Ash (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Ash (XI)

Post by Photon » Mon Jun 13, 2005 03:14

Talk about strats for the girly main character here. I wonder whether he jacked the Kagura power or not.

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:23

I really hope they gave Ash a new move... He was too plain and played the same by all with his movelist... A projectile, and uppercut, and a grapple... Needs a more tactical move... I've heard that his projectile takes longer to come out in XI... But is there just more lag as he's creating it, or is there actually more recovery time afterwards? I think he needed the latter somewhat drastically...

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Jun 14, 2005 14:55

His movelist appears to be the same (no surprises) but his stand/jump C animations have apparently been changed.

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Sat Jun 18, 2005 22:34

Ash is back. No surprise there. I hope he gets a new move or two, but I'm fine with the moves he already has now.

kyo_andy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by kyo_andy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 05:28

why don't give the qcb+ k move of remy in 3s???, after all he is a remy-ripoff(sorry if this offend anyone,but how i hate this clone...), actually he was good in 2k3 so i thought they were gonna change some of their normals

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Sun Jun 19, 2005 05:43

Remy Rip Off?.... i beg to disagree.

Ash is ghey-ee.... :/

Gameplay wise, i used him once in the local arcades here. And he made me remember why i hated Guile in the first place... a.k.a. chargies..

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Sun Jun 19, 2005 06:19

Ash does look and act gay (he enjoys painting his nails, he's got that queer hair-clip thing), but I still play as him. He's obvioulsy a Guile/Nash/Remy clone when it comes to his moves, but I guess KOF needed a character like that.
Last edited by Anti-K' on Mon Jun 20, 2005 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Sun Jun 19, 2005 14:57

Really? For what? Bore people silly? He's not fresh in the way Kula, K9999 or Angel were...

He's just a sprite who is almost indentical to the three fellas mentioned! Need a character like that?

Who again?

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 15:32

Thought Ash's design was pretty cool, I would have been gay for him if it wasn't for those damn freckles. Besides, Beni's gay energy was running low, SNKP did need sumone else to increase the gay aura, not even Ramon and the bond between K' and Maxima were enough.

And really, who cares about his moves being identical or not, u might as well go arround calling every shoto-styled chars out there a Ryu-clone.
7d3j wrote:He's just a sprite who is almost indentical to the three fellas mentioned!
that statement is hardly true... though do u even know the ppl Anti-K's talking about?

kyo_andy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by kyo_andy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 04:40

r3v3n4nT wrote:Beni's gay energy was running low
running low... i don't think so... just look at the leopard skirt and you'll see that he have enough "gay aura" for everyone :D

duolon_2005
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by duolon_2005 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 18:21

lololol..............Now this is a thread about gayness............

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Wed Jul 27, 2005 03:03

I agree that the basic charge back fireball, charge down uppercut, grapple combo is pretty played out... But, it is kinda' fun to play as at times, but it feels so barren having so few moves. I like all the little things built into Ash to give you charge time though... Such as how lon ghis grapple takes, his basics that let you move closer or further back while charging, and such... But still...
Anyways, since SNK didn't have one of these standard character archetypes, I suppose it's good that they finally gave themselves one, just for the players that prefer this type of character.. But really , did it have to be a main character? Oh well...

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Wed Jul 27, 2005 03:15

Ash followed in Robert 2K's footsteps. :D

As much as I like Ash's characteristics, his gameplay has got to go.Or improve.

Guile clone.
Nash clone.
Remy clone.
Robert clone.
Kain clone.

And I can go on.
Actually, I feel that the whole 2003 hero team has been ripped off from somewhere. But Duo Lon and Shen Woo are still good enough to be different. But Ash...

The only thing going for Ash that makes him Ash is his b B.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Jul 28, 2005 04:43

Persona wrote:
The only thing going for Ash that makes him Ash is his b B.
BALLERINA KICK FOR THE WIN!

Did Remy have all the stupid fireball setups Ash has with his green booger ball of doom?

*has never played 3Strike*

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:35

Nope, Remy didn't even have a super art that looks like Ash's. Most of the time, I notice people pick his SA2 out of all the 3 SAs (triple somersault kicks) and even then, his SA1 projectile super art has him tossing a barrage of high/low sonic booms only. As for the mindgames, well, his low sonic boom makes things different into comboing his SA1 + they're pretty slow compared to Ash's projectiles.

Back to Ash: As stated earlier, a couple of new and different moves would do him well in this installment, IMO. But so far, nothing's been said about that yet.