Maxima (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Apr 03, 2006 13:29

PenPen wrote:I read somewhere that Maxima can do 5 BUNKU BUSTAHs in a row, provided that the opponent doesn't recovery roll. I managed to do 3 in a row sometime ago, but I'm not sure how you can do five.
It could be done infinitely in the corner if you had infinite stocks.. why would you waste the stocks for something that does 5% dmg over time???Twice is enough... since his DM is susceptible to heavy dmg scaling!!
Last edited by Franz Bonaparta on Mon Apr 03, 2006 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Apr 03, 2006 17:37

actually its not an infinite at all, opponent can recover roll

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Apr 03, 2006 18:14

J]-[UN wrote:actually its not an infinite at all, opponent can recover roll
Never said it was, that's why i put this remark above:"it could be done infinitely if you had infinite stocks." End it with df+c then dp+kick instead as Geese mentioned before.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Apr 04, 2006 06:17

Franz Bonaparta wrote:
PenPen wrote:I read somewhere that Maxima can do 5 BUNKU BUSTAHs in a row, provided that the opponent doesn't recovery roll. I managed to do 3 in a row sometime ago, but I'm not sure how you can do five.
It could be done infinitely in the corner if you had infinite stocks.. why would you waste the stocks for something that does 5% dmg over time???Twice is enough... since his DM is susceptible to heavy dmg scaling!!
hey frank, is there anyway of landing a combo which ends with this without doing a QS?

I tried SC-ing from the qcf A combo but I cant get the qcf x 2 D to hit.

Guess only the B version connects but you need the D version to bounce him in the air ya?

oh well...

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Apr 04, 2006 06:47

J]-[UN wrote:actually its not an infinite at all, opponent can recover roll
actually, apparently not. 5 in the corner is a guaranteed combo, or so I've heard......

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Apr 04, 2006 07:40

Derrick wrote: hey frank, is there anyway of landing a combo which ends with this without doing a QS?

I tried SC-ing from the qcf A combo but I cant get the qcf x 2 D to hit.

Guess only the B version connects but you need the D version to bounce him in the air ya?

oh well...
QS from Ryo zanretsuken is guaranteed, if you want to do it from Stand D, forward+A, qcf+a,qcf+A xx SC,do it with B instead. I managed to connect it 3 times in a row for a 22 hit combo. Some people claim that it is unrecoverable, however some may argue that it is easily tech rolled. I may assume that his bunker buster property is similar to Asura's dp+A/B/C. The "infinite" that asura has must be done with the B button because it hits "over the ground" and the additional hit of dp+B relauches the body of your opponent airborne.

If you perform Maxima's B version bunker buster DM in the corner the sequence is as follows: Bunker bustahhhhh.... opponent airborne,Maxima hits ur opponent while coming back down, Maxima's silhoutte sprite, buffer qcfx2 B, as ur opponent hits the ground ur maxima should be taking off back to the air. As i said 1 hit over the ground the other ones relaunch ur opp. airborne. Keep doing it until u got no more super bars. I have not tested the actual property of the DM but my guess it isnt tech roll-able. I think the D version makes ur opponent stays longer in the air(more hits?), so u can do that Df+C corner combos.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:08

I did the bunker bustah b version 5 times and I dont think my opponent could roll, cos when the follow up hits, they are in the air. But I wouldnt waste it unless I knew for sure I was going to win

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 03:45

Geese wrote:I did the bunker bustah b version 5 times and I dont think my opponent could roll, cos when the follow up hits, they are in the air. But I wouldnt waste it unless I knew for sure I was going to win
Does the "in the air" effect only possible when QS'ed? Yeah i did the BB DM with B(SCed) and the quickest possible outcome is when the opponent is touching ground or about to land on the ground...

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:27

Attention Maxima players: If you do (corner)D,fwd+A,Qcf+c,qcf+CxxxSC B bunker buster... the subsequent bunker busters are RECOVERABLE, nothing is guaranteed unless ur fighting against a CPU....Similar property to Asura's lame "infinite" dp+Bs, they are easily recoverable only giving this hallucinative infinite effect. I havent tested its D/B bunker buster properties if QSed off zanretsu-ken...will inform u guys later!!But I have heard reports they're guaranteed??

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu May 04, 2006 03:01

Hey guys! I didnt know you could hold on to Maxima's LDM and charge his laser beam by holding on to E after performing the LDM...lol

I only found out yesterday by mistake. Not sure if a "fully charged" beam would be unblockable...hmm..

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Sun May 28, 2006 17:14

His down D is a magnificent poke.... lovin it...

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Wed May 31, 2006 01:39

His stand D is a bloody good anti-air too!

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:57

i...still dont see how come u "could" (in case of bing theorical) escape from consecutive bunker busters...

i did several times against CPU AND players....no one could roll/recover...

(damn...they dont even hit the ground...i dont think you can air roll xD)

question: After bunker buster juggle property, is it true u can df+C into DP+B/D ?

i never could juggle df+C or dp+B/D

is there a timing, or was it just a guess form your part??

MCR
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by MCR » Fri Jun 23, 2006 06:30

Well..... I did:
jC, sD, f+A, qcf+A, qcf+A SC to bunker buster X 5 on the corner to a player at the local arcade.

Did I think about 30 hits... did not kill him but we got a good laugh (¿risa? my english it's very rusty). LMAO

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Jun 23, 2006 15:59

MCR wrote:... did not kill him but we got a good laugh (¿risa? my english it's very rusty). LMAO
'Laugh' is correct. :LOL:

About juggling after the Bunket Buster, I haven't checked but perhaps the button used with the buster determinates if it is possible to juggle the df + C after the move; I need to check it up.
But I remember having see the df + C, upc juggle after the buster, so it's there.