hit) Quick Shift?

I always do:

Jump D, Stand C (2 hit), AB shift, Stand C (1 hit), Foward B (2hit), DM/LDM.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sun Feb 26, 2006 22:26

Has anyone found any new moves or properties with her old ones? I haven't been able to hit up my arcade to test (I'm going today). Also I'm going to test the comboability of her E.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Mar 15, 2006 17:10

flipONE wrote:Has anyone found any new moves or properties with her old ones? I haven't been able to hit up my arcade to test (I'm going today). Also I'm going to test the comboability of her E.
Gah no new moves this time around. E is an ok anti roll.The timing or her slide is dead strict, DP+K priority is increased a bit but still shitty furthermore follo up timing has to be spot-on now, spin fall is still a slow over-head. Far stand C is cancellable to either f+A or f+B on hit or block, need to confirm whether or not its cancellable to special/DMs. Down B*2, stand B is still her best poke. Counters do shitloads of dmg now, dodge to suplex is the shitty 2k3 version. Umm, solid air-to ground attacks, weakened air-air IMHO. Limited mindgames, THE SLOWEST recovery DM animation on block!! DMs do okay DMG, LDM is decent as well. In short, this is more or less the same mary as her 2k3 version, but with an M.Splash rose LDM and ranbu DM. Well no wonder magazine, internet community put her dead last on the tier list!!! A truly and deserving E tier character, but I still use her :rolleyes:

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

she´s not that bad...

Post by Bankotsu » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:18

There is no doubt that the worst Blue Mary is from KOF2003, but in this game almost all her moves gain more priority and less recovery time.

It´s very hard to punish her if you do her slide with B and Spin fall with A, and qcb+A is 2003 version and qcb+C is 2002 version so definetly use always C version. Use her Splash Rose DM only in combo, and Dynamite Swing DM with D if the opponent jumps to you, is for sure to connect if you do it with D. Maybe I´m repeating this but I highly recommend that after you kill one character quickly do her LDM for sure damage for the next character.

I have been playing with her in this game and in my opinion she does very good damage in combos, even more if you use AB shift and DC. On the contrary, she does not do crap damage, she does very good damage if you DC in Splash Rose DM (I have been doing it) and she is very useful in QS combos.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Tue Apr 04, 2006 16:13

qcb A is realy fast but you can hit her before she grabs you if you spot it

qcb C is invulnerable when launched, but you can hit her about a second after the move is done (even if you don't do the followup)

Splash Rose LDM dmg is horrible when done in combos T_T

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 17:24

Mary's damage is high in combos because her moves followups have throw properties, which are very resistant (or possibly immune) to damage scaling in combos. The problem is, throws do crap damage once your opponent's life is low, so trying to KO your opponent with her LDM is a bad idea. It's better to use her LDM to do the bulk of the damage rather than finish off opponent.

That kind of applies to every almost every throw move, except maybe Shen's qcf,qcf+K and Kensou's qcf,qcf+P. Try doing Clark's UABB when opponent has about 30% health and you'll notice it does abysmal damage, like 3% damage per hit.

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Bankotsu » Thu Apr 20, 2006 07:21

I have been playing a lot with her and I do very often the mary typhoon LDM dream cancel from the spash rose DM and does the same damage as the opponent has full life and low life, it does great damege always.

Please help me, I have these problems with her:
-connecting her slide after F+b, the timing is so tricky it´s not like 2002
-stand C (2 hits), AB shift, C 1 hit.... I can´t hit the opponent after doing the AB shift
-after I KOed one character I do her LDM and it misses or they jump it
-after connectig her counter with D (qcb+D) can I do a followup ?
-the difference between qcb+A and qcb+C

Help

:cry:

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:01

Bankotsu wrote:I have been playing a lot with her and I do very often the mary typhoon LDM dream cancel from the spash rose DM and does the same damage as the opponent has full life and low life, it does great damege always.

Please help me, I have these problems with her:
-connecting her slide after F+b, the timing is so tricky it´s not like 2002
-stand C (2 hits), AB shift, C 1 hit.... I can´t hit the opponent after doing the AB shift
-after I KOed one character I do her LDM and it misses or they jump it
-after connectig her counter with D (qcb+D) can I do a followup ?
-the difference between qcb+A and qcb+C

Help

:cry:
ill try my best to help you...
-Her slide combo is pretty hard at first but it gets easier over time... For example:jump C, C,fwd+b,bcf+B, SC DM ranbu...
The trick here is to hold back after pressing fwd+B dont wait till the rolling sobat sprite to come out... So you have to quickly charge back AS SOON AS youve finished doing forward+B!!The notation'd be like this Fwd+B~back charge...forward(after the second hit of the sobat hits or registered as a combo hit)
-U cant stand C 2 hits to AB roll, the hit stun is so small... U have to cancel it on the first hit of Stand C...So Stand C 1 hit, AB roll, continue2....
-Hard... I cant do it 100% yet... however here's a theory... In KOF XI its possible to score a free cross up(not 100% guaranteed) after KOing one of ur opp chars... u have to time it so that your character will hit a cross-up/overlap jump attack on them while they're comin in... So you have to master the exact timing so that by the time they're in the match you already: Behind them for a free stand C/D combos OR crossed their head leading to a cross up combo(has to press fwd to block). The theory here is similar.. but instead of jumping, time your hcbX2 E so that when ur opp comes they'll get no chance of jumping or attacking you.. do it too early=free combo! Too late=free hop attacks....So becareful
-Counter with D on ur opp.. u can do a followup if they're in the corner... Followup is guaranteed after DM Ranbu as far as im concerned
-Qcb+A/Qcb+C... feels the same but some ppl argue they're different.. I always use C version neway...

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri May 12, 2006 22:50

Mary gets used in the SBO final rounds, when even Malin and Beni don't make the cut. Discuss.

Never noticed this before, but Jump C is really, really good. High priority, and you can hit it really early in the jump arc and still get a combo. Also, it dodges+ beats most stand A anti-air pokes.

She looks like a girl, but hits like a truck. Bread and butter DM combo does 50% life bar. Who said she does crap damage -_-'

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

About her LDM

Post by Bankotsu » Wed May 17, 2006 01:28

WOW! Looks impressive when you do her LDM alone, it takes half bar and a little more O_o

I have more questions for you guys:
- Can I DC from her qcf x 2 + B/D DM ?
- Can I QS during her LDM ?
- Once I did: DP + K, then SCed into LDM but it missed, why?