Official KOF XI rant/bash/spam/cry/rave/whine thread

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:15

Vegita8888 wrote:Does anyone think it's way to easy to canel into supers now. It kinda takes the skill out of it when you have like five seconds to canel into your super. Example: The combo for Ramon where he starts with the rolling sabat then jumps on them picks them back up and punches them can cancel to the tiger spinner. In 02, 03, and neowave you must have mad timing to pull this off. In XI its so easy any begginer can do it. There are so many combos like that now. Plus the extra damage from the dream cancel makes way to many characters have 80 to 90% combos. Most of my friends don't like to play team so I'm stuck with single.
It's still very much execution intensive - the example you use is a small modification to Ramon to make it easier. But you have to think of it in the bigger picture - Ramon has a harder time LANDING the initial hit because the dp + K is slower.

Also most characters don't have 80 to 90% combos - this is an overexaggeration. The only two characters that I can think of that are remotely capable of pulling this off are Duo Lon (which is very execution intensive) and Vanessa.

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Sun Jul 02, 2006 03:25

ShadowSonic wrote:Small question about the PS2 version additional BGMs...

Where are BGM tracks 39 and 46 on the option screen from? I can recognise all the others but I have no clue about these two.
Put either..

Athena (Only in the Concert Stage)
EX Kyo
Iori
Shingo
Duck (Only in the Concert Stage too)
Yuri
Terry
Geese
Jenet
or Gai

In as the first person out (on the challenger side, so in Training, it'd be the 2P side if you're 1P), they don't need to be leader, but they need to be the first person out on the challenger side. If you do, you'll get those XI-AST-Style-not-quite-so-good-but-alright remixes of their older songs. (Athena gets a new song though).

Also, I'm almost sure Oswald has a 80%-ish combo, but I'm sure it goes without saying. =P

Vegita8888
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Vegita8888 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 05:32

Iie-Kyo wrote:
Vegita8888 wrote:Does anyone think it's way to easy to canel into supers now. It kinda takes the skill out of it when you have like five seconds to canel into your super. Example: The combo for Ramon where he starts with the rolling sabat then jumps on them picks them back up and punches them can cancel to the tiger spinner. In 02, 03, and neowave you must have mad timing to pull this off. In XI its so easy any begginer can do it. There are so many combos like that now. Plus the extra damage from the dream cancel makes way to many characters have 80 to 90% combos. Most of my friends don't like to play team so I'm stuck with single.
It's still very much execution intensive - the example you use is a small modification to Ramon to make it easier. But you have to think of it in the bigger picture - Ramon has a harder time LANDING the initial hit because the dp + K is slower.

Also most characters don't have 80 to 90% combos - this is an overexaggeration. The only two characters that I can think of that are remotely capable of pulling this off are Duo Lon (which is very execution intensive) and Vanessa.
I do agree with you that i may have overexaggerated with the 80 to 90% combo statement but then again in team battle you can just tag your character out to avoid some of the damage. My friends don't care for team and will only play single so once they start a combo i get supered then dreamcancelled and I can't do a damm thing about it. That i guess is a fault with them and not the game.

I still say though that the games buffer system is way to loose. The game mistakes my qcf motions with dp motions to often and supers seem to come out of nowhere. Not to sound arogant but I do know what I'm doing. I've been plaing KOF since 98 and many other 2d fighters long before that. Now all these begginers can do combos that were once tournament only. I guess i'm just mad because now i'm losing to people who could never beat me at any other KOF.

Anyway thanks for the replay and don't hold my post count against me. I just found this site. LOL

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Jul 04, 2006 16:39

I am starting to hate "final showdown" scenarios.
By "Final showdown" scenarios, I mean, both sides are left with their last characters and both are leaders.

It is worse when both are using S tiers and/or S level LDMs.

Very stressful. XD

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Sat Jul 15, 2006 00:56

What's with everyone having the mindset that the PS2 game is nothing like the Arcade game? The Arrange Mode with the balances is ONLY an option, you can turn it off. If you don't want the NGBC characters, don't pick them, they never show up in any CPU match except for the end of Survival. Better yet, just buy the game and don't unlock a thing, it's the same game as the Arcade.

I honestly don't mean to go off on anyone. But honestly, you're just being stingy if you can't appreciate the fact that you got exactly what you wanted (the same game with the same cast and same system and same bugs) with some extra gifts that are either switchable, need to be unlocked, or you can just ignore them. (Arrange Mode with 3D BGs, NGBC Characters, Training Mode).

Infact, the ONLY thing forced upon you with this purchase that you don't get in the Arcade game and you can't switch it off is the classic remixed music for certain characters. That's it.

This is mostly a replay to Shura's post in the Arrange Mode thread, but I deleted the post from there and put it here since it probably better belongs here..

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 06:32

I only had one thing to whine about before, which was the lack of Leona... but i got over that.

Right now, I have something more to whine about.

About an hour ago I was playing it fine, with my 100% complete game that I'd spent ages in the challenge mode to get... I turn my PS2 back on and my save file refuses to load, probably corrupted. I really don't want to have to go through the damn challenge mode again... :-(

WAH WHERE'S MY LEONA :( :( :( :(

Superbabef
Is it a bot?

Some KoFXI ART?

Post by Superbabef » Sun Aug 06, 2006 09:08

I'm searching all of KoFXI Art.
I mean Character's, Ending and Special Illustration (from PS2 version).
I've allready found some good matches on kawaii art zone but there still the web site's logo on every image.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Re: Some KoFXI ART?

Post by inuko » Thu Aug 24, 2006 04:30

Superbabef wrote:I'm searching all of KoFXI Art.
I mean Character's, Ending and Special Illustration (from PS2 version).
I've allready found some good matches on kawaii art zone but there still the web site's logo on every image.
http://www.snkdatabase.com Has a lot of stuff. Nice reference for the original roster of characters, but no sub-bosses and what not.

Oh! My "cheap" Adel friend has actually dropped Adel. xD So now the other guy has got NOTHING to complain about (and still loses. My friend's very happy about this.) I picked up Adel recently (just toying around, really) and he amuses me. Duck King amuses me more, but spam d.a is so annoying when you're on the receiving end.

Sometimes, it just sucks to play if you're having a off day or whatever. All I did was lose today :( SIGH. It kind of...hm, eats my confidence. There's a tourney that might go on at my school and I was really excited at first and now...I dunno. I don't want to be "that one chick who thought she could play video games" -_-;;; Well, I'm done with my rant xD

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Aug 24, 2006 14:27

I know a few chicks who *can* play video games, don't ever be discouraged by something as gender.

If anything, it's not really gender per se as how much work you're willing to put in that determines success in today's fighting games. Fighting games nowadays (or actually, any competitive game in general) are so complex that to be any good at them you *need* to put long hours in studying, practicing, and playing against a wide range of opponents. It just so happens that most girls probably don't see the need to put in said hours in something as trivial as a video game, whereas guys in general will do so if it allows them to say in some form or another "HAA HAA I'M BETTER THAN YOU!".

That was of course a gross misgeneralisation, but hey, it's the rant thread. ^_^

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Thu Aug 24, 2006 16:38

I know this but still -_- Bad days always get to ya, you know? I just want to be able to hold my own really xD I probably say this because I'm the hyper-competitive type; I like to be good at stuff (I can accept if I can't...but it just takes awhile) And yay for gross misgeneralizations!

It's a rant thread, go wild woo~~~

The one thing I'd LIKE to prove at a tourny in front of a lot of people (who like to play either the K, the G, or the O in rotation):

MOMOKO DOESN'T SUCK ;_; Just the people who play her, ahahah. >_> I like showing people that it's the player who makes the character work moreso than the character themselves. I get too many "wtf momoko? she sux :(" comments lol.

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Thu Aug 24, 2006 17:25

Haha, it's less so "Momoko sux" and moreso "Momoko has huge disadvantages going for her", but if you can work it, I say go for it. Just make sure you get lots of practice against human opponents too, only getting practice against the AI tends to mess you up bad when there's something that obviously only would work on them and a human would catch on to eventually (constant hop attacks, spamming the same move and getting away with it). Practicing on Level 8 still gives you good training, but I still find the AI to be randomly silly during the early stages XP.

Oh oh, on a side note, anyone else find it a little frustrating that (and I noticed this moreso in KoF03) the difficulty switcher thingy in the options only goes up 8 levels, but the AI still does get smarter as the game goes anyway? The latter part (AI getting smarter/harder as the game goes) doesn't bother me so much as the AI defaulting to the first stage AI in Training Mode does.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Sat Aug 26, 2006 20:05

I think our arcade machine is cranked up to the hardest level >_> I mean, my friend saw them doing stuff to it and he said it was set up to very hard...or something. I've played another machine and it was like, easy as pie O_O. I know once I hit Gato and his team I'm like "...ouch." Sucks to get them first stage and then lose lol.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Finally my Atomiswave + Cab has arrived!!!!

Post by Derrace » Sun Aug 27, 2006 03:51

Woot! This new toy of mine just came in on Weds.. havent had much time.. anyway, here's a screenie. =)

:D :D :D

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Sun Aug 27, 2006 05:58

zomg. That's sooo cool. I'm incredibly jealous, but I hate the joystick/button set up >_> According to some people, my arcade has "American" controls lol. Well, whatever's comfortable on home turf xD but still. OMGGG ;_; *so jealous*

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Mon Aug 28, 2006 17:53

Hahaha, I just noticed something extremely unimportant and miniscule, but a great act of detail on SNK's part.
While running, the running footsteps change depending on what you're running on. Like, in the South stage (with the greeeen, and treeees and stuff), while on the left side, you'll hear footsteps on the sidewalk, then in the middle, while on the metal ramp thingies, you'll hear the metal clanky, and at the end, you'll hear it sound different while walking on the wood. (Yay commas).

The sound effect actually doesn't change while running though, it'l keep the same one from the place you started at. So if you started running from the metal part of the stage, and got to the part where the wood floor is, it'l still play the metal clanky footsteps sound. Or if you started running on the wood floors and got to the metal part, it'l still play that sound. It's a neato detail and means we have different footsteps noises depending on the floor you started your run at, neat!