orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:01

do you peeps know that his fireball reflector move reflects all energy attacks?

i'm pretty sure, i did Kula's ice breath, snowflake fireball and her super move with the ice pillars and he sent all of them flying

MCR
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by MCR » Wed Jul 26, 2006 05:10

do you peeps know that his fireball reflector move reflects all energy attacks?

i'm pretty sure, i did Kula's ice breath, snowflake fireball and her super move with the ice pillars and he sent all of them flying
Really?

I've deflected the ice star, but haven't tried the ice pillar, I guess I'll have to try it.

Couldn't do the QS with Ralf, my QS ability is little to none.
Forgot about the AB shortcut.

I did manage to do the delayed qcf+P and the LDM of the ground (looks pretty nice).

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Wed Jul 26, 2006 05:29

it reflects Oswalds thrown cards also.

(could somebody enlist all sort of things Shen can reflect?

im interested in, if he can reflect Kensou´s LDM

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 08:26

Kensou's LDM was way too fast for me to get properly, but i don't think it's possible to smack that away

Terry's power geyser isn't reflectable, but Athena's shining crystal bit is

if anyone wants me to try things, post them here and i'll check it out :D

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Thu Jul 27, 2006 09:23

try shen's ldm on an incoming opponent..from a previous ko

it's unblockable?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:34

shura wrote:here's the trick explained
shen has a shortcut for his ldm that works in similar manner to ash's

just keep pressed AB then hit C 2 times quicly and your big bang LDM will come out

i have to try if a better shortcut exists then i'll post

i wonder if duolon have another one..
Wow. Never heard of that before, will have to try that out. So you roll, keep the AB depressed, then tap Cx2?

Cool. Lemme go check it out...

Damn, that's a real cool find, it DID check out. You can press AB (roll) and tap C, C. Or do it within a combo to SC (qcfx2+K DM then press AB on the second hit, hold it, and press C, C on the third hit to SC. You can even jump and press AB upon landing (it'll do a jump A) and then press C, C, (it'll do a stand C for 2 hits) but it'll unfortunately NOT combo the LDM...lol too bad.

Damn good find. Was this shortcut here last year?

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Thu Jul 27, 2006 15:02

yeah..i figured it out last night..i was thinking on ash's shortcut
and i thinked that maybe shen had one too and maybe it have worked in a similar way
so i started practicing keeping some button pressed and i found it!!!

then i tried on duolon and he have his too..

btw i think also that a shortcut like this was figured out before..the idea came in my mind after evolution vol2 by kofunion where a shen did AB roll then the LDM
yes, possible without cheating but so difficult..
but i want to share my findings with others instead to keep secrets

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 19:24

hanzo_wong wrote:u can try with ralf : in corner s C, dp C, qs shen woo, LDM hits on the ground...
Yeah I just tested that today, must be done really fast but it does connect for 3 hits and does mucho damage.

*Note. When done against Benimaru I manage to do with Ralf in the corner: s.C, dp C, QS Shen, AB hold (roll), Cx2

But against Oswald, if I tried to roll in the combo, it would always just missed (Oswald gets up too fast?) So against Oswald I had to press AB while Shen was flying in, and press Cx2 REAL fast for the 3 hits.

Interesting finding: Playing around with the LDM shortcut some more, you can walk around the stage with AB held for as long as you like, and tap C~C real fast when you want and the LDM comes out. If Shen sticks out a normal C before transforming (coz of C, C)--he'll do his 'quick' LDM transformation, but he doesn't do a normal before it, he'll take longer to transform.

You cannot do s.C, quick transformation into LDM, he's not close enough. I also tried j.E into LDM OTG but it's not quick enough due to the aforementioned.

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Thu Jul 27, 2006 19:37

hehehe seems that you all enjoyed my short :P

btw shen have not no recovery roll moves so the only useful thing you can pull out with him is to charge to the maximum his qcfC then after the hit link the LDM to otg if your oppo don't roll

and in he can cancel LDM out his far C i think that you can use LDM as antiair

and...antiair=counter

OMG

MCR
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by MCR » Fri Jul 28, 2006 06:59

Hello.

The shortcut does work and it works wonders.

The Ralf--> Shen combo it's not even fair, can not roll away for HUGE damage. It's almost as unfair as the bug KO done by Oswald.

One thing though: one loses time when rolling, since I was fast enough to do the secuence without the shortcut it does not matter to me, but a person at the arcade pointed that to me.

Really it does not matter because with the roll the opponent might think you're heading for an easy combo but instead you get invinsibility AND the LDM.
At the arcade people already know when I'm trying to pull the LDM because of the button clicks, this way (with the shortcut) they don't even see it comming.

I started learning QS-ting and other guy told me that the best for beginners like me was Maxima+Adel+your main character.

Incredible stun damage with those two and very easy to pull.

That guy was mad because he told me that and he had a full bar character and I had almost no life with the three characters, did the qcf+A * 2 (Maxima) QS to Adel and his s.C, back B QS to Shen, do one or two hits and Stun, roll to shortcut to LDM = good comeback win.

Thanks a lot for the shortcut Shura. :salute:

roghzx
Is it a bot?

Post by roghzx » Fri Jul 28, 2006 07:05

shen can do a lot of stun dmg too...

jD, C, fB, qcfA (QS Adel) D, C, bB, qcfD = stun

Adel's LDM can take the rest of opps hp... rofl

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Fri Jul 28, 2006 08:08

LDM can't be used as antiair..i'm able to pull it off without the gorilla animation but it seems to not connect on a jumping oppo

i used this short:

hold ABC then E then C

after few frames of the E animation LDM come out :P

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 08:43

shura wrote:LDM can't be used as antiair..i'm able to pull it off without the gorilla animation but it seems to not connect on a jumping oppo

i used this short:

hold ABC then E then C

after few frames of the E animation LDM come out :P
Why would you do the E button, just as a button to cancel off? Or coz it's a great Anti-Air if the LDM DOESN'T come out. Or all of the above? On a unrelated note, if done early, I find that qcb+E~C does wonders as an anti-air.

Shen's Ralf combo is a beast because it does like 65% damage for 3 hits, uses only 2 stocks and 1 skill but most importantly, it leaves Shen in the LDM mode for the full 5 seconds (or however long he stays in LDM) which is where the REAL damage comes in!

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Fri Jul 28, 2006 09:11

Kane317 wrote:Why would you do the E button, just as a button to cancel off? Or coz it's a great Anti-Air if the LDM DOESN'T come out. Or all of the above? On a unrelated note, if done early, I find that qcb+E~C does wonders as an anti-air.
i used E 'cause it is the only kara cancellable attack from shen
maybe i have to try A but i can't think on a valid shortcut

the fact that remains is that you can't use as antiair..but if you master on how to pull this kara quicly you surely can use his ldm to otg in many situations :P

or maybe (i have to try) without the gorilla animation the ldm don't otg

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Fri Jul 28, 2006 18:22

shura wrote: i used E 'cause it is the only kara cancellable attack from shen
maybe i have to try A but i can't think on a valid shortcut

the fact that remains is that you can't use as antiair..but if you master on how to pull this kara quicly you surely can use his ldm to otg in many situations :P

or maybe (i have to try) without the gorilla animation the ldm don't otg
if you cancel the LDM from any move you wont get the gorilla animation and the LDM wont hit at all.
if gorilla animation= LDM hits+OTG