Adelheid (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:55

My memory actually screwed up, from the limited testing the god press seemed unblockable but couldn't grab crouchers (blocking or not)

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Tue Apr 04, 2006 00:59

Bumping this thread, because Rugal's metrosexual son has just been unlocked here (weee, I finally have my Marin - Whip - Adel team :3 ).

This guy needs more love. What are his flawls? Are his jumps as insane as when he's a subboss?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 02:47

Adel is OK, but he gets boring fast. His jump B is still good, but not as insane as in 2k3. Overall, I feel Adel is quite good to learn XI with (ironic, considering he's time unlocked), and decent for fun matches. But I doubt he's going to have any long-term appeal.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Tue Apr 04, 2006 05:08

As leader, I think he's the best boss of em all T_T

Not as leader, I think he's freaking annoying

dwnBx2, fwdB, qcfD stuns really fast, its like 40% off the stun meter from a simple combo.

His normals beat nearly everything ground and air

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Tue Apr 04, 2006 16:46

That's perfect enough for me. Specially because I'm practically not interested in the rest of the cast :3

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by G-Product » Fri Jul 21, 2006 02:35

Adel's biggest flaw is his defense. His anti-airs are lacking in usefulness. Standing E, df + A, crouching C all the same,. I would stick with standing E. he needs bar, mainly to use Genocide Cutter (B) to get ppl off of him n shit.

Here's my SRK Wiki page on him

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php ... 8KOF:XI%29

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Jul 21, 2006 04:24

Qcb, Hcf E is invincible at start up but loses invincibility when Adel is dashing forward.

Qcf, Hcb E is invincible until he dashes near half screen distance.

Qcf Start has great potential. What it does is to cancel the recovery of cancelable normal moves.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Fri Jul 21, 2006 05:54

Empyrian wrote: Qcf Start has great potential. What it does is to cancel the recovery of cancelable normal moves.
XD My friend is making me reply to this thread, seeing as to how he doesn't have an account >_> Anyway. He likes Adel D:

We were talking about that taunt/cancel thing, and it was suggested to use it as a mind game o.o
Instead of hop b, d.b, f.b, qcf.d (or whatever, i have no idea what it is exactly xD)

That you do the hop in, d.b, f.b, then TAUNT to cancel, and start in with another low combo. Have you actually tried that? :O He's really itching to know how he can apply it :o

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Fri Jul 21, 2006 06:30

Qcb, Hcf E is invincible at start up but loses invincibility when Adel is dashing forward.

Qcf, Hcb E is invincible until he dashes near half screen distance.
:0 I didn't know God Press' properties changed depending on what input you use to execute it.

But from what I could see, God Press can't be stopped by normals, and it can even go through projectiles. A friend of mine could stop it with a guard cancel E attack, though.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Fri Jul 21, 2006 18:08

Kyosuke Kagami wrote:
But from what I could see, God Press can't be stopped by normals, and it can even go through projectiles. A friend of mine could stop it with a guard cancel E attack, though.
God press is weird...I've seen it stopped by some projectiles, and at other times, stopped by normals >_> Like..say...Kula's hop C. You can grab someone out of it too (but you would really want to try that?) It can be countered too (any sort of normal/super/LDM counter) lol. trying to dodge it with Elizabeth's sparkle-counter-thinger is hard; I don't think anyone actually has the reaction speed for that, though.

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Fri Jul 21, 2006 23:28

ok as far as the taunt goes I'm just insanely lost lol

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Thu Jul 27, 2006 00:06

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 03:46

the taunt only seems to cancel his dwnD. doesn't cancel command moves like fwd or back B

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun Apr 08, 2007 18:48

You can cancel his stand E too.

There is an upper limit to the number of times you can perform qcf Start. It is said to be about 20 times.

After breaching that limit, Rose will not come out when you do the move. Normally you can not repeat the move when Rose is on-screen. The absence of Rose appearing on-screen allows you to basically recover instantaneously from your down Ds and stand Es. Potentially game-breaking. Practically impossible though. XD

In addition, LDM is vulnerable to Gato's delayed qcb P, B. This is his counter incidentally. Doing that move when you are quite close to the ground seems to enable you to punish Adel... Generally speaking, doing the move with normal timing will enable you to escape getting hit by the LDM.

Edit: Df A can hit an airborne opponent and you can follow it up with a D repukken or a fireball super.