Maxima (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 04:39

Derrick wrote: huh? I can land 3 down light punches after I do a Jump C (overlap)..
Yeah, but I think the qcf+A will miss after the 3 crouching A. There's nothing wrong with his crcouching A, but the qcf+A had its range shortened.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04

Tel wrote:
Derrick wrote: huh? I can land 3 down light punches after I do a Jump C (overlap)..
Yeah, but I think the qcf+A will miss after the 3 crouching A. There's nothing wrong with his crcouching A, but the qcf+A had its range shortened.
Hmm, I will try this out later and let you know if it was my silly imagination...

:grin:

btw, is there anyway u can include Qcf X 2 D in his combo since it was that weird juggling property? Oh well, just getting lazy here.. haha, going to try it out as soon as i finish work...which is 26mins time 8)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Feb 25, 2006 02:19

Tel wrote:
just tried it yesterday, I can crouch A x 2 into qcf A combo from the front and, do Jump C (overlap/crossover whatever you call it) and do 3 crouch A before connecting thte qcf A.

The range is slightly shorter, but I can still link these. You can notice it when you try to hit Iori after blocking his dp A or any char's punishable move.. the light punch would hit, but the qcf A tends to miss.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Mar 13, 2006 14:49

Ryo/Maxima QS combo

just do the qcf x2 a qs into ryo and do the LDM combo. Once the opponent is stunned, push the opponent into the corner, (Ryo) jump D, stand C, fwd back fwd C (last hit) QS into Maxima dwnfwd C, qcfx2 B, qcfx2 B

timing for the qcfx2 B after dwnfwd C is not strict. remember you're NOT
cancelling dwnfwd C into qcf x2 B

of course you can do that with any character with a launcher ie: Kula's qcb B fwd D

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Mar 13, 2006 16:09

Geese wrote:Ryo/Maxima QS combo

just do the qcf x2 a qs into ryo and do the LDM combo. Once the opponent is stunned, push the opponent into the corner, (Ryo) jump D, stand C, fwd back fwd C (last hit) QS into Maxima dwnfwd C, qcfx2 B, qcfx2 B

timing for the qcfx2 B after dwnfwd C is not strict. remember you're NOT
cancelling dwnfwd C into qcf x2 B

of course you can do that with any character with a launcher ie: Kula's qcb B fwd D
Tried and saw this combo, the 2nd bunker does shit damage!Any other alternative Geese? Can you end it with dp+k instead? I think its possible given KOF XI weird juggle properties *cough*Oswald*cough*

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Mar 15, 2006 00:44

Yeah actually I do that combo only when I want to flash a bit. Usually I just do dp + K after the dwnfwd C. I dont think u can dp + K after bunker buster but ill confirm this later.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 21:15

HCB + K followup could always be wiffed, they didn't fix it in 2k3, hell they made his "getting up" animation LAGGIER, which made it much more difficult to play mindgames after a successful HCB + K followup hit.

Btw, my friend did this really weird combo:

std C, f + A, qcb + A (hold for fake) SC into his Maxima Revenger.

Anyone care to tell me how the eff he did this? Seems near impossible to do it execution-wise... but if this is the case, you can do some NASTY mindgames with the Vulcan Cannon:

At about two character steps distance, QCB + P (hold for fake). Vulcan Cannon advances him forward to put him range for an empty cancel MAKKUSHIMA REBENJAH

Anyone tried this yet?

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Tue Mar 21, 2006 03:32

Iie-Kyo wrote:HCB + K followup could always be wiffed, they didn't fix it in 2k3, hell they made his "getting up" animation LAGGIER, which made it much more difficult to play mindgames after a successful HCB + K followup hit.

Btw, my friend did this really weird combo:

std C, f + A, qcb + A (hold for fake) SC into his Maxima Revenger.

Anyone care to tell me how the eff he did this? Seems near impossible to do it execution-wise... but if this is the case, you can do some NASTY mindgames with the Vulcan Cannon:

At about two character steps distance, QCB + P (hold for fake). Vulcan Cannon advances him forward to put him range for an empty cancel MAKKUSHIMA REBENJAH

Anyone tried this yet?
If the sC, f+A connects, why waste a SC when you can just do sC, f+A, hcbx2+P? Only if they block, is it good to fake the qcb+A and then (not SC) do hcbx2+P or hcb+K or hcf+K. The SC is pretty useless, coz if they are blocking, the hcbx2+P will whiff anyway.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 00:21

I never said it was practical. I just said you CAN do it, and I want to know how it was done.

Either that, or he allowed the Vulcan Cannon to HIT, then SC'd off of THAT instead...

Either way, it registered four hits once his DM started. So I don't know whether it was because I hit with the Vulcan Cannon then SC'd into the DM, or if I empty cancelled the Vulcan Cannon fake into the DM from a std C, f + A.

Meh, whatever. :grin:

And it's faster to empty SC the Vulcan Cannon into the DM. The A version Vulcan Cannon fake still has decent lag after the fake - most higher level players will be able to see it and jump on reaction to it. Of course, the ball is now in your court, since if you can bait a player to jump it, that sets them up for a world of hurt (Bunker Buster x 2, or df + D into DP + K, etc.)

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Mar 22, 2006 09:26

Iie-Kyo wrote: And it's faster to empty SC the Vulcan Cannon into the DM. The A version Vulcan Cannon fake still has decent lag after the fake - most higher level players will be able to see it and jump on reaction to it. Of course, the ball is now in your court, since if you can bait a player to jump it, that sets them up for a world of hurt (Bunker Buster x 2, or df + D into DP + K, etc.)
You mean Df+C? Yeah IMHO, you should just skip DF+C part, its inconsistent if you do DF+C to dp+K. The only guaranteed hit is if you do that in the corner. I never do Vapour Canon feint to DM SC. What I do is, Stand D, Fwd+a, Vapor canon feint...opp rolls back/fwd, Move to the direction your opp rolls do the Grab DM. If my opp jumps, i just do the dp+k, given that this move has increased in priority, i dun normaly do Df+C nemore. If your has a good reaction, they'll try to poke you during/after the vapour canon lag. What I do is Down+C(nice auto guard), qcf P X2, SC Dm grab... tasty!!

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 18:58

Yeah, I meant df + C.

And like I said, the fake is good, but only if you got the guy on the defensive. It still has lag at the end, even if you fake it off the A version, and I'd never do the empty SC into the Bunker Buster off a blocked pressure string, cos there'd be WAY too much pushback and way too much being telegraphed to be of any use.

For you players who love dwn B dwn A whoring (I'm not one of em) :

dwn B, dwn A, f + A (wtf?!) into whatevers works.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Mar 24, 2006 15:06

Iie-Kyo wrote:Yeah, I meant df + C.

Are u sure? I tried it b4 a couple of times and never got it to work. It will never be a combo?

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Fri Mar 24, 2006 15:41

Geese wrote:
Iie-Kyo wrote:Yeah, I meant df + C.

Are u sure? I tried it b4 a couple of times and never got it to work. It will never be a combo?
This one im not sure of... but dwn B, Dwn A to Qcf*A etc etcworks fine for me.Considering that df+C doesnt link from low hitting attacks, my guess is that fwd+A combo wont work, thats a guess tho.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 22:28

Geese: I was pretty sure it works. dwn B dwn A *definitely* works, but I'd figure, since that dwn A, f + A works now, you can tack on an extra B to make it a dwn B dwn A friendly combo. They seem to have given the Mongolian (f + A) ridiculous amounts of speed if it's cancelled off a normal.

Oh yeah, don't forget, if you got the opponent scared, doing qcf + A, *delay* and finishing the rest of the chain works pretty well too. :D

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:44

I read somewhere that Maxima can do 5 BUNKU BUSTAHs in a row, provided that the opponent doesn't recovery roll. I managed to do 3 in a row sometime ago, but I'm not sure how you can do five.