KOF XI Speech and Translations

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Dyango
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Nazi or something
XBL:evilemperornezz

Post by Dyango » Wed Jan 23, 2008 17:29

I'm curious about Magaki... from what little I know, it sounds like his intro is something to the tune of "I hope you'll entertain me" and one of his victory quotes sounds a little like "That wasn't much fun, but you're just a human."

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sun Sep 21, 2008 21:44

I did these a some time ago for another forum, I figured that it would be better to post them here than letting them rot.

My japanese IS very, very weak, so any help pointing out mistakes would be much appreciated, but since the topic has been quiet for half a year I wouldn't hold my hopes for inputs.

EDIT: much props to Sonic Tempest, for a quick reply with several corrections.

Shen Woo

Recovery roll : Yaro -> Bastard!

Taunt : name teiruno ka? -> are you understimating me?

Throws : Sora Yo -> "over there"

Changing character : Koutai da -> koutai -> switch / exchange, so it could be translated as "let's change".

Defeated : Chikusho! -> This is a strong foul word, I wonder if "mother fucker" could fit as a translation

Dispeling fireballs : Jama da! -> "out of the way" or "get lost" could fit

Introduction against "tough" enemies : Omae nara manzoku dekisouda -> "Looks like you'll be able to satisfy me"

Introduction against Shion & Magaki : Zoku zoku suru ne... -> I'm feeling a thrill come on... (basically he's feeling excited to fight them)

Kick Super : Buttobe, which could be "fly away" said in a rude manner.

Duo Lon (Edit : I did some research and changed some quotes)

Normal intro : Misete moraou -> "let's see what you got"

Intro vs Ash or Shen : Aite ni naro ga -> "I'll take you on"

Taunt : Kozaiku ha muyou da "Such useless tricks", DL teasing the techniques of the enemy.

Changing character : makaseo -> "I'll leave it to you".

During teleport : if he successfuly switches sides with you, he says Kochi da -> "it's over here".

During Ghost DM : miseyou -> "be enchanted", I suppose that this is in the lines of "enjoy getting killed by a mob of angry ghosts"

During fire ball DM : Taete miro -> "let's see how you stop this"

Normal Victory pose : Yudan wa Shinai -> "Carelessness is death", could also be "don't be careless"

Victory over Ash or Shen : Kono te do ka? -> "was that it?".
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Oct 03, 2008 05:57, edited 9 times in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Sep 21, 2008 22:13

Toxic Avanger wrote: Changing character : kotaena -> "answer me"
This should be "Koutai da" (Koutai = switch/exchange)
Defeated : Shikusho! -> This is a strong foul word, I wonder if "mother fucker" could fit as a translation
"Chikusho!"
Dispeling fireballs : Yama da! -> "out of the way" or "get lost" could fit
"Jama da!"
Introduction against "tough" enemies : I'm really sure, I think I hear Omae nara nanda **** so ka (I miss heard one word), If I'm half right that could be "let's see what you are about"
"Omae nara manzoku dekisouda" = Looks like you'll be able to satisfy me.
Intro against Shion and Magaki -> I don't get it :P I think it's something like zoku zoku surigu ne? wich I don't know how to translate.
"Zoku zoku suru ne..." = I'm feeling a thrill come on... (basically he's feeling excited to fight them)
Kick Super : I don't know how to romanize the word, but I think it's Pa-tobe, wich could be "fly away" said in a rude manner, I really need to better check this one.
"Buttobe!"

No idea about the DL ones since I don't play him.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Oct 02, 2008 19:36

For those who haven't noticed, I edited the previous characters with some corrections

And now, because everybody loves them:

Edit 1 : Due to feed back, me loves corrections :3

Heidi

Main intro: Rose -> otosan no tameni gambatte ne, oni sama "For the sake of our father, do your best Oni sama" and Adel goes makasetoke "leave it to me".

Second intro: Kateru darou ka, ore ga "I wonder if I'll be able to win (this fight)"

Rose Taunt: oni sama, hayaku yarimasho "Oni sama, hurry and win this".

Defeated: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

During G. Wand : Shield

During G. Sklaven : Rose goes sugoi wa, oni sama "That was great, oni sama"

First Victory pose : Touzen no kekka da "(it was) an expected result", then Rose says one of two posible lines Satsuga douzo no oni sama ne "That's sure like my oni sama, isn't" (she is speaking of him winning) or onisama, sugoi! "Oni sama is the best".

Second Victory pose : Adel goes hmnp, then Rose nags the enemy with Nanto gehin na kao desu no? Dakara chi mochi mochi mono kirai "What's the deal with such vulgar face? Therefore for our family to answer to people like yourself is such a pain (hate) ". I'm really not sure about this one *choi

Bonus : 2k3 intro vs Kyo : Ano otoko ga? Kusanagi ka? -> this can be translated as "You mean that man is Kusanagi?"

Ash Crimson

Normal introduction : Boku niha... katenai yo "you won't beat me"

Intro vs Elizabeth Boku no Jama wo shinai Houga mino tameda yo ♪ "I had this feeling that you guys will get in my way ♪"

Intro vs Magaki : Anta teido ji ya, hanashi ni naranai ne "Your limits, aren´t really worth considering".

I don't get what he says in the Throw.

Taunt : Sono te do na no "is that all?"

Taunting Iori Iine... Kimino subetewo miseteyo♪ "How is it?.... Do it, show it to me all ♪"

Taunting Kyo Kimini, bokuni dome rarenai yo "What I want... I just won't stop (for anything)" (I think that Kimi ni is "I feel", but I choose the less gay interpretation for most of his lines)

Recovery roll: Amai ne As discussed, a good translation for the situation would be "You're too naive" as in what you did to him, won't stop him.

Change : deban deyo "It's your turn"

During Termidore : hhhooooaaaaaaa-- HAI NINARE! "scream-- TURN TO ASHES!"

During Pluviose : Osoi yo "you are too slow"

During Sans Culotte : the end; on the follow up he says Ikuyo "let's go"

First victory pose : kekou issen iitetan janai I'm not that sure, but I think it was something like this 結構良い線、いってたんじゃない? -> "I wonder if I could say "you are right on track"? (sarcastic remark about his enemy not being able to put up a fight)

Second victory pose : Gakari da yo? "I'm dissapointed"

Victory pose over Iori / Kyo : Hisashi buri ni zoku zoku shi ta yo "It's been long since I felt such excitement".

Victory pose over Makagi : Angai.... Tanoshimeta yo "Unexpectedly... that was very fun".
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Sat Jan 03, 2009 07:40, edited 7 times in total.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Fri Oct 03, 2008 04:13

Don't have access to the game anymore, so I'll just correct those that are obvious:
Toxic Avanger wrote:For those who haven't noticed, I edited the previous characters with some corrections

And now, because everybody loves them:

Heidi

Main intro: Rose -> otosan no tameni gambatte ne, oni sama "For the sake of our father, do your best Oni sama" and Adel goes makaseto kete "leave ir to me".
Relatively sure this is "makasetoke", which is rightly translated.

Second intro: kateru daro ka, ore ga I'm not that sure, but I think it could be something like "attaining victory.... (that's what) I'll do"
"Kateru darou ka, ore ga" - I wonder if I'll be able to win (this fight)

First Victory pose : (unsure about the spelling) tosen no kenka da "it was as expected", then Rose says one of two posible lines satsudana no oni sama ne? "That's sure like my oni sama, isn't" (she is speaking of him winning) or onisama, sugoi! "Oni sama is the best".
"Touzen no kekka da". (This was) An expected result.
"Satsuga no onii-sama ne" , translated close enough.
Bonus : 2k3 intro vs Kyo : Ano otoko ga? Kusanagi ka? -> And that man? is that Kusanagi?
Close enough translation, a more natural way to say it in English would be something like "You mean that man is Kusanagi?"

Intro vs Magaki : Omae ni aite wa... hanashi ni narai "You as an enemy... isn't anything to write home about" (very loose translation, I want to recheck this but ps2 got toasted :P).
More closely translated to something like "You're not worth considering as an enemy"
Recovery roll: Amai ne "That's nothing"
More closely translated to something like "You're too naive" (If you think that's enough to stop me)

kyo_kusanagi
Is it a bot?

Re: KOF XI Speech and Translations

Post by kyo_kusanagi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 22:24

Hello..

I'm looking for the right romanji and translation for the following phrases...

- Kyo when defeating Iori in KOF XI, it's sounds like "Akirameru Kanjin Da Ze..." I think...
- Iori special taunt Vs Kyo, and when he defeat him... sounds like "Hanashi ni nara.. ???" can't figure out this one...

I'll aprecciate if somebody helps me with this ones...

-Kyo

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Nov 05, 2008 16:16

kyo_kusanagi wrote:I'm looking for the right romanji and translation for the following phrases...

- Kyo when defeating Iori in KOF XI, it's sounds like "Akirameru Kanjin Da Ze..." I think...
- Iori special taunt Vs Kyo, and when he defeat him... sounds like "Hanashi ni nara.. ???" can't figure out this one...
I don't have access to the game right now and I don't know when I'll get it (perhaps weekend, I can't tell for sure). I remember from playing that they weren't hard to get

I couldn't find it on infoseek, so I couldn't double check If your guess is right, it could be something like : Akirameru kanji da se.... "I had this feeling you wouldn't give up" (I think this should be something like "I knew you wouldn't stop until getting creamed" type of line).

If you could find the others quotes on youtube, that would be really helpfull... Or if someone with the mook shows up

wow stares at Sonic tempest wow

I updated / corrected Ash by the way... If I can I would like to go for Shion & Magaki next 「我が前に敵は無し」

kyo_kusanagi
Is it a bot?

Post by kyo_kusanagi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 08:10

I think and I can hear that is something like ¨Hanashi ni Nara Ba... Kyo...¨ and searching for the meanings of the words and some common phrases, it seems something like ¨You can see that you´re not a worth rival... Kyo¨

Not sure of it, but that´s a trademark style phrase os Yagami hehe...

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Jan 03, 2009 05:01

Iori special taunt Vs Kyo & Victory
Late reply :P PS2 got fixed wow

Taunt : Kyo, Kisama o kiatsu no a kono ore da "Kyo, this (feeling of) (great) pressure comes from me".

Victory : Doushita? Kisama no koremade ka? "What's wrong? Is this how far you can go?" ("is this the extent of your abilities" type of line)

Corrections are uerucome

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Jan 06, 2009 04:17

Toxic Avanger wrote:
Iori special taunt Vs Kyo & Victory
Late reply :P PS2 got fixed wow

Taunt : Kyo, Kisama o kiatsu no a kono ore da "Kyo, this (feeling of) (great) pressure comes from me".

Victory : Doushita? Kisama no koremade ka? "What's wrong? Is this how far you can go?" ("is this the extent of your abilities" type of line)

Corrections are uerucome
If I can I would like to go for Shion & Magaki next 「我が前に敵は無し」

この ヴィジュアル系 め, Shion keeps using Chinese for his moves, and I can only guess through online dictionaries & dumb luck what exactly he is saying in those moves, I'll add kana & kanji in those cases.

Shion ç´«è‹‘

Main intro : Sako ha hikkon dero "Stay right there, you garbage"

Alter intro : Tanoshi masete kure yo "Let's have some fun"

Taunt : Nogasa ne ze "I won't let you go"

Rolling : Osoi "Slow"

Change : Lian Siren , This is supposedly chinese D: with online dictonaries, google dictionary and random kantakanizing I interpret this very losely as "calling the troops" (连 塞壬 kana : リャン スィーレン)

Throw : Shine "Die"

Fireball : Botsuu sen "Featherless arrow" (没羽箭, more chinese)

During Dragon kick : Ryusei Kyaku "Shooting star kick" (流星脚)

During Zanretsuken alike : Taihou ken "100 cannon fist" (百足大砲拳)

During Guard crushing punch : Sou suishou "Twin / Double Break" (双破)

Qcf Start with weapon : Shao Suishin "Defensive Arrow shots" (援護 弓射, kana : シャオ スィーレン)

Ranbu DM : Quan Xaenmi "Double spin push" (双推旋, kana : クァン シェンミー)

LDM : Xui Deinri "Fire & Lighting meteor" (流星霹靂火, kana シュイ ディンリー)

Weapon 1st victory pose : Jigen ga chigaun da yo "It isn't in thins dimention" (He was looking for the orochi seal 'universe', right?)

Weapon 2nd victory pose : Yosouijou no yowasa da na "Weaker than expected"

Magaki 禍忌

Main intro : Hito no motsu ka nou sei toyara, Misete mouraou "All of that hidden talent that people supposedly have latent inside, show it to me" (was I too literal? :P)

Intro vs Ash o Elizabeth : Omae tote, teki deha nai "Even if you are the enemy, it means nothing"

Intro vs Kyo o Iori : Kietemorau zo…… Omaera nina "I'm going to erase (disappear)... All of you"

Taunt : Konna mono darou? "Is this it?"

Throw : Modae yo "Feel the agony"

Overhead : Sora "Look"

During invisible energy balls : Mieru ka? "Can you see it?"

During flame wall hakuse yo "split up"

During long range throw : Soko ka "over here"

During Leader : Jigen no agito ni biki kusakare yo! "The outside dimentional borders will split open" I can only hear the "kusakare yo", but I have seen in several jp sites the whole sentence as a quote.

First victory pose : Waga maeni teki ha nashi "Before me there is no (worthy) enemy"

Second victory pose : Ka nou sei nado mukata. Shosen ningen da na "It seems that there is no such so called latent hidden talent that the likes of you are supposed to have. I wasn't expecting anything from humans after all (I made another too literal one :P).

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 03:26

I plugged the game today.

Iori's victory over Kyo was "Doushita? Kisama mo koremade ka?".
Kyo's victory over Iori was "Akirame na kanji da ze"
For both the previous translations should still apply closely enough :P

Before anyone ask, Iori's taunt against Ash is "Hmn, Kisama gotoki" , "Hmn, like if you could", he is implying that he can't be controlled / handled by Ash

AND I didn't realized someone asked for betty before:

Elisabeth Blanctorche

Main itro : anata no ii kisama? misete morau masho "Are you prepared? now let's see what you got" , doesn't make much sense in my head but it is what I hear every time.

Intro vs Magaki : waga shime atashi masu "Now I'll fullfil my duty"

Intro vs Ash : Yahari, anata ga "I knew it, that you..."

Throw : mada mada yo "It's to early / not yet"

Taunt : soko made ka no ni "This is how far you get"

Change : Ikinasai "Go"

Roll recovery : mada yo "Not yet"

Recieving Momko's throw : Kore wa kokoro "My heart" , This could meant 'my intentions'.

Defeated : mada mada! "Not yet!!"

Foward B : osoi wa ne "Aren't you a slow one"

QCF + A : utsunu ke! "pierce through"

Throw DM : Oinari hikari totomoni "entangled in this prayer of light"

Uppercut DM : Hae yagare... WHOOOOOOAAA "Fly Away... * scream * ".

Leader : Hirameki no Arashi wo "lighting storm".

1st victory : Waga kokoro keshite aremasen "My heart cannot be broken"

2nd victory : Asobi de nai no yo, kono tatakai wa "This is no game, this battle field"

3rd victory : Shin no haigoku toha, pride wo ushinau koto.... Owaka ri? "True defeat is, the lost of one's pride.... Can you see it?

And perhaps the world is not yet ready for...

Momoko 桃子

Main intro : Isha! ichiban Momoko, Ikimasu! "Enjoy! Momoko's is first, here she goes"

Alternative intro : Momoko, gambari yo "Momoko, will do her best"

Intro vs Athena : Momoko, Gambaru "Momoko, do your best"

Intro vs Kensou : oai shi "I got it" , I think she used 'I got served'

Intro vs Oppai : Oppai ya, oppai "They are Big breats, big breast"

Taunt rakusou ne, rakusou? "Piece of cake, he? piece of cake"

Roll recover : Abunya "dangerous"

Change : Bion bii ni "Feel my cute voice"

Time lost : gu gu gu gu gu gu , she wheeps

Recieving momo's throw : Nurui yo "How enfeblee" (I guess she es speaking about herself not taking damage very well).

Death : Iyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa , A way of saying no.

Throwing : Iyan~~♥ , It's like saying 'don't' but she uses a playful / teasing tone.

During E : Kono "This"

Foward A : Raisha "Find me" (she uses 'meet me')

During QCF A/C : Bishi... Bashi.... ya! , I have good doubts for this one, 'bishi bashi' can be sound effects like 'pof & pow', but as far as I know bishi bashi also has a meaning as a expresión (which I'm not very sure what it is; it was also a very fun konami game :P), While googling about it I read that bishi can be a short for bishoujo, bashi can be used as 'here it is / to be', if that's true & correct for the case, it could be "Here is a cute little girl (attack)"... Any Help?

Pheonix Arrow

During Doremi canto : Do re mi fa sol la si do , it's the Solfège, she can change the order of the music notes depending on what combo you use.

During throw DM : Oho shi samani nachae , very unsure about this one as well, I think '
aho shi' would imply selecting one of several options, with that I'll end up with "There is something I want to know", meaning that she wants to check how far the enemy can fly off.

Leader : ESP! , "Extra sensorial Perception" , of course she pronnounces it as Esu pa!

First victory : Yatta~! Yatta~! Yattaaaaaaaaa~! "Hooray~! hooray~! hooray~!"

Second victory : Momoko, Athena-chan Dai~Suki "Momoko likes a lot Athena-Chan"

Third victory pose : Makete, ne makete? "You lost, hey you lost?" I have seen this when losing to the AI, but I can't select it through the buttons. May be it's pseudo special like most of Shen's poses.

Victory over Athena or Kensou: Momoko no koto, kirai ni narai na ne? "Once Momoko does something like this, wouldn't you dislike me from now on?"