System thingys in KOFXI

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Jan 14, 2006 03:26

just skimmed through, and couldnt see this mentioned, but if you want to do an AB cancel through normal moves, it requires skill stocks, not normal stocks

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

System Summary and Bump

Post by flipONE » Wed Mar 01, 2006 23:43

(Info summarized from ShadowSonic, Empyrian, AcidicEnema, Tel) Thanks all for the info but I hate scrolling through threads trying to find what I want so I compiled it all together (well whatevers been added currently). Hope this helps anyone out.

Tagging:
- A+C/B+D - regular tag. Can be done at any time as opposed to 2K3's time-limited system.

- A+C/B+D during normal/special/DM hits = quick shift. Uses one skill stock.

- A+C/B+D while in hitstun = saving shift. Uses two skill stocks.

Canceling:
- A+B during normal hits cause the character to flash blue, roll and recover (usually) before the opponent does. costs 1 skill stock.

I refer to it as blue shifting.
I.e. Blue Mary: Jump D, st+C (1hit), f+B (2 hits), blue shift, st+C (1hit), f+A xx DM/LDM/dp+K,dp+K.

- Super Cancel and Dream Cancels cost 1 Skill Stock in addition to any Meter Stocks.

Misc:

- f+A+B when hitting the ground causes a forward recovery roll.

- The Red Bar next to your current characters portrait is the Dizzy meter.

- LEADER LIFEBARS ARE GREEN

Bosses:

- Adel: You didn't do too much did you?

- Gai: 1 L.Finish.

- Silber: 1 Perfect, 1 L.Finish, Around 7 (give or take) SS.Finish

- Hayate: No Recovery Roll. 3 L.Finish

- Jyazu: No Recovery Roll, 9 SS.Finish

- Do NOT, under any circumstances use THROW DM/LDMs on sub-bosses. Your damage will be absolutely pathetic. I did Tizoc's Big Fall Griffon LDM on Gai Tendou when he had like 25% health left and the move did less than 10% damage. I tried Clark's Ultra Argentine Backbreaker LDM on Adel, and the move did less than 10% damage as well. If I was using Oswald's LDM, he would've been dead.

- Do NOT try to win by timeout against the sub-bosses. The judgement system will always swing in their favour. I had 1 1/2 characters left, and on two occassions, I whittled the sub-boss down to less than 10% health, but the judgement was still in their favour. Thankfully this doesn't apply to Magaki.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Mar 02, 2006 02:52

- Hayate: No Recovery Roll. 3 L.Finish

- Jyazu: No Recovery Roll, 9 SS.Finish
No recovery roll? ie: if knocked down, dont press AB? Really? That's just weird. Reminds me of MK2 to face Smoke, dont use punch in the previous round.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Mar 02, 2006 14:21

i dont where to ask this?

how do you escape normal grabs...can you escape them by pressing CD together lik 2k2 and 2k3?

also, why is it a little hard to block hop attacks...or you just have to block faster?

thanks in advance

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Mar 02, 2006 15:04

_KC_ wrote:i dont where to ask this?

how do you escape normal grabs...can you escape them by pressing CD together lik 2k2 and 2k3?

also, why is it a little hard to block hop attacks...or you just have to block faster?

thanks in advance
just press C/D just when they grab you and u should break free..

if u have problems with the timing, just "try to grab" them when they grab you, i.e pretend you are going for the grab by holding foward + C/D

HTH

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 16:09

to escape the throws, you have to push C or D depending of the button used by the oponent.

But you can still use the old C+D technique, but you have less time for doing it, than using the proper button.

To resume, if you're sure of what your oponent used, push the right button (you have more time to avoid the throw), and if it's "by reflexes", use the C+D combination.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Mar 02, 2006 16:19

can i instead spam on the CD buttons? o

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Mar 02, 2006 17:05

The no recovery roll was a mistake. I apologise for the error. The correct meaning should be no downed character.

This happens when you try to translate a thread in chinese which got its information by translating another post from a Japanese source. XD

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Sun Mar 12, 2006 08:57

Easy question: How do you get random teams? Not just a random character but a whole set team (which then changes to a different one every round)?

In 2k2 is was done by holding Start then u (or dwn), then selecting (of course when selecting the first character).

How is it done in this version? I'm sure i've seen people doing it. It can't be Start + u, coz that's now the normal random select option.

:?:

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:19

Start + L/R

As you mentioned U/D is for single chars.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:28

frionel wrote:It also seems that when your are alone, you can still cancel your attacks by the quick shift (A+C or B+D), but instead of tagging, your character flash and you can follow it by any other action (like the MAX activation on 2002) and it costs also 1 skill level.

We can see it on 8one video versus Shion, and on the first versus video (kula cancels her st B by a roll).

Someone can give us more information about this? Because if it's really works like this, it's a sort ggxx "roman cancel"... but only when you're alone... so you can still make big combos with only one character...

1.-
i dont know if this is true or just a misunderstanding. I´ll try it whenever i can

But, there IS still the 2k2 quick emergency evasion move cancelling;

Press A+B when performing almost any ground attack (standing or crouching if i recall ) (dont apply with any special/DM/LDM)

U can apply this with any character

(from what i read u saw on that match with Kula, THIS IS what happened)

i repeat, i dont know if we are talking 2 different system thingies here, or simply a misunderstand. Feedback could be appreciated XD

//
post edit:

O I C, it was a misunderstanding that got corrected in page 2

well then, moving on:
2.- On a short side note, I´ve seen that the "Ground damage" reappears
(example: use Kim and do a close crouching D followed by down down B/D= 2 hits)

am i right? lol

and 3:

Judgement Bar tends to a side ONLY after any attack correctly Connects

(i mean: If somebody attacks u and u block the attack, the judgement bar remains the same)

no matter if its a normal, grab, special move, DM, LDM, if it doesn´t connect, no judgement bar tending to any side.

Also, everytime u lose a char, Judgement bar possitively tends like !/4 to the side of the player that "downed" the opponent´s character

(this is what i recall from games played by myself, u can correct me if wrong)

*salutes

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 04:33

Hold Start and press Left or right to engage in Random. press Up or Down to choose between Single and Team random.

During Leader Select, hold start to select random leader. Whether the leader rotate in the next round, i'm nto sure.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Mar 14, 2006 09:37

when choosing the order of your characters, you can also hold start to do a random order.

you can also choose to reveal your order of your characters by holding on to the E button as you press A/B/C.

when you hold start for random leader in Single player mode, your leader position would randomly change after every match.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:16

Hmm
A C E
B D
is more common, most arcade use this config. I cant remember where, but i think I saw this configuration b4

-A B C
D-----E
was it in Europe or Australia , cant remember? But it was strange alrite!

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:40

Seem like the recommended config from SNKP is

A C E
B D

Although some arcade still uses

..A B C
D .. E